LED Headlight Upgrade

12milesout_imp said:
Since someone mentioned the Auxito LED bulb, here's a comparison of what I believe to be an OEM bulb (Philips H4 60/55), a Hella H4 100/80, and the Auxito H4 LED. All photos were taken in a span of about 15 minutes, so ambient light didn't change much.

headlight comparison

I don't ride at night all that much, so I haven't been willing to pull the trigger on the motodemic upgrade. I was surprised by how much brighter the Auxito was, and how the Hella didn't seem like all that much of an improvement.

Quite a dramatic difference.

Plug and play?
 
I also used the Auxito, I have posted the exact model that perfectly matches our stock diode placement so that the LED works nearly identical to stock throw and pattern even though its a in a halogen reflector.

Not all LEDs are created equal!

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Can't remember where I posted it so here it is again.

It is motorcycle specific as an upgrade so the Diode matches exactly where the halogen bulbs sat in the bucket so the reflector sends a nearly identical pattern to stock. It also isn't over powered with the build in cooling fan in the back so it will fit inside a motorcycle bucket and not expel too much heat in the enclosed space with plastic and wires.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3342833880...mp;var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
514ad9f4993e2dabfe7873cba4fcc1cb.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
mvk24_imp said:
I also used the Auxito, I have posted the exact model that perfectly matches our stock diode placement so that the LED works nearly identical to stock throw and pattern even though its a in a halogen reflector.

Not all LEDs are created equal!

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Can't remember where I posted it so here it is again.

It is motorcycle specific as an upgrade so the Diode matches exactly where the halogen bulbs sat in the bucket so the reflector sends a nearly identical pattern to stock. It also isn't over powered with the build in cooling fan in the back so it will fit inside a motorcycle bucket and not expel too much heat in the enclosed space with plastic and wires.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3342833880...mp;var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
514ad9f4993e2dabfe7873cba4fcc1cb.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Thanks for this post. Your link to eBay showed one for $12.99 https://www.ebay.com/itm/3342833880...mp;var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Also, eBay showed what seemed to be the same bulb at $7.99 https://www.ebay.com/itm/1262859559...U​XITO&_trksid=p4429486.c101224.m-1

To your experienced eye, are these the same?
 
TooManyBikes_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
I also used the Auxito, I have posted the exact model that perfectly matches our stock diode placement so that the LED works nearly identical to stock throw and pattern even though its a in a halogen reflector.

Not all LEDs are created equal!

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Can't remember where I posted it so here it is again.

It is motorcycle specific as an upgrade so the Diode matches exactly where the halogen bulbs sat in the bucket so the reflector sends a nearly identical pattern to stock. It also isn't over powered with the build in cooling fan in the back so it will fit inside a motorcycle bucket and not expel too much heat in the enclosed space with plastic and wires.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3342833880...mp;var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
514ad9f4993e2dabfe7873cba4fcc1cb.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Thanks for this post. Your link to eBay showed one for $12.99 https://www.ebay.com/itm/3342833880...mp;var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Also, eBay showed what seemed to be the same bulb at $7.99 https://www.ebay.com/itm/1262859559...U​XITO&_trksid=p4429486.c101224.m-1

To your experienced eye, are these the same?
Thanks for this post. Your link to eBay showed one for $12.99 https://www.ebay.com/itm/3342833880...mp;var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Also, eBay showed what seemed to be the same bulb at $7.99 https://www.ebay.com/itm/1262859559...U​XITO&_trksid=p4429486.c101224.m-1

To your experienced eye, are these the same? Looks definitely the same however the 7.99 option in your second link is for 10 interior bulbs. They have the motorcycle 9003 bulb for 19.99 in that listing i'm seeing from your second link though.

d66d725d729cc460466979c7342f1aaa.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Back
Top