Japanese motorcycles hate

As a previous poster said most of the folks that make a big deal of the brand don't have many miles or years riding on their posterior. For real bike people all that matters is that you're on two wheels. All those who are super brand conscious really aren't true bike people just posers.
 
T30_imp said:
As a previous poster said most of the folks that make a big deal of the brand don't have many miles or years riding on their posterior. For real bike people all that matters is that you're on two wheels. All those who are super brand conscious really aren't true bike people just posers.
well stated T30.....
 
Hatred of the Japanese bikes is nothing but disconnect from reality. When the Japanese came to popularity in the '60s and early '70s (yeah, I was riding back then) the European and American companies were in rapid decline in quality and development and unless you were part mechanic and total devotee you didn't ride much.
Tools and spare parts were required for even modest trips. The Jap bikes made quantum leaps ahead of the established makers. What could out run and out handle a classic British 650? A Jap 450. American big twins were all the rage and yet complete rebuilds at 25 and 30 thousand miles were common. A friend was the son of an HD dealer back then and a huge part of the business was overhauling the cities fleet of HD police bikes.
I learned to ride on Sportsters and Bonnievilles of the era. and even had a few Ducati and a Guzzi back then. The coming of the UMJ 4 cylinder was sea change in the sport. The improvement in over all performance was staggering. "Hate Japanese bikes"? We might not haveva modern motorcycle community without them.
 
I have a hatred for lots of imports like Ducati and BMWS. I hate the fact that they cost so much, lol. I also hate that my wife would not be happy if I got a third and possible fourth bike and I hate that I don't have a larger garage.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
I've realized I must be a rare breed in the biker world for 2 reasons.

1) I love ALL bikes, in my mind if you ride 2-wheels you're cool and worthy of respect. I wave to everyone, even scooters haha! I've stopped to help bikers riding all brands on the side of the road!

2) I've never experienced any real first hand brand-bashing to my face, aside from good-natured ribbing from friends. And I know how to dish that out as well as I can take it - it was never one-sided :)

I hear stories about how a grizzly ol' Harley rider asked a Honda owner when they were getting a "real" bike - but I've never seen that first hand.

I have heard all the good jokes though: I'd rather push a Harley than ride a Honda. I'd rather have my sister in a brothel than my brother on a Honda, etc, etc....I LOVE those!


My personal observation: I've owned Honda, Kawi, Yamaha, Harley Davidson and now a Suzuki. Everyone thinks their personal favorite brand is best, and a lot get their ego & self worth tied up in the brand they ride - very bizarre to me.

I'm in a bike group here in CLT with 1500 members, the amount of interbrand smack talk between the Big 4 is as bad (if not worse) as the Japanese vs American stuff you always hear about!
almost forgot - I may own a Suzuki but I bleed HONDA Red for sure. Honda always has a special place in my heart, I will always be a Honda guy at my core.
 
These brand guys that don't ride much need to get a load of this guy. He's a real bike guy, my hero. Detroit MI - New Orleans, LA - Key West, FL and back. A total of 4,000 miles with gear on a tiny Honda Groome. And he's relatively tall making this more challenging .

4000 miles with a Honda Grom 125
 
T30_imp said:
These brand guys that don't ride much need to get a load of this guy. He's a real bike guy, my hero. Detroit MI - New Orleans, LA - Key West, FL and back. A total of 4,000 miles with gear on a tiny Honda Groome. And he's relatively tall making this more challenging .

4000 miles with a Honda Grom 125
I don't know if this is a stunt or not, but sometimes you just ride what you have. I rode an XL600R from Prince Rupert through BC, to Seattle and then on to Los Angeles years ago. Very lonely country, the bike was kick-start only and I was having problems with it and it rained almost the entire way. Not a touring bike but it was all I had. Great trip, cannot imagine doing that now.

I really hope that before I cannot ride any more I can get back to that kind of riding but too many responsibilities close to home now, much work.
 
T30_imp said:
These brand guys that don't ride much need to get a load of this guy. He's a real bike guy, my hero. Detroit MI - New Orleans, LA - Key West, FL and back. A total of 4,000 miles with gear on a tiny Honda Groome. And he's relatively tall making this more challenging .

4000 miles with a Honda Grom 125
Not my idea of fun, but whatever floats your boat. Had to be an adventure thats for sure
 
I like everything that is somewhat functional, no matter what the brand. Do not like raked out choppers for show or big boss hogs or stretched out crotch rockets. Just don't see the purpose other that show. If other people own them then they are nice to look at but I need function and looks all together. I can find at least one bike I like from each of the big manufacturers.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
I don't have time to read all 8 pages here, so I hope the thread hasn't turned into a Harley bashing one. Not that I really ever see that around here which is one of the reasons I still chime in from time to time after 3 + 1/2 years. Good people HERE. That being said, I've owned my Harley for over 12 years and had one prior to that one. I'm a HOG member, go to bike week periodically, and even attended a few HOG rally's. I've NEVER heard anyone ever say anything negative about a Japanese bike. I remember that 'years' ago when I was a kid riding a Japanese bike or 'rice burner' as I remember the term. But not anymore... at least in the circles I travel in. I've taken my CB (and my KLR) to many Harley dealers as well as bike nights or events where typical Harley riders tend to hang out. I always get compliments on both bikes... and a few comments like... 'how old is that bike? That is a great restoration'. And one time a Harley guy came up to me when I was on my KLR at the HD dealer and he said... 'that bike is probably more fun to ride than any other bike around here today'. The issue is a non-issue in my opinion.
 
We still have some HD or death guys around here, especially in the local "psudo 1 percenter clubs". I like all bikes to include some HD's. I'm at three bikes right now but if I had more room in the stable I'd probably have a decked out Road King or Super Glide. I like you have also found that guys who work in the HD shops are usually very complimentary of the KTM, Honda or Suzuki bikes I've brought by. Its an ignorant minority that we're really talking about here not limited to HD. I've seen these kinds of ignorant snobs, albeit to a lesser degree, among BMW and Gold Wing bike groups. Its less apparent there probably because we have less of those bikes. Its really not the bikes but more some kind of individual insecurity at work here with these folks.
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Can't we all just get along?
.
.
.
NO !!!

:rofl:
.
.
.
.
.
.
What this thread needs is MORE PICTURES !!!
.
Here's one of mine
.
.
.
86e6249d37965af59b9ae366268099bc.jpg
 
I've never had anyone say a bad word about my CB or Japanese bikes to my face, I've gotten lots of compliments and inquiries.
We have a Harley dude that rides with my club sometimes. Most of the guys ride Triumphs and there are a couple of CB1100s and CB750s. Most of the guys are into classics and modern classics, but don't actively hate on HDs.
 
BMW snobs? Yep, I've come across them. But Goldwing snobs? Really? I've always found those terms to be mutually exclusive. The folks who ride Goldwings around here all seem to be frail 75 year old men wearing baseball caps and blue windbreakers, with a cute teddy bear perched on the trunk. Harmless and benign.
 
:rofl: harmless and benign until you try and get ahead of a group of them to the buffet line or the line to the 1 holer in the gas station rest room. BTDT
 
Back
Top