Kawasaki Z900RS

:clap:

Even with the water cooling, overall I'd say nicely done Kawasaki! A very nice job of blending the old and the new together. I'll be surprised if this one doesn't end up selling fairly well (as far as motorcycle sales in general are going these days).
 
I must say I like the final product much better than the pre-release leaked photos. Much truer retro designs below the tank line than the earlier photos. I would take this over the XSR900 anyday of the week as a retro sport. I doubt I'll make a trade any time soon though.
 
Here's my problem - I won't trade or sell my CB1100 as I just love everything about the bike far too much. I won't sell my Night Train and side car as my special needs daughter loves it (and I have put 110,000km on it for far too may memories).

That leaves my Buell Ulysses but that was purchased in anticipation of my upcoming back surgery (come on Nov 15!!) being a resounding success and being able to ride long distances again so if I sell that I am without a touring bike as the Z900RS and CB1100 fill pretty much the same hole for me.

If I simply add another bike to the garage my wife will kill me not too mention the lack of room.

But the Z is so cool looking!!
 
The Kawi is nice looking in my opinion. If I didn't have the CB1100 I'd have to go down and look at it and possibly take it for a ride. As it stands there's not a chance it could displace the CB in my garage.

bb404e791ee6836931e9bef7c31bbd46.jpg
 
F800GT_imp said:
Bravo Kawasaki for putting the 180/55ZR17 on it.

Honda, 140/70R-18 ... really ?
Ah but the CB11RS already has that "sweet spot" 120/180 17" fr/r tyre sizes. Though I suspect the 17" tyres makes the steering /handling more of a physical activity. I'm comparing my 11RS with my 18" narrow tyred GSXR750 which steers with a lighter feel. Who knows when Kwak bring the Z9 Retro to the states Honda may bring the 11RS to compete ? :biker:
 
Frulk_imp said:
The Kawi is nice looking in my opinion. If I didn't have the CB1100 I'd have to go down and look at it and possibly take it for a ride. As it stands there's not a chance it could displace the CB in my garage.

bb404e791ee6836931e9bef7c31bbd46.jpg
Agree, nice Kawa, as Frulk wrote and would like to see it in real world....but NO change either..... CB stays firmly,,,:thumbsup:
52K:biker:
 
I like the Kawasaki with the exception of the large space between rear tire and the rear fender resulting from the Mono shock design. And where would you put a rear rack? I'm stay'n with my CB!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
I like the Kawasaki, with the exception of the large space between rear tire and the rear fender resulting from the Mono shock design. But where would you put a rear rack? I'm stay'n with my CB!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
I like the Kawasaki with the exception of the large space between rear tire and the rear fender resulting from the Mono shock design. And where would you put a rear rack? I'm stay'n with my CB!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
I like the Kawasaki, with the exception of the large space between rear tire and the rear fender resulting from the Mono shock design. But where would you put a rear rack? I'm stay'n with my CB!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
I love the green, but the 900 on the side cover in 5" lettering is overkill, detracts from the look.

Mono shock design that leaves the tail "floating out there" always look strange to me.
 
DaSwami_imp said:
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Cannot stomach that radiator. Deal breaker.
+1. End of story.
+1. End of story.
I don't mind the radiator. Water cooling. Has to go somewhere and even the long vertical radiators don't look great on the bikes that use them. The sides have been hidden with plastic in the past but I didn't like that either. Air cooled did now allow as much power and engine life. The bike looks shorter than the original and the tank does not seem as long as it should be. Rake is also too steep. That being said, I'd still enjoy it.
 
I knew that Kawasaki ad reminded me of something ...

 
Cormanus_imp said:
I knew that Kawasaki ad reminded me of something ...

I wonder what we all do if we get these three in AUS, CDN, EU and US by spring 2018::CB400 Super Four, CB1100 and CB1300 Super Bol D'or = garage REVOLUTION and brain twist :huh: guaranteed

pb
 
Back
Top