Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That is great. I am very very interested in this. Please update about the handling, suspension, anything related. I am headed in this direction. What wheels did you use and what fit issues did you have if any?rmack_imp said:front 3 1/2 x 17 rear 5 1/2 x 17 and rear 320 mill discs and anreani cartridge inserts
weight saving is approx 5 kilos
handling is superb



Spot on beardy, weight is this bikes enemy when it comes to performance that and its ability to turn in and change direction mid corner both i have addressed to my satisfactionbeardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:Ace! That's a bit tasty!! I'm al dente... Come on, full details... Or have you posted it before? Dead clever.
I've been toying with the idea of a sports version of the CB for a while. Weight saving I've found to be the best thing for the bike.
hey thats true re the divorce so will take your advicebeardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:Thanks Rmack, that's a lovely list. Those Over swing arms are very tempting. But with the pound where it is right now, Japanese parts have gone from painful to just un-thinkable. Half the weight tho!
I totally get where your coming from, my bike has been transformed since it shed a load of weight. It's almost flickable, who'd have thought it.
Thanks for the details, it's given me a few ideas for round two of the CB's diet...
How do you like the Andreani fork Cartridges?
Dodge that divorce... Cost a whole lot more than Japanese bling ;-)
hey thats true re the divorce so will take your advicermack_imp said:hey thats true re the divorce so will take your advicebeardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:Thanks Rmack, that's a lovely list. Those Over swing arms are very tempting. But with the pound where it is right now, Japanese parts have gone from painful to just un-thinkable. Half the weight tho!
I totally get where your coming from, my bike has been transformed since it shed a load of weight. It's almost flickable, who'd have thought it.
Thanks for the details, it's given me a few ideas for round two of the CB's diet...
How do you like the Andreani fork Cartridges?
Dodge that divorce... Cost a whole lot more than Japanese bling ;-)
the cartridges are worth the dough tried racetech emulators whilst good value for what they cost just not enough for the end result i was chasing but with the cartridges more then i had hoped for
yep the yen is not great ,missed the boat there as when i first got the cb the price landed here for the swingarm was 1450 aud
try 12mm drop on the front forks and 20 to 25 up on the rear providing you have decent shocks and some improvement on the forks it transforms the way the bike tips in etc have spent a lot of time with many different combos
No problem with clearance im using the original swing arm , chain gaurd bracket will need a slight tweakchync_imp said:Curious if you think the 5.5 inch rear wheel would have had clearance with the standard swingarm. I'm thinking of switching to 17" wheels as well.
hey thats true re the divorce so will take your advicebeardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:hey thats true re the divorce so will take your advicermack_imp said:hey thats true re the divorce so will take your advicebeardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:Thanks Rmack, that's a lovely list. Those Over swing arms are very tempting. But with the pound where it is right now, Japanese parts have gone from painful to just un-thinkable. Half the weight tho!
I totally get where your coming from, my bike has been transformed since it shed a load of weight. It's almost flickable, who'd have thought it.
Thanks for the details, it's given me a few ideas for round two of the CB's diet...
How do you like the Andreani fork Cartridges?
Dodge that divorce... Cost a whole lot more than Japanese bling ;-)
the cartridges are worth the dough tried racetech emulators whilst good value for what they cost just not enough for the end result i was chasing but with the cartridges more then i had hoped for
yep the yen is not great ,missed the boat there as when i first got the cb the price landed here for the swingarm was 1450 aud
try 12mm drop on the front forks and 20 to 25 up on the rear providing you have decent shocks and some improvement on the forks it transforms the way the bike tips in etc have spent a lot of time with many different combos
the cartridges are worth the dough tried racetech emulators whilst good value for what they cost just not enough for the end result i was chasing but with the cartridges more then i had hoped for
yep the yen is not great ,missed the boat there as when i first got the cb the price landed here for the swingarm was 1450 aud
try 12mm drop on the front forks and 20 to 25 up on the rear providing you have decent shocks and some improvement on the forks it transforms the way the bike tips in etc have spent a lot of time with many different combos
I dropped 12mm down on the forks and on the brief ride after, I reckon your right. Feels more nimble and wants to turn. I'll give it a proper run in time...
I checked out those andreani cartridge kits, they are still a pretty penny, even tho. they are european. If my boat comes in or I need to strip the forks at any point in the future then I'll consider it. I did say I wouldn't throw a load of money at a bike again.... but then who am I kidding.
Confident that its lost 30 kgs have weight for front need someone to help lift rear onto scales will let you knowchync_imp said:How much weight have you been able to take off the bike with your mods?
And are you racing it or just having fun?