Its official 2014 CB 1100's for US

I made my wife watch that video, she told me if I bought it all I would do is park it in the garage drink cream soda and stare at it. It is a work of art!
 
That's really perplexing about the wheels. While I actually prefer the look of the black cast wheels (at least with the red and white tanks), I'm sure that Honda would have picked up a number of new customers in those looking to go a bit more true retro with the spoked wheels. It will be interesting to see how the more bulbous shaped tank looks with the cast rims instead of the spokes.
 
Here's the black version



As you can see from the text at the bottom of the screen, ABS will not be available on the standard (black) model.
 
Joola_imp said:

I don't see anything wrong with that. :beerchug:
Cormanus_imp said:
bighurt35_imp said:
Interesting. The bike in that video also had some new grey buttons on the left and right hand sides. The left hand one is probably a relocated horn button and the right a switch for hazard lights maybe.

It looks lovely.
Exactly right. At 1080 and full screen you can make out the symbols. Click the image to see full size. Not sure I care for the light gray color but I wouldn't mind that relocated horn.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/QODiKWN.jpg]
It's interesting that the little things make you want to change. I'm really happy with my 2011 CB1100, but the offer of a gear indicator, hazard lights and a sixth gear makes you feel there's something missing on your bike.
 
thumper_imp said:
Here's the black version



As you can see from the text at the bottom of the screen, ABS will not be available on the standard (black) model.
Strange, the sub text indicates that the "European model is shown". But at least it is not identical to my black (German) CB 1100! For example, my black CB 1100 has no black ally rims but silver alloy rims, and my turn signal bodies are silver, finally my CB 1100 has no orange reflectors at each side of the front fork. (Maybe there are some more differences but the pic is so small.)
Cormanus_imp said:
Joola_imp said:

I don't see anything wrong with that. :beerchug:
Cormanus_imp said:
bighurt35_imp said:
Interesting. The bike in that video also had some new grey buttons on the left and right hand sides. The left hand one is probably a relocated horn button and the right a switch for hazard lights maybe.

It looks lovely.
Exactly right. At 1080 and full screen you can make out the symbols. Click the image to see full size. Not sure I care for the light gray color but I wouldn't mind that relocated horn.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/QODiKWN.jpg]
It's interesting that the little things make you want to change. I'm really happy with my 2011 CB1100, but the offer of a gear indicator, hazard lights and a sixth gear makes you feel there's something missing on your bike.
Hazard lights were already available for CB 1100 2013 model:
 
Why do they (and other) manufacturers do this with wheels and colors? I'm wondering if market research of some sort indicates that Americans like black engines or Europeans prefer spoked wheels? It seems odd, and it would rationalize production and marketing cost to create the same model for the entire world, save for certain safety or environmental regs.
 
bighurt35_imp said:
I made my wife watch that video, she told me if I bought it all I would do is park it in the garage drink cream soda and stare at it. It is a work of art!
i like cream soda.....I don't understand what the problem is.....:)
 
Capo_imp said:
Why do they (and other) manufacturers do this with wheels and colors? I'm wondering if market research of some sort indicates that Americans like black engines or Europeans prefer spoked wheels? It seems odd, and it would rationalize production and marketing cost to create the same model for the entire world, save for certain safety or environmental regs.
Good question that, do most USA bikes have side reflectors as well, would have liked the black alloy wheels with like the US model, plain silver engine, which Ihave, side reflectors which I have none.
Apart from country regulations, why not standardize.
 
I like the looks of the new seat the best out of all of the aftermarket style....I like the side cut down like the 2013 stockers, It flows with the tank very nicely, I'll be curious if it will fit the 2013 bikes.....
 
Thread starter
[quote='Mick65'

Good question that, do most USA bikes have side reflectors as well, would have liked the black alloy wheels with like the US model, plain silver engine, which Ihave, side reflectors which I have none.
Apart from country regulations, why not standardize.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, USA bikes are required by the Department of Transportation to have front and rear side reflectors. The front are double stick taped on and if you like them could easily order a set or some here have removed them and may have them laying around and would be willing to send them to you. The rears are bolt on. Some here have removed them as well.
 
Well all right!! The news I've been waiting for! :banana: :thanks: :banana:

Sign me up for one deluxe model please... even if it is red. :D
 
I am a little confused here. From the links to the You Tube video's it would appear that the 2014 will be White with dual exhausts, larger tank, spoked wheels and the six speed trans. All of which I like accept the white paint. (Or is this NOT the US model)

Saw nothing about a standard and deluxe or anything about a black motorcycle.

Some times the dealers don't have the correct information. What can we say we know as FACT at this point.
 
Don't discount the white until you see it in person. Honda, Pontiac and Moto Guzzi (that I've seen in person and remember) produce a white that reminds me of the frosting on red velvet cake. Very very nice. But it has to be seen in person.

Naturally; if you like red, black or blue instead this won't matter. :)
 
Back
Top