Leather gloves for touchscreen

Not sure those gloves would give you a great deal of protection against either the cold or the road.
 
I looked around for something like this and ultimately decided that it wasn't that big of a deal to remove my gloves to use my iPhone. They do make texting gloves that are more substantial than in the picture, though.
 
Hands, among other things, are vulnerable in a lay down, because one of the things involved is the natural tendency to put the hands down to break the fall. The mesh gloves would give your hands little to no protection I am afraid. Take a look at the Scorpion gloves in the attached link, or something similar. The scorpions have touch screen on both index fingers for using your phone, are 3 season gloves, and provide a decent amount of protection for your hands.. I think since you would have to pull over and stop to text, then taking your gloves off to do so would not be an issue. Scorpion EXO SGS MK II Gloves (3XL) - RevZilla
 
Thanks for the replies! I appreciate any and all advise.

i'm just wanting to be able to stop and zoom in or out when I think GPS is taking me the wrong way.

I have both a Garmin nav and Google maps, but Google maps is easier to zoom out and scroll on.

I go exploring or taking back roads to destinations and I'm just trying to be smarter than the computer instead of following it blindly. So I really need to be able to pinch to zoom out and see where I'm at and what options I have. Sometimes it tries to take me down gravel roads...not cool. LOL
 
Banned_imp said:
Wait - you can type on a phone now???
Slow on my flip-phone!
 
offroad, I've got a pair of motorcycle gloves from a company called five and a couple of the fingers will work a smart phone. You can also get tips that stick on, I think. Five's gloves are here https://five-gloves.com/home/. These are the ones I use, https://five-gloves.com/glove/stunt-evo-leather-air/. They are very light weight and not a lot of use in really cold weather. I seem to recall EmptySea and others had something to say about the video. (New Gloves)

Like Houtman and Peter I wouldn't compromise on safety for the sake of ease of smartphone use.
 
Back
Top