K&H Tall Seat

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Several others on this forum (Jolla, Ack-CB11) have purchased K&H seats. K&H is puportedly the top-of-the line seat maker in Japan and has a wide selection. I got my seat today!

This is a TALL seat – a substantial 28mm higher than the stock US seat.

Expensive? Yes, $620 with the red piping.

Long Wait? I got mine exactly 30 days from order placement to delivery for a semi-custom hand made seat. I think Ack-CB11 got his in 3 weeks!

Worth the Money? Too early to tell on long distance comfort but build quality is near breathtaking. Exceptional materials. For instance the stock seat has a plastic base but the K&H seat has gleaming black metal one.

Easy to Install? It’s a much tigher fit that the stock seat and absolutely rock solid.

Comfortable? Again, too soon to tell. It’s a bit firmer than the stock seat but easier to reposition yourself and no sliding forward. The extra leg room is readily apparent and very much welcomed. That alone will make a big difference for me.

When I stared up my dirt driveway for the first time with the new seat, I felt like I was a mile off the ground and was somewhat less comfortable negotiating the rocks and deep ruts. Ten miles later and the higher seating position was forgotten. It’s true you have a higher center of gravity with this seat, but I didn’t notice it a bit, even when pushing things.

If you are long legged and looking for a little more ridding room, consider the K&H seat, available from CB1100 | Samurider.com

I bet Takashi will even throw in a couple full color CB1100 catalogs like he did with my seat.

7ac970d7196d55e2acf1f05e5cda8627.jpg


4bc6c7049fc0b3d71db23053698e65e5.jpg

 
That's a really good looking seat. Hope it is as comfortable as it looks.
 
silascopathic_imp said:
nice man!!! I am planning on going the opposite way and getting the super low version. That seat looks awesome! thanks for sharing
I've got the low version on order, still waiting for it to ship though.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
You beat me to it CB4ME!

I installed my K&H tall seat last night took a zillion photos, then took it out for a 40 min ride this morning. I'll add my photos and thoughts to this thread tomorrow, but you seem to have covered most of what I noticed.
 
The seat looks great, and I'm also interested in more legroom, so I may buy that one. I bought a Cozy Seat, but accidentally ordered the shorter seat, which is the same height as our OEM seats.

The link you provided to the samurider site is for the entire contents of CB11 goodies. Can you please post the exact part number for that seat you bought? Thanks, John.
 
thumper_imp said:
The seat looks great, and I'm also interested in more legroom, so I may buy that one. I bought a Cozy Seat, but accidentally ordered the shorter seat, which is the same height as our OEM seats.

The link you provided to the samurider site is for the entire contents of CB11 goodies. Can you please post the exact part number for that seat you bought? Thanks, John.
http://www.samurider.com/?p=13103/#itemImage

That's the seat he ordered. I also ordered the same one. The tandem grip strap is extra. Color leather, piping or colored stitching is extra as well.
 
Thread starter
Joola,

Takashi threw in the tandem grip for free as well as the Japanese Honda CB1100 model and accessories catalogs.

I'm anxious to see your bike with the new seat and get some ride feedback. I'm also anxious to see how my wife will like the ride. She's going to be close to 1.5" higher and may take a few miles to get used to the new view.

The K&H seat style gives the bike a decidedly more retro look. I've been doing double-takes since putting it on.
 
The following are my impressions of the KandH Hi seat I purchased from samurider.com on June 22nd. The seat arrived on July 24th.

Model: HI Double Sheet B Tuck 2 (S-1102BT2)
Standard black leather, tandem strap, red stitching on all lines.

Cost: $700 (shipped)
It's a very expensive seat, but you're paying for high quality materials assembled entirely by the hands of skilled laborers in a first world nation. I'm experiencing zero buyer's remorse

Quality: Exceptional
I can't find anything about the build quality of the seat that I dislike. High quality leather, stiching is perfect...The attention to detail, even on the underside of the seat is second to none. The seat fits more securely to the bike than the stock seat. There's a steel tounge in the front and a metal hook in the back, that's it. I had no problem attaching and removing the seat with my tandem grip installed. This was a little trickier with the stock seat.

Comfort: Excellent
The seat feels slightly more firm than the stock seat but is more comfortable to my sit bones since it's slightly wider. After a 2 hour ride, I have no fatigue in my rear. I didn't feel like I was sliding forward at all. My tailbone used to be sore post-ride but I feel none of that pain after today's ride. The increased height of the seat is welcomed. I was nervous it would be too much of an increase but I'm still able to plant both feet flat on the ground when wearing my boots (i have a 32" inseam). The elevated position relaxes the bend in my knees slightly as well. I feel as though my legs are resting against the tank in a more natural position.

Appearance: Retro cool
The seat compliments the retro styling of the CB1100 very well. It doesn't look out of place and fits the shape of the bike just the way it should. The red stitching is slightly darker than the tank but the difference doesn't stand out that much.

Below are a few photos. [url=https://picasaweb.google.com/108401826421546439460/CB1100Photos?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJTo1LaBhYrAcQ&feat=directlink]Here's a link to the album with full-size photos.








 
CB4ME & Joola: Thank you so much for posting the results of your new seat purchase. I have been eying this seat among others. Seems like the additional height and width provides a greater level of comfort over the stock seat. Great retro look to the bike.

Wonder if you could get the seat customized without the K&H log on the back to add the Honda seat logo?

Appreciate all the pictures Joola!! Very helpful for my potential buying decision! Thanks!
 
Thread starter
Joola - excellent, excellent review.

I really like the red stitching! A very nice touch. Rich but subtle.

I did 2 hours on the seat today. Again it felt firm and I wondered what it would feel like later.

Before the change, the stock seat would slowly start to inject itself into the ride after about an hour. That didn't happen and I enjoyed every minute, even a 1 mile jaunt cross-county on a power line construction road.
 
Man, that is a great looking seat!
 
awesome seats boys! i am ordering mine from takashi this week! i think you all will like what i order very much.

question:

How tall are you guys that have the high seats? I am 5'9" and i am thinking that i want the lo seat so my feet can solidly touch the ground .
 
silascopathic_imp said:
awesome seats boys! i am ordering mine from takashi this week! i think you all will like what i order very much.

question:

How tall are you guys that have the high seats? I am 5'9" and i am thinking that i want the lo seat so my feet can solidly touch the ground .
I'm 6' tall with a 32" inseam. Your feet will not be flat on the ground with the high seat. The Mid seat is almost the same as the stock seat. That or the low seat are your best bets.
 
Thread starter
silascopathic_imp said:
awesome seats boys! i am ordering mine from takashi this week! i think you all will like what i order very much.

question:

How tall are you guys that have the high seats? I am 5'9" and i am thinking that i want the lo seat so my feet can solidly touch the ground .
Same height/inseam as Joola. With boots, my feet are flat on ground with a slight knee bend.

Make sure to take post a lot of pictures of the low seat.
 
That's a great looking seat and is a perfect complement for the bike. Can you tell me if it's waterproof?

The last seat I owned with a nice tuck and roll was a Corin and, when it got wet, it held water in the foam padding for many many days, NOT good and don't want to make that mistake again?

Regards, Paul
 
Thread starter
If we go out today, the bike will need to be cleaned (heavy rain last night). I'm pretty sure the K&H seats shed water as good as the stock seat, despite all the seams, but a wash down will be a good test.
 
Back
Top