the Ferret
Road warrior
What a great looking CB Aussieflyer.Love the black with the silver motor and light colored wheels.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
WOW! Santiago Canyon. Our old motorcycle stomping grounds.Papa Weeley_imp said:WOW! Santiago Canyon. Our old motorcycle stomping grounds.c-breezy_imp said:Rode to Santiago Canyon again - here's a shot on Portola:![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back in the late '70s and early '80s, that was a fantastic, tight, windy little two-lane country road that we used to go bombing through on weekend mornings almost every single week. We'd blast out the 22 from Huntington Beach to Chapman Ave., cut across Orange Hills to the beginning of Santiago Cyn. Rd., and down to El Toro and back. Just a few country homes, the road canopied in trees, with light dappling through them through much of it. I knew every curve of that road, where the potholes and crappy repairs were, where little trickles of water would sometimes run off a hillside and across the road...
I remember being blown away when they opened up a stretch to four lanes. It looked like a piece of freeway at the time. The nice thing was, it made it WAY safer to pass slower traffic than what we usually did before. But little did we know that meant that they were preparing for several thousand houses about to be built there, and our incredible country road was about to become a major, overcrowded thoroughfare.
The times I remember best are '84-ish. I had a Yamaha Seca Turbo, and my buddy had a new Kawasaki Ninja (the very first one), and two of his friends both had Kawi GPZ550s. We saw (an indicated) 130-140mph many, many times on that road. Can you imagine that now? LOL
Wow. Thanks for the great memory flash!
Jacksonville's Museum Of Science & History.The ferret_imp said:cool pic and nice mural. What is MOSH?
after much thought and artistic appraisal ....... the one with the motorbike in it. That is, the in focus motorbikeMika74_imp said:Hello
one picture of my incoming post about a recent trip between Collioure (south of France near mediterranean sea) and Cadaques (Spain)
Fishermen in a small traditional boat
![]()
no error with the focus...I aim the boat and the men working on it, I have the other version too with bike focus and boat blurred in background... 2 pictures with very different result, which one do you like ?
![]()
My wife with my CB11 in Collioure... she just got her motorcycle driver's license ...
![]()
Just for some little ride waiting for her Triumph street twin...

It's for my wife, the street twin is too small for me and the CB11 too heavy for her. If the weather not too bad I will try the t120, low seat for me but I want to feel the différence with our cb11 on the road. Somebody in the forum compared the 2 bikes ?The ferret_imp said:I sat on a street twin yesterday. Thought the CB1100 small, but the Street Twin is real small
Aussieflyer_imp said:Yesterday I made a quick trip up through the Kinglake hills (~ 600m elevation), down to Healesville, across to Yarra Glen, up to Sugarloaf Dam, and pulled up the Saint Andrews pub ~ 150Km round trip.
We've had a dry summer so the water levels at Sugarloaf are only at 60% of its 96,000 megalitre capacity.
The pub at St Andrews is a favourite for many motorcyclists and hotrod / classic car enthusiasts. A blues band plays most Sunday afternoons and the beer is always cold.
[url=http://s121.photobucket.com/user/aussieflyer1100/media/Motorcycles/Trips/Out%20and%20about/st%20andrews_zpso8jyyx7p.jpg.html]