Larger rear sprocket

Thread starter
I can only think that he is making a joke about the common thought process around here when someone doesn't fit the popular trends.

:)

Scrape pegs? wrong bike.

Rev the engine? wrong bike.

100+mph? wrong bike.

Pop wheelie? wrong bike.

Which after writing that all out- it is funny how many guys (on all brands of bikes) are making them Cafe Racerish in style of seat, lower bars, fairings, etc. But most all for looks alone.
 
Oh I disagree with that one. I find it almost as enjoyable working on my CB as it is riding it. In fact I chose the CB because it looked like it would be easy to work on. And it is. I changed my sprockets and wheels (17”). Nothing wrong with combining old style looks with a little performance in my opinion.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
fab3d6f94e7c5f3c7c3517c6cf0e9441.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
fab3d6f94e7c5f3c7c3517c6cf0e9441.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ordered mine. I too spend little time on freeways at high speeds. I'm thinking this could increase the fun factor a bit around town and on the Old Stage Road twisties south of me? I'll let ya'll know.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
fab3d6f94e7c5f3c7c3517c6cf0e9441.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ordered mine. I too spend little time on freeways at high speeds. I'm thinking this could increase the fun factor a bit around town and on the Old Stage Road twisties south of me? I'll let ya'll know.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Ordered mine. I too spend little time on freeways at high speeds. I'm thinking this could increase the fun factor a bit around town and on the Old Stage Road twisties south of me? I'll let ya'll know.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Both of you are going to 42 teeth, right? Is that from 39 or 40 (or which model bike are you guys installing these on)?
 
Retsel_imp said:
2014 Standard in my case. 40 tooth.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Same as my DLX! Looking forward to a review from you and PowerDubs.

Are you gonna run the stock chain as well?
 
Flytech99_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
2014 Standard in my case. 40 tooth.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Same as my DLX! Looking forward to a review from you and PowerDubs.

Are you gonna run the stock chain as well?
Same as my DLX! Looking forward to a review from you and PowerDubs.

Are you gonna run the stock chain as well? According to what I have read here, stock chain will fit up to 43 teeth.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Calcb_imp said:
I want to do this too...please let us know. I would happily trade some revs for more pull.
Will do but may be a couple of weeks. I have kidney surgery scheduled for this week. Not looking forward to it but, shouldn't be a big deal. As the Spartan said after loosing an eye, "the good lord had the grace to provide me with a spare"!


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I went with the 42 posted above because I read 43 was a tight fit. Too tight of a chain is not good. Has to be some slack to allow proper suspension travel. I still have not installed yet.

If you want 43, or 41- there are factory Honda OEM parts available if that is something you would prefer.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I went with the 42 posted above because I read 43 was a tight fit. Too tight of a chain is not good. Has to be some slack to allow proper suspension travel. I still have not installed yet.

If you want 43, or 41- there are factory Honda OEM parts available if that is something you would prefer.
I think for sprockets, the aftermarket is probably just as good as OEM if the fitment is correct. Since 41 is probably not enough and 43 sounds like it would require more parts, I totally understand going with the 42.

TBH, I think the CB has plenty of power and chasing a few more ponies can get expensive and probably not worth the return. However, I'm with you in saying that a mild change in gearing would be a pretty effective way to take advantage of the CB's mid-range when riding in town.

That being said, I do commute so I'm definitely interested to see what RPMs you turn in 6th at 70 mph. Get that thing installed and let me know!!! :P
 
Thread starter
You may install it before I do. I’m currently shoveling a foot of snow. Let me know if it works. :-)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Dammit!! Not even close to the right size!! Sorry man- the online ‘fits your bike’ is wrong!!

591b2693983177b9cd34334a65212613.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
Well, the good news is you tried it first!

Thanks a bunch.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Counted bolt and holes, 6 holes, 5 bolts. Same as mine so, they shipped what we ordered. Amazon was wrong about fit!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
I sent an email to Samurider, asking if he had a 42 tooth that would fit. Should hear from him tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
If he can figure out the factory part number from a non U.S. 900RR- it had a 42t that would fit. U.S. had a 43t and I can’t find the part # for ROW


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top