Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

That is James T. Parks on the CB. He did a review of the CB 1100 in the March/April edition 2015 for Road Runner. I sorta know Florian Newhauser from Road Runner and I just sent Mr Parks an invite to the rally in Kentucky by way of Florian. Those that attended the rally in Virginia will remember they each received a copy of Road Runner with the Wythevillle Va area featured that Florian had sent to us.
 
A beautiful day and I took the opportunity to join a group ride (sponsored by my local Honda Motorsports dealer). I figured I needed the practice riding in a group in-preparation for our upcoming Rally in Berea. I almost always ride alone. Most of the bikes were big cruisers, Wings and Harleys. No CBs except mine. For 80 miles, I was riding between Harleys and regretted not wearing earplugs! Usually my Shoei Helmet muffles the wind noise pretty well, but not the exhaust blasts! I assume riding with other CBs will be quieter. Please, no offense to Harley riders.
The picture was taken at an outlook on the Shawangunk Mountain Range (Southern Catskill Mountain area).
78d86fe730f332f802af6743d2493fad.jpg


You can see only a third of the bikes in this group.
 
The ferret_imp said:
That is James T. Parks on the CB. He did a review of the CB 1100 in the March/April edition 2015 for Road Runner. I sorta know Florian Newhauser from Road Runner and I just sent Mr Parks an invite to the rally in Kentucky by way of Florian. Those that attended the rally in Virginia will remember they each received a copy of Road Runner with the Wythevillle Va area featured that Florian had sent to us.

Florian emailed me that he has passed the invite on to Jim (James Parks). Whether he will come or not is another matter.


Suhawk... I am hoping even though we have 30 scheduled to come to the rally, that we will break up into smaller groups for day rides. That's why I'm printing lots of maps and directions lol
 
Thanks for the compliments guys...

And since today is Sunday again and the weather is wonderful, I went for another spin. This time around some gorgeous lakes in Bavaria, Germany.
In a more relaxed driving I managed to keep the average fuel consumption under the 5L/100km in the 237 km I made today. Nice touring bike
b03f42c31f2610205af7683882e0e3c4.png

Hope you enjoy the pics...


Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através do Tapatalk
 
Beautiful. If I lived in country like that I'd have a tough time going back home.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Beautiful. If I lived in country like that I'd have a tough time going back home.
+1
 
Ride to Washington TX today nice ride vutbthe Texas humidity has already started

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
 
The ferret_imp said:
Beautiful. If I lived in country like that I'd have a tough time going back home.
Eheheh... yes sometimes ain't easy. But the wife has strong arguments
95b405a745c3c64627f85fbd8260cfc3.png


Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através do Tapatalk
 
f8649c9edcca59c4fc76668cb1af3929.jpg


Looking across Moreton Bay from Ocean View at Mt Mee.
 
You selling your bike Cormanus?

Gosh that black with black side covers and silver motor and wheels is stunning.
 
One of the things I like about New Mexico is it's quick and easy to get out in the middle of nowhere.

cfe5c04f3d9a10fa891ae83847fc4435.jpg

Manzano Mountains on the horizon.

77d7d13ccd6560d264f68555dbc97606.jpg

The Shaffer Hotel and Dining Room, Mountainair, NM
(you can look it up on the 'innernet')

07dae4f1d8303d370549a253d107d8a9.jpg

Currently not in operation. That's a shame,
because it's a nice 70 mile jaunt with some
good twisties thrown in, and have a cuppa
at the Dining Room.

The wind was SW at 20mph+ up on the high plains, and the big CB is like a boulder in the wind, planted and stable. As I rode along I thought about the wind playing across the air cooled motor, first one side and then the other. And then while stopped for photos, how the motor temp rose and rose without the wind blast. And why tail winds aren't necessarily all that good for a motor.

Be the motor....
 
The ferret_imp said:
You selling your bike Cormanus?

Gosh that black with black side covers and silver motor and wheels is stunning.
:rofl: I think the sign says it's me for sale.
 
StillLine_imp said:
2018 Blessing of the Bikes at Bald Knob Cross of Peace in Alto Pass, IL. 2,634 motorcycles, 101 cars and 4,059 people total.
Wow, that is really cool.

That is worthy of its own thread if you have a lot of picks.:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top