Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Nice to hear of a good trip, Higgins! And two classic bikes to boot, awesome. Did you get your tank from Samurider?
 
Sounds a good trip. The bike looks great.
 
Nice shots. Trip sounds like a nice getaway- Did you book hotels or airbnb's?

Also on the bike, did you dip the wheels or remove tires and prime before paint?
 
I only saw the first picture earlier today. Number three is a beauty.
 
HigginsNYC_imp said:
NY STATE MOTO TRIP:

In this age of social distancing, me and a buddy decided 1,203 miles was a good distance. Jumping on my '13 CB1100 and him on his Triumph Bonneville, we mapped a loose 5 day loop from NYC to get out and see some countryside (and another country!). Touching 4 states (NY, NJ, VT, & PA) and Oh Canada (actually crossing over for a kilometer or two at Akwesasne) the trip was a great escape from the quarantine and chaos of the big city. With stops in Saratoga Springs, Plattsburg, Watertown and Horseheads NY, the open road did not disappoint. Like any journey, there were high points and hiccups, great vistas and pitfalls, but all of it blissfully spent on 2 wheels. A successful return home was the main objective. Mission Accomplished!

The CB performed great (on new tires and brakes) ... and screamed when I had open road (115 mph was all I had the nerve for)...

-Mike
Thanks for sharing,:thumbsup:
 
pdedse_imp said:
Nice to hear of a good trip, Higgins! And two classic bikes to boot, awesome. Did you get your tank from Samurider?


Hey,

Tank is stock. I just worked up a paint scheme to give it a more retro feel (and disguise that modern angle they put in it). So, it's just custom paint.

-Mike
:thumbsup:

clearviewx_imp said:
HigginsNYC_imp said:
NY STATE MOTO TRIP:

In this age of social distancing, me and a buddy decided 1,203 miles was a good distance. Jumping on my '13 CB1100 and him on his Triumph Bonneville, we mapped a loose 5 day loop from NYC to get out and see some countryside (and another country!). Touching 4 states (NY, NJ, VT, & PA) and Oh Canada (actually crossing over for a kilometer or two at Akwesasne) the trip was a great escape from the quarantine and chaos of the big city. With stops in Saratoga Springs, Plattsburg, Watertown and Horseheads NY, the open road did not disappoint. Like any journey, there were high points and hiccups, great vistas and pitfalls, but all of it blissfully spent on 2 wheels. A successful return home was the main objective. Mission Accomplished!

The CB performed great (on new tires and brakes) ... and screamed when I had open road (115 mph was all I had the nerve for)...

-Mike
Thanks for sharing,:thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing,:thumbsup:
Cormanus_imp said:
Sounds a good trip. The bike looks great.

:D
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Nice shots. Trip sounds like a nice getaway- Did you book hotels or airbnb's?

Also on the bike, did you dip the wheels or remove tires and prime before paint?

I have a sweet deal with Marriott, so we stayed at Courtyards and Fairfields all 4 nights. Good deal, comfortable place to rest up.

The rims are sandblasted raw and powered coated clear. I couldn't know before it was done, but I'd go silver powered if I was to do it again.

-Mike
 
Great pics of a beautiful bike as always Alprider

here's mine at a rest stop at the lake today.

3399d4d5067dde2982e43044b4d0bd52.jpg
 
Thanks again for your great pictures , I have only been to your Country twice for short stops but would love to go there again for a longer visit.
 
thanks again.......but...... the right light makes a lot matter...if is not good or it comes from the wrong side so i make no pic.. or be it, I'm in a place where I will never come again like by holidays
 
Had to stop, my jaw dropped when I came around a bend and this sunset hit.
Also, as my riding skills are coming back, the CB1100 keeps up. I navigated some delicious twisties yesterday, and the way it responds around 4-6,000 rpm in both 3rd and 4th is just lovely. Yum. I have to confess that I miss that 70s inline four SCREAM at the highest revs, there was always something really special about those moments where you're pushing yourself and the bike to its limits and it just wails like I don't know something out of Jurassic Park, matching your own state of mind perfectly. Haha.
Anyway, enjoy a sunset.

5ca90bc849aa4cbcc79780d5b073e823.jpg
 
Nice pics Hovmod and Sea!

You know I was thinking this CB is a real locomotive lol

5f3fa67deb93da1f16695fd49f952c2b.jpg
 
Back
Top