Kentucky Kick down 2014

I will be rolling into that area around 10am on the CB. Just a couple hours ride for me. :biker:

Looks interesting.
 
Darn. No chance for me. And I'd have gone just for the Miss KKD event! And the the food trucks. And the Bourbon. And the.......... Aaaaaaargh.

Cheers
 
Its OK. Didn't hear that there was a meeting time or place. It was a good gathering of bikes there.


I'm thinking about getting a personalized plate.
 

Have you seen a better thumb than that!! Pure skill, and partially no-Talent right there

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014005_zpscb8bf14e.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014006_zps823797f3.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014007_zpsaf1ead85.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014008_zpsb717dc01.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014010_zps8aa6b7c3.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014011_zpsbf638e0b.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014012_zps94b4dc36.jpg.html]
Not sure how that would handle with those bars like that

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014013_zps5a985c14.jpg.html]
Pink bike is loaded onto a flatbed side car.


[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014014_zpsefb5c3ad.jpg.html]


[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014015_zps4a5b5cd3.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014016_zps61cecf6d.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014017_zps39ce34d2.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014018_zps5894a500.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014019_zpsdfe63630.jpg.html]
I liked this one, but not my favorite. Really interesting.

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014021_zps8a0f2bec.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014022_zps33df152e.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014023_zps196ff7e5.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014024_zps5f535b7d.jpg.html]
The sun was not being nice for taking pictures.

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014025_zpsc7dff877.jpg.html]
Another interesting one, yes. Still not my favorite
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014027_zps7fba9f20.jpg.html]
He did start this up while I was standing there. Seemed to idle well. Still wonder how it rides.

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014028_zps0ded83c4.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014029_zpsb36060f4.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014030_zpsc3b6aaad.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014031_zps25cffcd4.jpg.html]
Can't imagine how this would corner .. or therefore a lack of

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014032_zps6d65510f.jpg.html]


[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014033_zpsd5ab3f56.jpg.html]


[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014034_zpsc2189e3f.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014035_zps9f100d30.jpg.html]
I liked the look of this one ... maybe my favorite


[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014036_zps76a7e009.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014037_zps03eb0f73.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014038_zps70d08b71.jpg.html]


[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014039_zps4f3b08e0.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014040_zpsea64c6b5.jpg.html]


[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014041_zps143ef7fe.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014042_zps24b06c56.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014043_zpsfd3b405f.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014044_zps4fbd9e91.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014045_zps5fdc8d72.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014047_zps1688f75b.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014048_zps2c7d8102.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014049_zps447813aa.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014050_zps028056ce.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014051_zpsccda14a7.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014052_zps2a8d7d12.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014053_zpsfda47874.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014054_zps86480849.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014055_zps311f7c4b.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014056_zps89d5e305.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014057_zpsd1c4469b.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014058_zpsbde94e07.jpg.html]
I dont know much about these bikes at all. This one had a lot of interesting details about it. Even the way you could adjust the andle of the hand grips.

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014059_zps74ff6305.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014060_zpsb055599a.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014061_zps48884192.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014062_zps4f0bea02.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014063_zps8aa8ff35.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014064_zps3d1f86fd.jpg.html]
 
dUh!_imp said:

Have you seen a better thumb than that!! Pure skill, and partially no-Talent right there

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014005_zpscb8bf14e.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014006_zps823797f3.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014007_zpsaf1ead85.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014008_zpsb717dc01.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014010_zps8aa6b7c3.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014011_zpsbf638e0b.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014012_zps94b4dc36.jpg.html]
Not sure how that would handle with those bars like that

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014013_zps5a985c14.jpg.html]
Pink bike is loaded onto a flatbed side car.


[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014014_zpsefb5c3ad.jpg.html]


[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014015_zps4a5b5cd3.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014016_zps61cecf6d.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014017_zps39ce34d2.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014018_zps5894a500.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014019_zpsdfe63630.jpg.html]
I liked this one, but not my favorite. Really interesting.

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014021_zps8a0f2bec.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014022_zps33df152e.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014023_zps196ff7e5.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014024_zps5f535b7d.jpg.html]
The sun was not being nice for taking pictures.

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014025_zpsc7dff877.jpg.html]
Another interesting one, yes. Still not my favorite
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014027_zps7fba9f20.jpg.html]
He did start this up while I was standing there. Seemed to idle well. Still wonder how it rides.

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014028_zps0ded83c4.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014029_zpsb36060f4.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014030_zpsc3b6aaad.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014031_zps25cffcd4.jpg.html]
Can't imagine how this would corner .. or therefore a lack of

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014032_zps6d65510f.jpg.html]


[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014033_zpsd5ab3f56.jpg.html]


[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014034_zpsc2189e3f.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014035_zps9f100d30.jpg.html]
I liked the look of this one ... maybe my favorite


[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014036_zps76a7e009.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014037_zps03eb0f73.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014038_zps70d08b71.jpg.html]


[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014039_zps4f3b08e0.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014040_zpsea64c6b5.jpg.html]


[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014041_zps143ef7fe.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014042_zps24b06c56.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014043_zpsfd3b405f.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014044_zps4fbd9e91.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014045_zps5fdc8d72.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014047_zps1688f75b.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014048_zps2c7d8102.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014049_zps447813aa.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014050_zps028056ce.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014051_zpsccda14a7.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014052_zps2a8d7d12.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014053_zpsfda47874.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014054_zps86480849.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014055_zps311f7c4b.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014056_zps89d5e305.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014057_zpsd1c4469b.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014058_zpsbde94e07.jpg.html]
I dont know much about these bikes at all. This one had a lot of interesting details about it. Even the way you could adjust the andle of the hand grips.

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014059_zps74ff6305.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014060_zpsb055599a.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014061_zps48884192.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014062_zps4f0bea02.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014063_zps8aa8ff35.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/akiaboy1/media/KentuckyKickDown2014064_zps3d1f86fd.jpg.html]

I see what he did. :D
 
I remember looking at the CHP Kaw. It was rode hard and put up wet. Had 35K on it from what I remember. Amazing they held up as good as they did.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
I remember looking at the CHP Kaw. It was rode hard and put up wet. Had 35K on it from what I remember. Amazing they held up as good as they did.
I've seen them listed on craigslist with over 80,000 on the clock.


Look at the hard bag and tell me what you see. :D
 
You've got me, Randy.

Some great photos, dUh. Thanks for sharing.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
You've got me, Randy.

Some great photos, dUh. Thanks for sharing.
I beleive Randy is referring to the police bike that has been set up to look like one of the bikes from the 70s TV series CHiPs (California Highway Patrol). Not sure if that show ever made it down under, but it was hugely popular here in the States. The "7M4" would indicate that it's Officer Poncherello's bike.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
You've got me, Randy.

Some great photos, dUh. Thanks for sharing.
I beleive Randy is referring to the police bike that has been set up to look like one of the bikes from the 70s TV series CHiPs (California Highway Patrol). Not sure if that show ever made it down under, but it was hugely popular here in the States. The "7M4" would indicate that it's Officer Poncherello's bike.
DING, DING, DING, DING! :biker: :beerchug:
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
I remember looking at the CHP Kaw. It was rode hard and put up wet. Had 35K on it from what I remember. Amazing they held up as good as they did.
It's probably 135K. Most departments would keep them for 80K-100K miles.

That one looks to be a C model from the 70s or early 80, which would make it the correct type for a CHiPs bike. The follow on 1000P (with the fiberglass fairing) was produced for 24 years. For a long time, if you wanted an air cooled, inline 4 liter bike, your only choice was a retired KZ1000P.
 
Back
Top