Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

So dang hot in Houston, I almost talked myself out of a morning ride. Glad I didn't, as it was great to clear my head. Stopped by the regional airport, as is my habit, and stumbled across a 3/4 scale P-51 Mustang project. 14 years in the works, and it is on schedule to fly by the end of this year. The craftsmanship was simply outstanding! Hoping to see it fly...

fd5596faf53490639bd07be9f125ec08.jpg

b581b3915d08b5902d5f1b51e04f5537.jpg

40a6a2152af0a4b82f7e901835f91893.jpg

8e680fc7652e8f37708e2b9cbfbbf352.jpg

3f4a6dd038c1201bd72beabf799f9c2b.jpg

4258d2019e8550ddc809a78c1278fb61.jpg
 
DGS, can't see any pictures, I'm afraid.
 
I see em Cormanus although they were a slow load. The first one I could see water, then a mirror and I thought he parked it I a canal, then the bridge showed up lol. That P 51 is uber cool!

Nice pics DG
 
Cormanus_imp said:
DGS, can't see any pictures, I'm afraid.
Good now. I was battling the forum code. When your images are too large, and you need to scale them down for the forum post, you can do so with the IMG tag by adding width and height into the tag manually, when you post. But, I forgot that the numbers cannot exceed a thousand.

In other words, the first example fails, while the second one works...
Code:
[img=1040x585]image url[/img] Code:
[img=900x506]image url[/img]
The ferret_imp said:
I see em Cormanus although they were a slow load. The first one I could see water, then a mirror and I thought he parked it I a canal, then the bridge showed up lol. That P 51 is uber cool!

Nice pics DG
It was unbelievable quality. The engine is a 600 cubic inch, dry sump, fuel injected Chevy that is mounted backward in the aircraft, and then the engine is setup to turn in reverse. A 2:1 reduction mounts to the crank, and turns the prop at half engine speed.
 
See 'em now. Thanks DGS. The P51 is, as said, magnificent.

I have found it easier to reduce the size of photos before sticking them on Photobucket and then the forum. Might try using the code again though.
 
DGS, are the six exhausts per side there to mimic the RR V12 as this Chevy motor is, I assume, a V8. That is a beautiful aircraft. Wish I could be there to see it fly.

Many years ago while working cable repair at Craig Airport in Jacksonville I entered a hangar to access a cable terminal and there in the small hangar was a fully restored P-51 Mustang. It was the first time I'd ever been able to see one up close. It belonged to a wealthy local man who had just acquired it and was gorgeous. If I were a wealthy man it would be the one thing I would have to own. Later that week I watched it take off and what a sound from that Merlin V12.
 
Birds if you blow it up, the first and last exhaust tube appear to just end in air. Blown up it is an ingenious disguise
 
The ferret_imp said:
Birds if you blow it up, the first and last exhaust tube appear to just end in air. Blown up it is an ingenious disguise
Exactly. It was a one piece manifold with tubes 1 and 6 hanging out beyond the length of the cylinder head. With the nose cowl on, you just see six pipes peaking out of the slot. Very convincing.
 
In the alley at school.

23a03c7b4adea38fa27f9155d7a2c4ca.jpg
 
105 miles.. 60 of which were on some of the best twisties this area offers.

(Hmmm my url links to my images are not working.. Bummer)
 
My CB with Mt Rainier in the background.

fd549f11bec190b4bb8e53a64937f190.jpg
 
Just beautiful, kenny. What a lovely shot.
 
In my youth, The Fort movie theater in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin was a rainy day refuge from playing Parcheesi or checkers at our summer house in nearby Whitewater. These intriguing signs still greet you as you enter the town, but many are in disrepair and obscured by widened roads and other such advancements.
8fc624a45b999554900d9eb9c5d3c94c.jpg
 
8af9cdeac609aafe3afa211eeee8152a.jpg


Near Skykomish, WA.


abb9d4689d7315613f123f9200a119db.jpg
 
Back
Top