Leak at Clutch Fluid Reservoir

Spridal_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hi Group,

Has anyone else experienced a leak at the clutch fluid reservoir? I picked up my bike new from the dealer a couple weeks ago. The bike now has about 250 miles. I noticed the leak yesterday.

Regards.
 
Are you talking about the lid to the clutch reservoir? Did you check the two screws for tightness? Is it dripping? or showing some moisture around the seal? Did you wipe it off and see if it came back?
 
My '13 is good. No leaks, no drips, no moisture around the seal. Do what Ferret said or let the dealer handle it.

The service manual says the cover screw torque is 1.1 ft. pounds. They may just need tightened some.
 
If it is not dripping, you may want to
#1 cover your gas tank with a moving blanket or folded towel
#2 remove screws
#3 take lid off
#4 remove rubber diaphragm
#5 carefully wipe edge of cup with a clean rag
#6 reinstall diaphragm making sure it is not deformed
#7 reinstall lid making sure diaphragm is not pinched
#8 tighten screws
#9 Keep an eye on it

if it is dripping wrap/tape a rag around it, tape a folded rag to gas tank, and return immediately to dealer.
Brake fluid will destroy the paint on the tank.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Are you talking about the lid to the clutch reservoir? Did you check the two screws for tightness? Is it dripping? or showing some moisture around the seal? Did you wipe it off and see if it came back?
I am new to the forum and thought I added a picture with the original post. I am trying again. This is where I noticed the fluid, on the part of the clutch lever that goes under the cylinder when the clutch is squeezed.

I wiped it off and will monitor it.

Thanks Ferret and Popgun!
 
The bushing is greased because it rotates in the lever as you operate the clutch. Or maybe to be more technical, the lever rotates around it. Whatever, that is why it is greased.
 
Back
Top