Flytech99_imp
Running like a top
Well, looks like I’ll standby to see how the JT sprocket works out for you guys.... before taking the plunge, myself! Lol
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
So, should have read before starting. Those bolts are tough to break once the tire is dismounted. Fortunately, I have one of these!Retsel_imp said:Painted the new sprocket black. Pulled the tire. Went to pull the sprocket and saw some interesting retainers on the sprocket bolts. Before I go making a mess of things, I thought I'd ask, is there anything I need to know about removing these? Or, do they just spin off with the nut?
While I'm asking, if anyone has access to the torque setting for these bolds I'd appreciate greatly if you could share them. Thanks!![]()
Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Never mind, found my answer. Should have searched first!
Torque values for sprockets
Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
I went back and forth on painting it. I live less than a mile from the Pacific coast and everything, not painted, rusts. I figured better safe than sorry.PowerDubs_imp said:Let me know how it goes. Mine should arrive some time next week.
Surprised you painted yours black- I am actually happy it is silver as it should be.
Retsel_imp said:I went back and forth on painting it. I live less than a mile from the Pacific coast and everything, not painted, rusts. I figured better safe than sorry.PowerDubs_imp said:Let me know how it goes. Mine should arrive some time next week.
Surprised you painted yours black- I am actually happy it is silver as it should be.
I got-er-done! The bolts on the sprocket threw me a bit. They look like they have a built in retainer? As it turned out they were not an issue. Anyway, it was like trying to remove lugnuts from a tire, that has been removed from the car mounted to the hub! If you don't have an impact driver, do yourself a favor, loosen the sprocket nuts before pulling the tire, as suggested in another post.
I took it for a very short ride between rain showers. Saweeeeeet! I really did not expect much from a 2 tooth increase. I am surprised! She came alive. I love my CB just the way she was but, dang! The difference is amazing. She pulls, out of a curve, like never before. It's like the sweet spot, in her power curve, just moved to where I want to access it the most. Reminds me of my GS750ES back in the 80s!
I did not get her out on the freeway, to see the impact to cursing speeds. I'll try to document "rpm vs mph" through the upper gears. Personally, my driving rarely gets me to 6th gear anyway. I don't expect much impact.
Here is my baby in all her glory! Love em nehked!
![]()
![]()
Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Thanks!Lord Popgun_imp said:Driven sprocket nut 80 ft lbs.
"You can play around on the gearing commander website to see all the effects."PowerDubs_imp said:Those ‘17 airbox covers look better on your bike than they do on a ‘17.![]()
And even black, I like your rear sprocket. The open design is more pleasing to me.
The change in rpm / power is about 5% if I remember correctly.
Enough to feel the accel without being annoyed by the revs.
You can play around on the gearing commander website to see all the effects.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With the new sprocket, you be fly'n over them potholes and da gravel!PowerDubs_imp said:The sprocket just showed up.
Of course I have to work so it will probably not be installed until sometime later this week or weekend.
Fine because I have not had the bike out in several months due to the cold weather, tremendous potholes, gravel etc.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a pretty cool site.PowerDubs_imp said:I don't pay that much attention- but you can see RPM per gear and MPH- and the differences any sprocket changes will make if you go to Gearing Commander - Motorcycle Speed and Drive Train Calculator v7