Kawasaki h2 for sale....help me resist.

That looks like so much fun!
 
I have family in Covington, but it is still a bit of a drive to Savannah...otherwise...
 
With that mileage, the bottom end should be sound.
2 cycles are so easy to work on!
Simple slide type carbs.
Looks very clean.

Oh, wait, were we supposed to dissuade you?!
 
Thread starter
Capo_imp said:
That guy is either faking it or clueless. If it's the latter, go buy it.
i'm too naive to know the difference. the start of this quest was so that I could have a second old bike to work on and "learn how to wrench" i fell upon the H2 because people suggested i go with a 2 stroke, and I really like the power they pack into a small package. This is just PERFECT. if he's faking it, what should I watch out for?
 
1. Carbs need cleaning...already noted
2. Look inside tank for crud, but I would not have the heart to offer less
3. All new fluids would be expected and likely new rubber
4. Check oil injection output before running the engine more than a few seconds...or run pre-mix in the tank until you check.

Kawasaki H2 750 Road Test - Classic Motorbikes
 
MrP, normally I’d try to be obliging and talk you out of it by telling you what a lethal package the H1 is, how you can’t keep the front wheel on the ground, blah, blah, blah. But ... you want to practice wrenching, and you want to do it on something fun, and $1500? Give the man a cheque (sorry, check).
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
MrP, normally I’d try to be obliging and talk you out of it by telling you what a lethal package the H1 is, how you can’t keep the front wheel on the ground, blah, blah, blah. But ... you want to practice wrenching, and you want to do it on something fun, and $1500? Give the man a cheque (sorry, check).
i think this one is an h2 actually...the more powerful version.

HAH. I'm gonna die...:rofl:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
MrP, normally I’d try to be obliging and talk you out of it by telling you what a lethal package the H1 is, how you can’t keep the front wheel on the ground, blah, blah, blah. But ... you want to practice wrenching, and you want to do it on something fun, and $1500? Give the man a cheque (sorry, check).
You are no more helpful than I!
 
Well, keep us posted
 
use2b_imp said:
I would buy that in a heart beat , but they are too scary to ride.
Resale could go - $8 K
Just be sure to lean far forward when leaving the line!
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Capo_imp said:
That guy is either faking it or clueless. If it's the latter, go buy it.
i'm too naive to know the difference. the start of this quest was so that I could have a second old bike to work on and "learn how to wrench" i fell upon the H2 because people suggested i go with a 2 stroke, and I really like the power they pack into a small package. This is just PERFECT. if he's faking it, what should I watch out for?
i'm too naive to know the difference. the start of this quest was so that I could have a second old bike to work on and "learn how to wrench" i fell upon the H2 because people suggested i go with a 2 stroke, and I really like the power they pack into a small package. This is just PERFECT. if he's faking it, what should I watch out for?

Well, as that bike sits, even if it needs work, it’s worth $10k or more. So, either it’s a scam, or the dude just doesn’t know. You have to see the bike, not fall for PayPal scams, etc. I’d buy it in a minute.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
If this is a legitimate sale... buy it! $1500 is a steal. You could do the necessary maintenance and keep it or sell it for $8-10,000. If the VIN shows it’s an early production; $12-20,000 is what they’re selling for.

Good luck!
 
Back
Top