Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Had a nice ride last Friday to the Baltic Sea and finished the first 1000km (and tested the 180 km/h :angel:)

I started with the highway to leave the city but after arriving at the seaside I searched for the smaler streets. It was not the best weather but I loved it



and a little bit later streets became even more interessting for me and my EX



 
itsme67_imp said:
Had a nice ride last Friday to the Baltic Sea and finished the first 1000km (and tested the 180 km/h :angel:)

I started with the highway to leave the city but after arriving at the seaside I searched for the smaler streets. It was not the best weather but I loved it



and a little bit later streets became even more interessting for me and my EX
man your black EX is awesome,but with fork gaiters,awesomer.How is that for a word...:thumbsup:
 
ss2wheels_imp said:
itsme67_imp said:
Had a nice ride last Friday to the Baltic Sea and finished the first 1000km (and tested the 180 km/h :angel:)

I started with the highway to leave the city but after arriving at the seaside I searched for the smaler streets. It was not the best weather but I loved it



and a little bit later streets became even more interessting for me and my EX
man your black EX is awesome,but with fork gaiters,awesomer.How is that for a word...:thumbsup:
Thx man :) In fact I am thinking of fork gaiters. In former days I wanted to have some on my old XBR500 and I think they would fit very well for a CB1100EX. I'll enjoy the bike for a few rides as it is but very likely I’ll get some ... probably as a gift for the first "birthday" of my EX ...:)
 
avsbezzy_imp said:
Nice! Is that in Ohio?
Yes in south west Ohio, about 30-50 miles east of Cincinnati
 
The ferret_imp said:
avsbezzy_imp said:
Nice! Is that in Ohio?
Yes in south west Ohio, about 30-50 miles east of Cincinnati
Yes in south west Ohio, about 30-50 miles east of Cincinnati
Good ride. Google maps tells me that Utopia ("A clue", he shouted) is on route 52, the Ohio River Scenic Byway. Looks interesting riding in that area. Looking at the map my eyes were pulled to the areas further to the east as far as West Virginia. It looks as though some of the roads in the forested areas would make for a good ride and maybe, and it's my special interest, a bit of camping (any bears, or duelling banjos :-/ ?).

Thanks ferret, and cheers.
 
Cormanus, yes that is direction of travel. Here I am heading west on St Rt 52. How scenic it is could be debated. When you have seen truly scenic, this doesn't hardly compare. I guess if you are from the city, it could be considered quite scenic.

I love the looks of the seat, and it sits a little higher and feels thicker. Can't say about comfort because stock seats don't bother me much. I rode my 13 for 9 hours at a time only stopping for gas.After 4 or 5 hours they all feel hard lol.

It is a gentleman's bike and I try not to let it down.

Over 1000 miles now on my 14. Lovin it! well, love everything but that stupid left handlebar switch, Thinking of buying one off a 2013 and installing it. Then the bike would be near perfection for me. Gas mileage was up to 53 mpg on my fill up yesterday.
 
I've heard Top of the Lake is an excellent series, with a Twin Peaks kind of way.

I noticed there's a number of Utopias in the US. Apparently Ohio doesn't have a monopoly on the place.
 
Back
Top