The ST1300 doesn't have ABS but the FJR does have combined-ABS.The ferret_imp said:wow I'd love to pick up a 17K mi ST 1300. Probably last me the rest of my life lol
Anything I should look out for on the ST1300?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The ST1300 doesn't have ABS but the FJR does have combined-ABS.The ferret_imp said:wow I'd love to pick up a 17K mi ST 1300. Probably last me the rest of my life lol
The ferret_imp said:No they are pretty much trouble free like all Hondas. The red one are pretty. Hope you get to test ride them. Wait till you try out the electric windshield lol, you will be amazed.
That's why I sold my red 2005, could not take the heat in this climate. Otherwise, an excellent, trouble free bike. Only mods on mine were a lowered contoured seat and Heli-bars for a more upright posture. Honda could have done something about the heat as Yamaha did on the FJ1300 but chose not to.Olyrider_imp said:The ferret_imp said:No they are pretty much trouble free like all Hondas. The red one are pretty. Hope you get to test ride them. Wait till you try out the electric windshield lol, you will be amazed.
I'm partial to the ABS brakes on "my" ST1300. Looked around until I found an excellent used one with ABS. It's a heavy bike. Didn't take too long to find a pristine one ten miles away.
I always caution people looking at the ST1300's that they put out a "lot" of heat around the engine/fairing/fuel tank. A "lot"! That's not a problem in the Seattle area where temps are cooler, but I doubt I would own one in a hotter climate. (They probably "all" put out heat in this class, but I don't have experience with the other models.)
Thanks Kiwikevin. Looks like a great bike for 2 up riding however, my wife is scared to death of motorcycles so I'll be riding solo. I do think I'll like the riding position on adventure touring type bikes.Kiwikevin_imp said:Hi curlyjoe, have a look at these reviews by a chap in the south Island of NZ. He has some great insights to the Versys 1000..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCovPz3wq2F2UzAMs5sUq61w/videos

The 650 is a pretty agile bike and makes respectable power, but for the type of riding you mentioned in the first post, and compared to the bikes you mentioned, it's not going to offer the all-day comfort of the larger machines.curlyjoe_imp said:Thanks Kiwikevin. Looks like a great bike for 2 up riding however, my wife is scared to death of motorcycles so I'll be riding solo. I do think I'll like the riding position on adventure touring type bikes.Kiwikevin_imp said:Hi curlyjoe, have a look at these reviews by a chap in the south Island of NZ. He has some great insights to the Versys 1000..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCovPz3wq2F2UzAMs5sUq61w/videos
I guess the 650 versys is an option but the bike has no centerstand!
Heat produced by the ST may be a problem in hot weather I guess but the CB also is a bit toasty in the 90 degree F weather we've been having.
No, they didn't budge on the price. They were confident it would sell soon from their experience. 17,000 miles seems like very low mileage for an 8 year old machine. I'm sure it will be a great bike especially in cold weather riding.The ferret_imp said:Good deal all the way around. Did they come down on the price some for you? 17,000 miles isn't even broken in. I'm sure you will come to love the ST as I do (and many others) for those longer trips.