Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Short Timer_imp said:
b30d1635288256689f30fefeff27c9e2.jpg


e8f375be016f22384a674262dcf6b981.jpg


Just cruisin' the forest preserves on the outskirts of Chicago before dusk, then took a little road along a railroad track back into a more rural neighborhood and found... A Llama! :) on a leash, just lounging in the grass next to the road. She (the Llama) goes by the name of Tu-tu. Some folks like dogs - some like cats, this young lady goes in for more exotic pets!
That photo hurt my brain for a moment, until I realized that was a small mirror stuck onto your larger mirror! Looked like a reflection in one mirror looking back into a reflection in another mirror. Funny how your brain screws with you until it makes sense of what it sees.
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:

That is a WONDERFUL view.
 
Great time for pumpkins and fresh apples here( the home made Amish chocolate was super also). We have had a bunch of very warm weather here so everyone was out riding, made me think about you guys down under , when you guys give the wave do you do it with your right hand? I waved so much today seems to be riding one handed.
[/img]
No I am not trying to start another horse power thread -
[/img]
 
CA200_imp said:
Great time for pumpkins and fresh apples here( the home made Amish chocolate was super also). We have had a bunch of very warm weather here so everyone was out riding, made me think about you guys down under , when you guys give the wave do you do it with your right hand? I waved so much today seems to be riding one handed.
[/img]
No I am not trying to start another horse power thread -
[/img]
Pumpkins and big horses, great photos.

We are versatile here in Oz. Wave with the left, can clutch it and wave with the right (or on decell), but the big one is "The Nod". The Nod is cool. However, best avoided when passing a group ride when it kinda looks like you have some kind of bizarre head tic syndrome. There is, naturally enough, a wave, or nod, pecking order. Red sport bike riders, when knee down at fifty degree lean angles don't wave. Through their chrome iridium visors the merest hint of a raised eyebrow may be detected. "Dirties" give a weary wave of a mud stained glove, the "Don't I look like Mushman look". There are other varieties, however and without deviation, the standouts are the heavily-chromed-cruisers-that-hath-no-name. After receiving the OEM love hate knuckle ink, and prior to being handed the keys, the dealership inserts probes into the frontal lobe which programs "No nod no wave, maintain a fixed straight ahead stare like I'm going to my next meet". CB riders? Well most of us try for the "Son, I've had more bikes than you've had hot dinners" wave. :)

Cheers, and again, nice pumpkins.

Nearly forgot. Learner and Provisional licence holders wave like crazy loons trying to get into the asylum. Which, in fact, they are.
 
The color is coming on in some places here in NE Wisconsin, but you have to know where to go. My wife Laura was game so we put on about 160 miles meandering the back roads through Marinette and Florence counties, which consequently put big smiles on both our faces!



[url=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/MFGUSA/media/IMG_0814_zps20f7ac12.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/MFGUSA/media/florencecounty063_zps8a7c8c7b.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/MFGUSA/media/florencecounty062_zps5603fcca.jpg.html]

I think the real color will be next weekend!
 
^^^^^^. Well done. Not much Autumn colour here in Oz. A little in the southern states but in the main non-deciduous eucalypts. Looking forward to next weekends photos.

Cheers, and thanks for sharing.

PS. Nice coloured bike.
 
Nice CA, nice!

And MFG.. I love the autumn colors. Not here yet. Expected to see more down in Kentucky but they were just starting to turn.
 
Great pics, Pterodactyl. And a good explanation of 'the nod'.

CA200, they look like good pumpkins as well as a couple of nice bikes.

And MFG, I love those autumnal colours. I miss them having moved nearer the tropics. There are those Australians who say, like Napoleon, that the only way to visit our national capital, Canberra, is at the head of an army. There may be some merit in that, but it is well worth a visit in the autumn when it is very beautiful indeed.
 
CB by the sea. A work from home day combined with 75 degree weather and no blistering sun provided ample reason for a spirited solo ride. Ended up back home at the beach with a cold drink and a smile.
35cd1ded9e215cb854bb769bf9e54f7e.jpg
 
Very cool Capo. How did you make it look like a section of old 35 mm film?
 
Awesome pictures Criquibi. I love mountains. That's a serious horse! Lol

What kind of seat is that? It's really different.
 
Back
Top