Redbird_imp
Running like a top
I have the OEM chrome ones on mine.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I put a $20 pair of hiway pegs on mine for a 3 week trip and they helped considerably for stretching the legs--didn't use them a lot time wise, but just the fact that I could change the leg position for 10 mintues here and there was helpful.Alain Lee_imp said:This summer, I dropped my CB (2017) while entering into a side road and it slided from underneath me for a few meters without any damaged to the engine case.
I sanded the damaged section and repainted it black, looks like new :dodgy:
Anyone ever installed a highway foot peg on their SWMotech engine guard?
I installed the SWMotech bars (black) within a week of possession and never regretted it.
Regards
Alain
Huh? :huh: You don't have highway pegs yet Alain? (What did we talk about in the spring?Alain Lee_imp said:This summer, I dropped my CB (2017) while entering into a side road and it slided from underneath me for a few meters without any damaged to the engine case.
I sanded the damaged section and repainted it black, looks like new :dodgy:
Anyone ever installed a highway foot peg on their SWMotech engine guard?
I installed the SWMotech bars (black) within a week of possession and never regretted it.
Regards
Alain
)Huh? :huh: You don't have highway pegs yet Alain? (What did we talk about in the spring?GoldOxide_imp said:Huh? :huh: You don't have highway pegs yet Alain? (What did we talk about in the spring?Alain Lee_imp said:This summer, I dropped my CB (2017) while entering into a side road and it slided from underneath me for a few meters without any damaged to the engine case.
I sanded the damaged section and repainted it black, looks like new :dodgy:
Anyone ever installed a highway foot peg on their SWMotech engine guard?
I installed the SWMotech bars (black) within a week of possession and never regretted it.
Regards
Alain)
Anyway, I think you should execute on them, especially if we ever get to the 2021 Rally - which looks not assured from today's vaccine deployment point of view.
I can see the border guard saying, "Proof of vaccination please."
)Of the available poll data as of this writing, one thing that is apparent, the "would have's" out-number the "would not's" by over 100%. (20:9).j3gq_imp said:With over 600 views, and barely 30 votes, ...
I guess polls are not very popular these days.
anyway!
lol there is no right and wrong...it's a do you use them or not poll.Houtman_imp said:MANY members view the Poll MANY times just to see how wrong the other side is.
almost right ... Just that those 13% mentioned above do not plan, but have installed the crash bars too.The ferret_imp said:lol there is no right and wrong...it's a do you use them or not poll.Houtman_imp said:MANY members view the Poll MANY times just to see how wrong the other side is.
I liked 2017EX's example above with his 74 CB...he used them until he needed them, then he took them off and didn't replace them, I guess figuring he would never need them again lol
so far it looks like 31% of the respondents don't use them
56% of respondents do use them
and 13 % of respondents might use them in the future, maybe before they need them and maybe not
I wonder from reading the responses, how many mounted case savers simply as a way to mount highway pegs so they could stretch out their legs

If your legs are long enough and you scoot foward, bend just a bit, you can rest your feet on the crash bars (SW Motech) w/out hiway pegs...just watch your pant leg...and don't test your crash bars while doing this.The ferret_imp said:lol there is no right and wrong...it's a do you use them or not poll.Houtman_imp said:MANY members view the Poll MANY times just to see how wrong the other side is.
I liked 2017EX's example above with his 74 CB...he used them until he needed them, then he took them off and didn't replace them, I guess figuring he would never need them again lol
so far it looks like 31% of the respondents don't use them
56% of respondents do use them
and 13 % of respondents might use them in the future, maybe before they need them and maybe not
I wonder from reading the responses, how many mounted case savers simply as a way to mount highway pegs so they could stretch out their legs
almost right ... Just that those 13% mentioned above do not plan, but have installed the crash bars too.j3gq_imp said:almost right ... Just that those 13% mentioned above do not plan, but have installed the crash bars too.The ferret_imp said:lol there is no right and wrong...it's a do you use them or not poll.Houtman_imp said:MANY members view the Poll MANY times just to see how wrong the other side is.
I liked 2017EX's example above with his 74 CB...he used them until he needed them, then he took them off and didn't replace them, I guess figuring he would never need them again lol
so far it looks like 31% of the respondents don't use them
56% of respondents do use them
and 13 % of respondents might use them in the future, maybe before they need them and maybe not
I wonder from reading the responses, how many mounted case savers simply as a way to mount highway pegs so they could stretch out their legs
Hm, crash bar for highway pegs, ... I wish I could modify the poll![]()
lol there is no right and wrong...it's a do you use them or not poll.The ferret_imp said:lol there is no right and wrong...it's a do you use them or not poll.Houtman_imp said:MANY members view the Poll MANY times just to see how wrong the other side is.
I liked 2017EX's example above with his 74 CB...he used them until he needed them, then he took them off and didn't replace them, I guess figuring he would never need them again lol
so far it looks like 31% of the respondents don't use them
56% of respondents do use them
and 13 % of respondents might use them in the future, maybe before they need them and maybe not
I wonder from reading the responses, how many mounted case savers simply as a way to mount highway pegs so they could stretch out their legs
Agreed. Blacked-out, can barely notice them in the provided images.PowerDubs_imp said:My motech engine guard probably saved my leg from much more damage than it already received in my accident.
The guard bent back just stopping before making contact with the engine. No damage to the engine.
I paid less for a new set of Motech after the accident than a single engine cover would have cost me-
https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/hon/52f28c1cf870021404ec5a60/left-crankcase-cover
I happen to like the way they look-
![]()
![]()
Well, I wouldn't dare to argue with you (I am sure you have heard when the Castle of William the Conqueror got renamed into Windsor), my language skills anyway too limited.The ferret_imp said:almost right ... Just that those 13% mentioned above do not plan, but have installed the crash bars too.j3gq_imp said:almost right ... Just that those 13% mentioned above do not plan, but have installed the crash bars too.The ferret_imp said:lol there is no right and wrong...it's a do you use them or not poll.Houtman_imp said:MANY members view the Poll MANY times just to see how wrong the other side is.
I liked 2017EX's example above with his 74 CB...he used them until he needed them, then he took them off and didn't replace them, I guess figuring he would never need them again lol
so far it looks like 31% of the respondents don't use them
56% of respondents do use them
and 13 % of respondents might use them in the future, maybe before they need them and maybe not
I wonder from reading the responses, how many mounted case savers simply as a way to mount highway pegs so they could stretch out their legs
Hm, crash bar for highway pegs, ... I wish I could modify the poll![]()
Oh so you read it that those mounted case guards later (after buying).... and I read it that they plan on installing them later.
English, funny language
Well, I wouldn't dare to argue with you (I am sure you have heard when the Castle of William the Conqueror got renamed into Windsor), my language skills anyway too limited.j3gq_imp said:Well, I wouldn't dare to argue with you (I am sure you have heard when the Castle of William the Conqueror got renamed into Windsor), my language skills anyway too limited.The ferret_imp said:almost right ... Just that those 13% mentioned above do not plan, but have installed the crash bars too.j3gq_imp said:almost right ... Just that those 13% mentioned above do not plan, but have installed the crash bars too.The ferret_imp said:lol there is no right and wrong...it's a do you use them or not poll.Houtman_imp said:MANY members view the Poll MANY times just to see how wrong the other side is.
I liked 2017EX's example above with his 74 CB...he used them until he needed them, then he took them off and didn't replace them, I guess figuring he would never need them again lol
so far it looks like 31% of the respondents don't use them
56% of respondents do use them
and 13 % of respondents might use them in the future, maybe before they need them and maybe not
I wonder from reading the responses, how many mounted case savers simply as a way to mount highway pegs so they could stretch out their legs
Hm, crash bar for highway pegs, ... I wish I could modify the poll![]()
Oh so you read it that those mounted case guards later (after buying).... and I read it that they plan on installing them later.
English, funny language
But for guidance to the coming voters, I wrote "when did you install", not "when do you plan".
:worship:
PS: I like your threads and posts very much !!!
I put a $20 pair of hiway pegs on mine for a 3 week trip and they helped considerably for stretching the legs--didn't use them a lot time wise, but just the fact that I could change the leg position for 10 mintues here and there was helpful.pdedse_imp said:I put a $20 pair of hiway pegs on mine for a 3 week trip and they helped considerably for stretching the legs--didn't use them a lot time wise, but just the fact that I could change the leg position for 10 mintues here and there was helpful.Alain Lee_imp said:This summer, I dropped my CB (2017) while entering into a side road and it slided from underneath me for a few meters without any damaged to the engine case.
I sanded the damaged section and repainted it black, looks like new :dodgy:
Anyone ever installed a highway foot peg on their SWMotech engine guard?
I installed the SWMotech bars (black) within a week of possession and never regretted it.
Regards
Alain
Huh? :huh: You don't have highway pegs yet Alain? (What did we talk about in the spring?GoldOxide_imp said:Huh? :huh: You don't have highway pegs yet Alain? (What did we talk about in the spring?Alain Lee_imp said:This summer, I dropped my CB (2017) while entering into a side road and it slided from underneath me for a few meters without any damaged to the engine case.
I sanded the damaged section and repainted it black, looks like new :dodgy:
Anyone ever installed a highway foot peg on their SWMotech engine guard?
I installed the SWMotech bars (black) within a week of possession and never regretted it.
Regards
Alain)
Anyway, I think you should execute on them, especially if we ever get to the 2021 Rally - which looks not assured from today's vaccine deployment point of view.
I can see the border guard saying, "Proof of vaccination please."
)
)