Kawasaki W400

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
Last week I went to a local Honda dealer to buy oil and a filter. The GN4 was very reasonably priced; the OEM filter was ~A$50 so I bought a HiFlo filter for ~$20

None of that is relevant except as background for why I saw this pretty W400 for sale at the dealers.

 
Thread starter
I know. It's outrageous. Last one I bought there was nearer A$20.

Just checked another Australian site and the OEM filter was A$39.95.

Madness.
 
That's a lovely looking W! Kawasaki had the W650 for awhile, then the W800, the W250 and now a 400. This red one leaves no doubt as to the manufacturer. My 2021 blue W800 only has Kawasaki in subtle print on the back edge of the seat. I've had so many ask me what brand it is because the only other indication is a W on the sides of the tank.
 
Ws are nice, good and reliable motorbikes. Had a 650 and ride for more than 14 years a W800 over 82.000km.

When I did a tour a few years ago through South East Europe I met a motorbike rider in Greece who liked my W800. He told me a story about a japanese rider and his W400. This rider travelled often from Asia to Europe back and fourth with his W400. Sometimes together with his wife. His bike has reached over 450.000km and is still running as I was told. Here are a few pictures of this W, of which I didn̈'t know, that W400 once were build.

[attachment=745]

[attachment=746]

[attachment=747]
 

Attachments

  • f11755191t539550p8557838n2_ALNnBdRC.webp
    f11755191t539550p8557838n2_ALNnBdRC.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 32
  • f11755191t539550p8558886n3_kJONWlFg.webp
    f11755191t539550p8558886n3_kJONWlFg.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 31
  • f11755191t539550p8558886n2_EgBotsTK.webp
    f11755191t539550p8558886n2_EgBotsTK.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 31
Thread starter
My CB sometimes looks like the W400 in the top pic! :D
 
You guys in the rest of the world are going to have to stop flaunting your affordable, attractive, plentiful, small displacement retro bikes. Im getting depressed.
 
Cormanus said:
Last week I went to a local Honda dealer to buy oil and a filter. The GN4 was very reasonably priced; the OEM filter was ~A$50 so I bought a HiFlo filter for ~$20

None of that is relevant except as background for why I saw this pretty W400 for sale at the dealers.

I like the look of this bike; it reminds me of a Triumph Bonneville T120.
 
clearviewx said:
Cormanus said:
Last week I went to a local Honda dealer to buy oil and a filter. The GN4 was very reasonably priced; the OEM filter was ~A$50 so I bought a HiFlo filter for ~$20

None of that is relevant except as background for why I saw this pretty W400 for sale at the dealers.

I like the look of this bike; it reminds me of a Triumph Bonneville T120.

Not wanting to go off topic but $50 for a oem Honda filter is highway robbery

15410-mfj-d02 - Google Search
 
Thread starter
That's why I bought an aftermarket one.

By the way that's AU$50 US$33. Either way, highway robbery.
 
Clearviewx said:
Cormanus said:
Last week I went to a local Honda dealer to buy oil and a filter. The GN4 was very reasonably priced; the OEM filter was ~A$50 so I bought a HiFlo filter for ~$20

... 
I like the look of this bike; it reminds me of a Triumph Bonneville T120.

I think every person who has approached me about my w800 asked if it's a Triumph...it doesn't say "Kawasaki" anywhere prominent on the bike, just on the back of the seat.
 
um, please correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that the W400 as well as the W650 and the w800 use shaft drive for the cams?  Darn, why are retro bikes so compelling....
-tdbru
 
Back
Top