Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Just lucky, not fast. And there are many more within 10 mins. Maroubra, Coogee, Tamarama, Bondi, Clovelly. And that's just the south side of Sydney. If you like a beach for swimming, surfing, fishing, bikini-watching, or just paddling with the kids then it doesn't get any better. On the other hand nearest twisties are 45 to an hour away.

Cheers
 
Took a three day tour from Seattle to Mount Rainier, Yakima, Hood River, and Portland. Big Red performed flawlessly, hauling me and Madame Retro and our gear while getting 48 MPG at 70 miles an hour. I got to use the Wolfman tank bag (curiously enough, it works perfectly on the CB1100 when mounted backwards, with the single mount forward and the two mounts aft) for my stuff and Madame got the exclusive use of the top box....

Photos of a glorious Mount Rainier, and Multnomah Falls east of Portland.
 
Gorgeous. The mountains are nice too. So's the bike.
 




Lovely shots RetroSeattle.
 
I love mountains, but I also love the look of those 4 gleaming waterfall head pipes What a great looking motorcycle.
 
The ferret_imp said:
OK from yesterdays ride... my brother and I stopped at a little Dairy Bar and had a bite. We've eaten at this place for years even though it has gone through 3 or 4 owners. The newest owner smokes the pork on premises. Only place I know in Ohio to get "boiled peanuts" (Yuk) and deep fried cauliflower (Yuk again)



Love how this pic turned out. How many CB 1100's are there? lol

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/setp9ride004_zpsc4d778cd.jpg.html]

Two 'yuks' out of three foodstuffs mentioned. Will you be eating there again?

BTW, good picture.
 
Sure..just won't be eating the boiled peanuts or deep fried cauliflower lol. Have you eaten boiled peanuts? Like eating snot covered raisins. If not you will have to try them when you come to the rally,. The south is where they are popular here in the states.
 
I wasn't all that keen before reading your description, Ferret; now I'm sure I'll focus on trying other things! :)
 
Sorry about the lousy food references. How about some nice pics from tonights 94 mile ride.

Found my self 2 counties over and not really lost, but not knowing which way to go exactly. At this intersection was this cool ol' timey church with nothing around it but farm fields



Once I figured out I was no longer directionally confused I took a road I hadn't been on in a while and took a picture of this neat covered bridge no longer in use, which people had to use if they wanted to cross the creek that ran between Bethel and New Hope.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/sept10ride004_zps5dd0f52e.jpg.html]
 
Great pics and don't worry about the food comments....we all have things we like and don't like. Good thing is that you know a place that serves somewhat unusual food...that's always better than the status quo. :)
 
Great spring day here today. Notched up another milestone and photographed a hillock.



 
Yes you can walk in it, but it has guard rail blocking the entrance on both sides to stop vehicle traffic. The eastern end ( to the right in the picture) no longer has an access road, it just dumps out into a farmers field. The new road ( new being relative, probably 30 years old ) is aptly named Bethel-New Hope Road.


What os a hillock? A mountain? Nice pics Cormanus.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yes you can walk in it, but it has guard rail blocking the entrance on both sides to stop vehicle traffic. The eastern end ( to the right in the picture) no longer has an access road, it just dumps out into a farmers field. The new road ( new being relative, probably 30 years old ) is aptly named Bethel-New Hope Road.


What os a hillock? A mountain? Nice pics Cormanus.
Thanks, Ferret.

Forgive me, but this is such a great website— LMGTFY (Warning: not sure this works on mobile devices.)
 
Back
Top