Lord Popgun
Road warrior
respect mah authoritah!!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

So, how did the bike handle on the dirt?EarsOnWheels_imp said:VA Rt.720 over the mountains.
![]()
![]()
![]()
Great picturesEarsOnWheels_imp said:VA Rt.720 over the mountains.
![]()
![]()
![]()
So, how did the bike handle on the dirt? OK, but driving on steeply crowned roads with gravel piled in the center definitely takes more concentration. Can't imagine any Harleys, sport bikes, or even larger-than-CB1100 adventure bikes taking 720. The KLR would have been more at home - like the horses I saw. It was pretty rainy on the other side of the mountain, but slow and steady wins the race. Verdict: totally worth it, but not recommended! It is possible to drive 30 more miles (using 717 - which was glorious) and still get to there in the same amount of time. Now that I've done the short route, I'll try the longer one next time.Inhouse Bob_imp said:So, how did the bike handle on the dirt?EarsOnWheels_imp said:VA Rt.720 over the mountains.
![]()
![]()
![]()

My apologies. Well done. I'm leaving for Phillip Island early Tuesday morning. Grab your camping gear, be here by 7am and you can ride with us.EarsOnWheels_imp said:Thanks for the vote of confidence! I've been carrying the DSLR and keeping an eye out for photo ops. Now to figure out an easy way to get in the pictures myself.
Who has mounted a tripod to their bike?
Better yet - maybe find a travel partner?!


The ferret_imp said:Couple from this morning's ride. Sunny but nippy.
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Oct%2011%202015%20002_zpsxofcstyf.jpg.html]
Nice pics Ferret and Drodg.drodg58_imp said:Here is a picture from New Buffalo Michigan this afternoon in the harbor. Another beautiful day though a tad windy. I got 210 miles in between the two days this weekend.