Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

What a great looking CB Aussieflyer.Love the black with the silver motor and light colored wheels.
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
c-breezy_imp said:
Rode to Santiago Canyon again - here's a shot on Portola:
3a623402801136c554ff028ac472c13e.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WOW! Santiago Canyon. Our old motorcycle stomping grounds.
Back in the late '70s and early '80s, that was a fantastic, tight, windy little two-lane country road that we used to go bombing through on weekend mornings almost every single week. We'd blast out the 22 from Huntington Beach to Chapman Ave., cut across Orange Hills to the beginning of Santiago Cyn. Rd., and down to El Toro and back. Just a few country homes, the road canopied in trees, with light dappling through them through much of it. I knew every curve of that road, where the potholes and crappy repairs were, where little trickles of water would sometimes run off a hillside and across the road...
I remember being blown away when they opened up a stretch to four lanes. It looked like a piece of freeway at the time. The nice thing was, it made it WAY safer to pass slower traffic than what we usually did before. But little did we know that meant that they were preparing for several thousand houses about to be built there, and our incredible country road was about to become a major, overcrowded thoroughfare.
The times I remember best are '84-ish. I had a Yamaha Seca Turbo, and my buddy had a new Kawasaki Ninja (the very first one), and two of his friends both had Kawi GPZ550s. We saw (an indicated) 130-140mph many, many times on that road. Can you imagine that now? LOL
Wow. Thanks for the great memory flash!
WOW! Santiago Canyon. Our old motorcycle stomping grounds.
Back in the late '70s and early '80s, that was a fantastic, tight, windy little two-lane country road that we used to go bombing through on weekend mornings almost every single week. We'd blast out the 22 from Huntington Beach to Chapman Ave., cut across Orange Hills to the beginning of Santiago Cyn. Rd., and down to El Toro and back. Just a few country homes, the road canopied in trees, with light dappling through them through much of it. I knew every curve of that road, where the potholes and crappy repairs were, where little trickles of water would sometimes run off a hillside and across the road...
I remember being blown away when they opened up a stretch to four lanes. It looked like a piece of freeway at the time. The nice thing was, it made it WAY safer to pass slower traffic than what we usually did before. But little did we know that meant that they were preparing for several thousand houses about to be built there, and our incredible country road was about to become a major, overcrowded thoroughfare.
The times I remember best are '84-ish. I had a Yamaha Seca Turbo, and my buddy had a new Kawasaki Ninja (the very first one), and two of his friends both had Kawi GPZ550s. We saw (an indicated) 130-140mph many, many times on that road. Can you imagine that now? LOL
Wow. Thanks for the great memory flash!
That sounds amazing! I've only recently started riding around there, but I can only imagine how much more fun it was back then before they developed RSM. Riding through feels like I've stepped back in time.

I still remember buying a part for my old Honda Civic via The Recycler (paper classifieds, what's that?!) and heading out to Rancho Santa Margarita at night, and it was just this cluster of lights in the distance with what seemed like a single lit road leading out to it. How times have changed!
 
Got a chance to ride around traffic-free after work yesterday, if only it could be like this ALL THE TIME
0e45fc6707ccb4dc850621be66271d07.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
at the dealers to make an appointment for my idle/stalling engine problem:


next appointment is for the end of the month to bring her in for inspection


Meanwhile, lets keep on rollin' :cool:


 
cool pic and nice mural. What is MOSH?
 
Hello
one picture of my incoming post about a recent trip between Collioure (south of France near mediterranean sea) and Cadaques (Spain)
Fishermen in a small traditional boat
edabaef25e6109237f450b4f935cbb70.jpg


no error with the focus...I aim the boat and the men working on it, I have the other version too with bike focus and boat blurred in background... 2 pictures with very different result, which one do you like ?
b2ff4168e9eed797ad1ecfb82fd10af7.jpg

My wife with my CB11 in Collioure... she just got her motorcycle driver's license ...
4bbeb39cf25358182a18c6a37cd02d80.jpg


Just for some little ride waiting for her Triumph street twin...
 
Mika74_imp said:
Hello
one picture of my incoming post about a recent trip between Collioure (south of France near mediterranean sea) and Cadaques (Spain)
Fishermen in a small traditional boat
edabaef25e6109237f450b4f935cbb70.jpg


no error with the focus...I aim the boat and the men working on it, I have the other version too with bike focus and boat blurred in background... 2 pictures with very different result, which one do you like ?
b2ff4168e9eed797ad1ecfb82fd10af7.jpg

My wife with my CB11 in Collioure... she just got her motorcycle driver's license ...
4bbeb39cf25358182a18c6a37cd02d80.jpg


Just for some little ride waiting for her Triumph street twin...
after much thought and artistic appraisal ....... the one with the motorbike in it. That is, the in focus motorbike :)

purely from an art critique point of view of course, no preference for a CB over rub a dub dub :D
 
I sat on a street twin yesterday. Thought the CB1100 small, but the Street Twin is real small
 
The ferret_imp said:
I sat on a street twin yesterday. Thought the CB1100 small, but the Street Twin is real small
It's for my wife, the street twin is too small for me and the CB11 too heavy for her. If the weather not too bad I will try the t120, low seat for me but I want to feel the différence with our cb11 on the road. Somebody in the forum compared the 2 bikes ?
 
My Triumph dealer called and said he had a T120 and unspoken for Thruxton R on the floor, so I went to go check them out.

My perception of the T120 is that it is indeed very small, narrow, and compact. The Thruxton even more so, but this doesn't detract from their appeal unless you are so tall or large of stature that the ergonomics become unworkable. For my 5' 10" frame, they seemed like a good fit. They are beautifully finished bikes and the details are spot on.

For now, my CBs do everything I need them to.
 
Aussieflyer_imp said:
Yesterday I made a quick trip up through the Kinglake hills (~ 600m elevation), down to Healesville, across to Yarra Glen, up to Sugarloaf Dam, and pulled up the Saint Andrews pub ~ 150Km round trip.

We've had a dry summer so the water levels at Sugarloaf are only at 60% of its 96,000 megalitre capacity.

The pub at St Andrews is a favourite for many motorcyclists and hotrod / classic car enthusiasts. A blues band plays most Sunday afternoons and the beer is always cold.



[url=http://s121.photobucket.com/user/aussieflyer1100/media/Motorcycles/Trips/Out%20and%20about/st%20andrews_zpso8jyyx7p.jpg.html]

Just wow.
I can't help but keep coming back to this.
Beautiful bike, and beautifully executed.
Fantastic, modern, reliable recreation of my favorite style motorcycle, a cafe bike.
Looks like what I wanted to do with my '75 CB550, but ultimately just couldn't get it to where I wanted it, with what I was working with.
I'm more than envious...
 
This photo was shot on a cruising trip yesterday while taking a rest
before returning home. The weather was luckily dry but not warm, kind of fresh.



Wisedrum
 
Good shots, Fearalls and wisedrum. Gee I like the look of those Alaskan mountains
 
Great pics Tezza, Wisedrum and Ferrealls! :)

Aussieflyer, I'm not a big fan of the cafe racer style, but your bike is absolutely gorgeous. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top