cookiemech
Running like a top
Thread starter
I used the Search feature, to no avail . . . Think I will want to install a higher seat on my 2017 EX, and looking at the Samurider website, it is not at all apparent that they have offerings for the 2017 EX. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new (seamless) tank has only been offered for 2017-up bikes.
I have no problem paying a lot for a higher, well-made seat, but if it rubs the tank or is in any way not perfect, then no. Having a stock seat reworked would be fine, but I won't chop up my original seat, and given that the stock seat is (I think) new for 2017, there won't be any takeoff seats available for a while.
The K&H seats for the earlier models look terrific from all the photos I've seen; they look as though they belong on the bike (near-stock appearance), rather than the "customized" look of the Corbin seats. I like the way the bike looks stock and will only make necessary modifications for comfort.
I have no problem paying a lot for a higher, well-made seat, but if it rubs the tank or is in any way not perfect, then no. Having a stock seat reworked would be fine, but I won't chop up my original seat, and given that the stock seat is (I think) new for 2017, there won't be any takeoff seats available for a while.
The K&H seats for the earlier models look terrific from all the photos I've seen; they look as though they belong on the bike (near-stock appearance), rather than the "customized" look of the Corbin seats. I like the way the bike looks stock and will only make necessary modifications for comfort.