K&H vintage leather

bix_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
This was totally worth the wait (4 weeks). It's the K&H Low Double Tuck Roll B2 done in all brown. The craftsmanship is outstanding. Got it from Samurider: http://www.samurider.com/?p=13120/#itemImage

adbca3269c40b2e46121397254cf002c.


7114809511324a47bb78b1247fd91a58.
 
Well, I assume this group can take differing opinions so I’ll just go ahead and say it - that seat is in my view ugly. It looks well made, and I can see why you are happy, but the color just turns my stomach. M/C seats are meant to be black.

I'm a traditionalist - that's why I bought a CB1100.

Sorry,

Mike
 
Flashman_imp said:
Well, I assume this group can take differing opinions so I’ll just go ahead and say it - that seat is in my view ugly. It looks well made, and I can see why you are happy, but the color just turns my stomach. M/C seats are meant to be black.

I'm a traditionalist - that's why I bought a CB1100.

Sorry,

Mike
They used to say the same about bicycle seats, now many of them even come in white, I think its good to have different tastes.
 
Welllll,

I like the shape, but not the color. I'd get it in black.

I like the small turn signals!
 
I just got a brown seat too!! what was the color code on that?! was it SP-02?!! thats the color i got in low as well! How does it feel?! sorry lotsa questions but Im soooooo excited for mine now!

its gonna go great with my root beer powder coated wheels!!
 
bix -

Not my tastes but very distinctive. Black, red, brown and lovely turn signals.

Glad to see folks are getting K&H seats. Takashi (Samurider) said the more you use a K&H seat, the more it fits your body.
 
yea i just checked, I paid for the real leather i guess. the color SP-02. so i am real curious now what color you bought because
, again, that is a swanky seat man! why'd you nix the cafe seat? or did you get both for a change up every now and then?
 
I like the brown, (my Griso SE in tenni green with brown seat is da bomb) but I think this bike needs red side covers to help pull it off. Black would be a better choice; if it was my money. Or paint the bike in flat tenni green. :)

Still, damn fine looking seat.
 
bix_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
bix, what are you using to take these great photos
Just my little Olympus point-and-shoot. Turns out the natural light coming into my garage has some spectacular qualities (that I hadn't noticed before taking pictures there).
silascopathic_imp said:
bix_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
yea i just checked, I paid for the real leather i guess. the color SP-02. so i am real curious now what color you bought because
, again, that is a swanky seat man! why'd you nix the cafe seat? or did you get both for a change up every now and then?
Yep, keeping the seat cowl. It's nice to be able to swap it and completely change the whole look of the bike.

EDIT: The color I got is Brown C-34 (perhaps not leather?). SP-02 looks like it might be the leather upgrade on this chart (not the right brown for my tastes): Home - KandH
Yep, keeping the seat cowl. It's nice to be able to swap it and completely change the whole look of the bike.

EDIT: The color I got is Brown C-34 (perhaps not leather?). SP-02 looks like it might be the leather upgrade on this chart (not the right brown for my tastes): Home - KandH

Well I will see what it looks like when it comes in! the website makes it very hard to tell what the leather looks like. your seat is awesome! how tall are you? is the low seat comfortable?!


i almost went with c-34... obviously pictures to come. :)
5'11". Need to do longer rides to see how it feels on my knees and hips (just about to hit 600 miles), but for the 30-45 min trips I do everything feels super comfortable.
Just my little Olympus point-and-shoot. Turns out the natural light coming into my garage has some spectacular qualities (that I hadn't noticed before taking pictures there).
silascopathic_imp said:
bix_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
yea i just checked, I paid for the real leather i guess. the color SP-02. so i am real curious now what color you bought because
, again, that is a swanky seat man! why'd you nix the cafe seat? or did you get both for a change up every now and then?
Yep, keeping the seat cowl. It's nice to be able to swap it and completely change the whole look of the bike.

EDIT: The color I got is Brown C-34 (perhaps not leather?). SP-02 looks like it might be the leather upgrade on this chart (not the right brown for my tastes): Home - KandH
Yep, keeping the seat cowl. It's nice to be able to swap it and completely change the whole look of the bike.

EDIT: The color I got is Brown C-34 (perhaps not leather?). SP-02 looks like it might be the leather upgrade on this chart (not the right brown for my tastes): Home - KandH

Well I will see what it looks like when it comes in! the website makes it very hard to tell what the leather looks like. your seat is awesome! how tall are you? is the low seat comfortable?!


i almost went with c-34... obviously pictures to come. :)
5'11". Need to do longer rides to see how it feels on my knees and hips (just about to hit 600 miles), but for the 30-45 min trips I do everything feels super comfortable.

that's awesome! your pictures look great!! I am 5'9" and am hping that this low seat is the answer! I want to feel more like i'm sitting in the bike rather than on it.

its gonna be hard to wait a month!!!!!
 
Thread starter
CBMike_imp said:
That seat is absolutely beautiful. What turn signals are those?
Thx CBMike! Those are "Posh Classical" turn signals. http://www.samurider.com/?p=13252/#itemImage

They come with all the necessary wiring. It was gratifying to use the Honda service manual to properly replace signals without cutting and soldering, leaving the stock turn signals (and their connectors) completely intact. The centers of front mounts needed to be drilled out slightly to accommodate the threaded shaft of the turn signal. This doesn't affect the part of the mount the stock signals use.
 
Thread starter
Thx! Keeping the solo seat. Easy way to change the look of the bike. ;)

Yes, this is totally your taillight mod. Worked like a charm.
3c7633d6b3d0ee789c0338191509d7db.
 
HondaJon_imp said:
I'm not big on tan, but that seat on a black CB with the gold wheels, that would be pretty sweet.
+1

While brown seats on bikes are not to my taste, it's all about getting the color combination right.
 
Before I knew that red would be the only color offered in the US I was planning on buying the white one. I did this render to see how a natural leather seat would look.


Then I found this on a Japanese blog.
 
Top one looks better. A buddy has the white Griso (the white is very similar to the pearlesent white the Turbo used) but it has a black seat. I put my brown seat on it and boy did it gel. Especially after he put on some red graphite bling. The leather looking seat just made the whole thing pop. If Honda had brought over the white tank a brown seat would have pushed their sales through the roof.

And I like red. But that combo is a woody maker. :)
 
bix, I like your new seat.
Before this forum was alive, I had posted on advrider that I would love to have a natural leather seat on my 11. Got chastised big-time!!!!!
(You know who you are!:D )
Was accused of drinking more than coffee. Hehehe. ;)
To each his own, but I would STILL love to have a natural leather seat on my 11. Good for you, bix. I'm thinking it looks even better in person than it does in the pics.
Jim
 
Back
Top