Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

hard to take a bad pic of a DLX Ptero
 
I started from home and then I road to downtown Roanoke Va. The picture below is one of Roanoke’s more famous landmarks, the Texas Tavern. You can order “One With” (a hamburger with onions), or a “Hot With” (a hotdog with onions) or a bowl with (Chilly with onions), or the famous Cheesy Western. They are fond of saying “we don’t cash checks nor play with Bumble Bees” (this is one of their more famous posters mounded on the wall inside). Or you may also see the “we seat 1000 people 10 at a time” sign.


The picture below is taken at the foot on Mill Mountain. Go right and you go up Walnut Ave. to the Roanoke Star, from there it is a short ride to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I took the left turn onto Riverland-Rt116 Road. This Riverland road is located where the Roanoke River used to flow. The river was diverted to a new location for better flood control.
[url=http://s651.photobucket.com/user/activedirt/media/IMG_2231_zpskxhd8tod.jpg.html]

About two miles later you should pass this “warning ?”. Continue on Riverland-Rt.116 until it Ts into Rt122.
[url=http://s651.photobucket.com/user/activedirt/media/IMG_2232_zpsxxh0q8to.jpg.html]
Shortly after you turn onto Rt.122 you will pass another landmark. This is a store connected to a popular dairy farm that still home delivers milk in the Roanoke area.
[url=http://s651.photobucket.com/user/activedirt/media/IMG_2235_zpsj9blteq1.jpg.html]

After about 10 minutes on Rt.122 you should come upon Smith Mountain Lake. You will cross over the lake on Hales Ford Bridge. I took a detour and road down to the Smith Mountain Lake State Park.
[url=http://s651.photobucket.com/user/activedirt/media/IMG_2241_zpsa2lghecw.jpg.html]
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Sounds great. Unfortunately I can't see your images (on my iPhone). I could go a bowl with right now.

Cheers
The ferret_imp said:
hard to take a bad pic of a DLX Ptero
Very true. ;).
I moved my pictures from my Onedrive onto PhotoBucket which seemed to resolve the issue with the Jpegs not showing up.

Cheers.
 
The ferret_imp said:
hard to take a bad pic of a DLX Ptero
Respectfully, Ferret, hard to take a bad picture of a CB1100!
 
So true Cormanus. Sometimes I look at some of the pics people post of their 2013s and black 2014s and just think " Man that is a gorgeous bike"
 
Yep. Me too. They're all lovely.
 
eca5c3021ec4164ccf313bec5cb31cb4.jpg


6646d99145b8322c77e03883683af0ed.jpg


0a5ef0ccf9f5d5a2c38471056f33e69f.jpg


Spotted in SE DC. Could be good colors for the bike, no?
 
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
eca5c3021ec4164ccf313bec5cb31cb4.jpg


6646d99145b8322c77e03883683af0ed.jpg


0a5ef0ccf9f5d5a2c38471056f33e69f.jpg


Spotted in SE DC. Could be good colors for the bike, no?
A Morgan, right? I think it's the same model that Peter Sellers drove in "The Party." And it was just parked on the street in DC??
 
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
Just parked on the street! I spotted it from an exit ramp and looped around a few blocks to get to it. :cool:
Looks brand new. I wonder if it might be a kit car? Regardless, it is cool!

Edit... it is a kit, but not a cheap one!
 
Its not a kit, its a Morgan 3 wheeler. The emblem is on the "hood". Check them out and open your wallets... Super 3 - Morgan Motor Company

to stay on a motorcycle topic, it has an S&S engine.
 
Back
Top