Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

No CB in the picture, but the Baltic See is also beautiful and marvelous at night in the Riga Bay as I found out today. My Honda brought me here.



Wisedrum
 
Beautiful pics Wisedrum! Very good to see places I've never heard of. No worries with the biking tipping over on the Ferry?
 
No. Asked the ferryman, if we should tie the bike because I had a bad experience once in Norway, where a young ship officer lady thought, it wasn't necessary to tie the CB. I believed her. End of the story, I was called during the travel because the Honda felt to ground. Some scratches but no bigger damage. This was that. The crew regreted the lady's decision a thousand times.

But this time everything was fine. Left the 1st gear in, put the CB on the sidestand and the bike didn't moved a bit. The sea was very calm, the trip relatively short.

The return to the mainland/Estland will follow tomorrow.

[attachment=11604]

Nice cliffs on Saaremaa today. I took a rest and stayed there for a while.
 
No. Asked the ferryman, if we should tie the bike because I had a bad experience once in Norway, where a young ship officer lady thought, it wasn't necessary to tie the CB. I believed her. End of the story I was called during the travel because the Honda felt to ground.

But this time everything was fine. Left the 1st gear, put the CB on the sidestand and the bike didn't moved a bit. The sea was very calm, the trip relatively short.

Tomorrow will follow the return to the mainland/Estland.

Wisedrum
 
I’m enjoying the photos, Wisedrum.
 
Nice pictures from your journey. Which you fun and nice experiences on your vacation.

I really like the CB1300. I think, though it is water cooled, you can see a lot of elements the CB1100 inherited from the CB1300, more than from the CB750. As far as I know, the engine of the CB1300 was used as a template for the development of the CB1100.
 
That's what I read too, Django. Honda took the gearbox, the clutch, the lower part of the engine from the CB1300 and developed the CB1100 engine out of it. The CB1300 was once the "Alp King" in a German motorbike camparison test. Remember her standing on the highest mountain on apicture as an illustration of her won title.

Wisedrum
 
Didnt get my bike in the pic but I took this on a ride yesterday. This is North Fork American River. The Forresthill bridge is the 4th highest in the USA, over 700 feet up above the river. Never been over it, but will try soon!
 
Did someone say tar snakes? lol

7f58f5494e4f87a481afe26c22f6f2e4.jpg
 
Back
Top