Just jokes

bioman_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
In today's worldwide situation, we should try to stay positive and smile about anything that makes us smile. I thought it would be nice to start a Joke thread. Non-offensive, good-hearted jokes that make us feel better.

Here is one, for the older guys on this forum:

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen. The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. . . I would recommend it very highly.' The other man said, 'What is the name of the restaurant?' The first man thought and thought and finally said, 'What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love? You know... The one that's red and has thorns.' 'Do you mean a rose?' 'Yes, that's the one,' replied the man. He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled, 'Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?'
 
I remember back in the day I got a set of Continentals on a XS750 Yamaha and thought I was THE MAN! They were nice though.
 
Bioman, I'm truly sorry, but this thread is not going to happen. It's been tried before and ended in tears and personal inconvenience to the owner and the moderator at the time. In the lengthy discussion on the subject of the forum's boundaries in this thread in 2014 the owner had the following to say. I've edited it for brevity, but click on the green arrow if you want to see the context.

Guth_imp said:
Ridem32_imp said:
You've got it right that we try to keep the conversation focused on the CB1100 specifically and motorcycling in general. However, it shouldn't be that hard to understand that when someone raises a question regarding the forum itself that a discussion will follow.

I can tell you that for what is primarily a bunch of grown men, even with the small amount of leeway that is granted here when it comes to things like humor, etc., there have been quite a few hurt feelings around this place since it's been in existence. People take things far more personally than I would have ever imagined. If we start letting the conversation stray too far from our core focus (yes Ridem, that means the CB1100 and motorcycling) then we'll inevitably have more put out people who need to be consoled or who would rather make a general nuisance of themselves resulting in moderation — frankly neither of those scenarios appeal to me as I've got better things to do with my time.
You'll just have to find a way to be funny while discussing the CB1100 or other motorcycles.

Note: I'd be happy to be over-ruled by Guth or Ferret on this decision if they feel times have changed and we relax the rules a bit.
 
Back
Top