Latest cheap farkle...

Rebel73_imp

Been there
Thread starter
So I got this idea from one of the other threads and I thought I'd try it out. So far I've only done the one word as a trial run. I want to see how well it holds up. I used an oil-based silver Sharpie.
 
Nice.

I saw some red wheel decal stripes on EBay to match the red accents on my black tank. Will probably order & install since I have no drawing talent.
 
Thread starter
immgunn_imp said:
Nice.

I saw some red wheel decal stripes on EBay to match the red accents on my black tank. Will probably order & install since I have no drawing talent.
Cool, post some pics when you do it. :thumbsup:
 
The other thread got me thinking of doing that too. I bought a white Sharpie paint pen. Just don't know if i'll do it now or wait until spring.
 
Duh... Battleaxe? Lol. ( term has probably gone out of favor)
 
I've done this using 'Tire Paint markers' from a Harley dealership. The Tire Paint holds up well and was only subject to discoloration from road grime. My past experience with using oil based enamels for the job was that they look great for a while, but then the stiff enamel can't hold up against tire flex and the finish gradually flakes off..
I'll be curious to hear how your job holds up.. Looks good though.

Too bad the 'white letter' tire trend died out and Tire manufs stopped offering them like they used to..
 
Back
Top