Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

respect mah authoritah!!
 
VA Rt.720 over the mountains.

4769bd2aa150a285dd3a5456d6b02014.jpg


22d2ebce773ef40a365ca318c12ac7d5.jpg


bd2233bafd668fe10886f94696e296d4.jpg
 
I took a ride up to Lake Michigan and back this morning. We will not have many more beautiful days like this to ride. Anyhow here are two pictures.
 
Yes I should have been working around the house but it was a chance to get a quick 100 miles in so I did it. Your right, the weather in Chicagoland today is beautiful. You can see the lead for my Gerbing on the left side of the bike and I kind of needed it this am as it was a tad chilly. Have a great weekend!
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
VA Rt.720 over the mountains.

4769bd2aa150a285dd3a5456d6b02014.jpg


22d2ebce773ef40a365ca318c12ac7d5.jpg


bd2233bafd668fe10886f94696e296d4.jpg
So, how did the bike handle on the dirt?
So, how did the bike handle on the dirt? OK, but driving on steeply crowned roads with gravel piled in the center definitely takes more concentration. Can't imagine any Harleys, sport bikes, or even larger-than-CB1100 adventure bikes taking 720. The KLR would have been more at home - like the horses I saw. It was pretty rainy on the other side of the mountain, but slow and steady wins the race. Verdict: totally worth it, but not recommended! It is possible to drive 30 more miles (using 717 - which was glorious) and still get to there in the same amount of time. Now that I've done the short route, I'll try the longer one next time.

I'm still up for gravel. The portion of the road in the picture was fine, but there were other portions with more ruts, potholes, and slick rocks. Definitely a fun ride.
 
I've ridden that stretch on the LR and it was fun and not a big challenge but I'm not sure about the CB. Good on you for taking it on!
 
The CB handles adequately on dirt. As Drodg says, take it easy and remember to ride like you are on dirt. "If in doubt, power out", and don't be frightened to use your boots if it starts to go down.

647f669a55824866ffe09dbbaa234f4e.jpg


8b1de792ac23cc0049a227dc68281aba.jpg



Cheers
Drodg, that looks a great ride. Your photos are terrific.

Cheers again
 
drog's last photo and Ptero's first are really cool pics.
 
I think those are photos that I tagged from EarsonWheels. I posted photos also today and though the location was beautiful my pictures leave a lot to be desired. LOL! I am planning on riding LSD tomorrow in Chicago and I will try to take some better photos.
 
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I've been carrying the DSLR and keeping an eye out for photo ops. Now to figure out an easy way to get in the pictures myself.

Who has mounted a tripod to their bike? :)

Better yet - maybe find a travel partner?!
 
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I've been carrying the DSLR and keeping an eye out for photo ops. Now to figure out an easy way to get in the pictures myself.

Who has mounted a tripod to their bike? :)

Better yet - maybe find a travel partner?!
My apologies. Well done. I'm leaving for Phillip Island early Tuesday morning. Grab your camping gear, be here by 7am and you can ride with us. ;)

Cheers
 
Another beautiful day to ride in AZ. I took a loop up to Globe, then along Roosevelt Lake and back. It was 240 miles on the odometer and a very pleasant way to spend the afternoon. It was T-shirt weather all the way and very little traffic

6888e9ec95aed33e364a7ad1bbdb377f.png


Stopped at Roosevelt Dam for a pic

220dff922264df35126dbd95877dfe34.jpeg
 
Wow T shirt weather. Miss that already. 43 degrees here this morning. Last nights ride was a little warmer at 54 degrees. I need a second home someplace warm lol
 
Here is a picture from New Buffalo Michigan this afternoon in the harbor. Another beautiful day though a tad windy. I got 210 miles in between the two days this weekend.
 
Back
Top