Kevins Vetter Fairing Mount

I like he way the mount allows you to keep the oil cooler in the factory spot. I modified a one piece mount and had to move the cooler to the out side of the bracket
 
i have a windjammer SS with lowers that i am about to install - the mount it came with was a cb550 mount but no way to make it fit - after looking around i have a GS1100 mount coming that i think measure out well and should do the job - after living with it for a while - does the weight on the front end effect the bike very much?
 
Thread starter
caddy425_imp said:
i have a windjammer SS with lowers that i am about to install - the mount it came with was a cb550 mount but no way to make it fit - after looking around i have a GS1100 mount coming that i think measure out well and should do the job - after living with it for a while - does the weight on the front end effect the bike very much?

It effects the quickness of the steering a very slight amount. The bonus for me is that it reduces the jarring in the handlebars from bumps. Another bonus is that I have gained a little in mileage.
I to have some lowers for winter use.
I'll put some pics up with the windjammer lll fairing and lowers.
I like the looks without the Vetter graphics.
Kevin



[url=http://s694.photobucket.com/user/husky385/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-06/3B57446F-87C3-4B62-9538-E44BC70751D7.jpg.html]

[url=http://s694.photobucket.com/user/husky385/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-06/31A817A7-0AA8-406B-A7AE-AB0F51BD4984.jpg.html]
 
husky385_imp said:
caddy425_imp said:
i have a windjammer SS with lowers that i am about to install - the mount it came with was a cb550 mount but no way to make it fit - after looking around i have a GS1100 mount coming that i think measure out well and should do the job - after living with it for a while - does the weight on the front end effect the bike very much?

It effects the quickness of the steering a very slight amount. The bonus for me is that it reduces the jarring in the handlebars from bumps. Another bonus is that I have gained a little in mileage.
I to have some lowers for winter use.
I'll put some pics up with the windjammer lll fairing and lowers.
I like the looks without the Vetter graphics.
Kevin



[url=http://s694.photobucket.com/user/husky385/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-06/3B57446F-87C3-4B62-9538-E44BC70751D7.jpg.html]

[url=http://s694.photobucket.com/user/husky385/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-06/31A817A7-0AA8-406B-A7AE-AB0F51BD4984.jpg.html]


It effects the quickness of the steering a very slight amount. The bonus for me is that it reduces the jarring in the handlebars from bumps. Another bonus is that I have gained a little in mileage.
I to have some lowers for winter use.
I'll put some pics up with the windjammer lll fairing and lowers.
I like the looks without the Vetter graphics.
Kevin

[url=http://s694.photobucket.com/user/husky385/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-06/0EFE0319-EF8B-46E8-A3D0-2120F690DA6F.jpg.html]

[url=http://s694.photobucket.com/user/husky385/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-06/3B57446F-87C3-4B62-9538-E44BC70751D7.jpg.html]

[url=http://s694.photobucket.com/user/husky385/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-06/31A817A7-0AA8-406B-A7AE-AB0F51BD4984.jpg.html]
Thanks - that is what i was hoping - last two bikes had full factory bodywork and I have noticed that the bar mounted full size screen moves the bars around - enough to notice - And the Vetter gives me good memories and apparently will do what i want - thanks for the help
 
one last question - did you leave the headlight bucket in place and just cover it over - or did you have to remove the entire front assembly and then rain protect the wiring harness'?

thanks
 
Thread starter
caddy425_imp said:
one last question - did you leave the headlight bucket in place and just cover it over - or did you have to remove the entire front assembly and then rain protect the wiring harness'?

thanks
I completely dismantled the fairing and completely rebuilt it.
It was white when I got it.



I didn't do anything to waterproof the wiring. It pretty much is water proof. I drench it with the hose when I wash it haven't had any trouble yet Everything was plug and play except for the accessory wring and I shrink wrapped it To get twelve volts to the fairing accessories I used the wires from the red or orange (I can't remember what color it was ) connector in the headlight bucket. I left the headlight out on the bike.
Kevin
 
Thread starter
husky385_imp said:

I completely dismantled the fairing and completely rebuilt it.
It was white when I got it.

[url=http://s694.photobucket.com/user/husky385/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-10/D8613895-E6E3-4095-9CC6-70AE10742E84.jpg.html]

I didn't do anything to waterproof the wiring. It pretty much is water proof. I drench it with the hose when I wash it haven't had any trouble yet Everything was plug and play except for the accessory wring and I shrink wrapped it To get twelve volts to the fairing accessories I used the wires from the red or orange (I can't remember what color it was ) connector in the headlight bucket. I left the headlight out on the bike.
Kevin
You can use something like this to cover the bucket if you want.
[url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/79-yamaha-xs11000-vetter-HEADLIGHT-BUCKET-COVER-/371974429292?hash=item569b675a6c:g:vY8AAOSwdzVXsfJ4&vxp=mtr]http://www.ebay.com/itm/79-yamaha-xs1100...J4&vxp=mtr
Kevin
 
Thread starter
Since Photo bucket wants an arm and a leg to post photos on here. I'm going to try Imgur.


Maybe this.


Not what I wanted.
One more try.

c5449ef416ab3f426322d6a3f5308850.jpg
 
Back
Top