Its official 2014 CB 1100's for US

DAC_imp said:
Glad to see it coming back for 2014. I wanted black but as earlier posted here, that black is almost too much black. Silver engine and wheels would have been nice. Will have to see what else is posted later.
 
Thread starter
ingobohn_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Here's the black version



As you can see from the text at the bottom of the screen, ABS will not be available on the standard (black) model.
Strange, the sub text indicates that the "European model is shown". But at least it is not identical to my black (German) CB 1100! For example, my black CB 1100 has no black ally rims but silver alloy rims, and my turn signal bodies are silver, finally my CB 1100 has no orange reflectors at each side of the front fork. (Maybe there are some more differences but the pic is so small.)
Cormanus_imp said:
Joola_imp said:

I don't see anything wrong with that. :beerchug:
Cormanus_imp said:
bighurt35_imp said:
Interesting. The bike in that video also had some new grey buttons on the left and right hand sides. The left hand one is probably a relocated horn button and the right a switch for hazard lights maybe.

It looks lovely.
Exactly right. At 1080 and full screen you can make out the symbols. Click the image to see full size. Not sure I care for the light gray color but I wouldn't mind that relocated horn.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/QODiKWN.jpg]
It's interesting that the little things make you want to change. I'm really happy with my 2011 CB1100, but the offer of a gear indicator, hazard lights and a sixth gear makes you feel there's something missing on your bike.
Hazard lights were already available for CB 1100 2013 model:


Lol...like the seat strap, I had to go out and look at my bike to verify I had this switch. Didn't remember it. :rolleyes:
 
I'm glad to see they fixed most of the problems that bothered me on my 13. 6th gear, and more fuel! I will be getting this model in the spring! Any word on the seat design? Was it changed so it would be more comfortable?
 
That new tank is fat 'n ugly. It ruins the lines of the bike, IMO.

Spokes are prone to corrosion in FL, when mags wheels came out there was a cheer across the state.

The dual exhaust is cool, especially if it doesn't go to crap the first time you ride it. I'm looking forward to seeing it when the 14s arrive.
 
To clarify, since there seems to be some confusion, all of the information we've gotten thus far indicates that spoked wheels will NOT be available on any CB1100 in the US for 2014. It's mags or nothing for US buyers. Many dealers have now confirmed this.
 
Barkingshins_imp said:
To clarify, since there seems to be some confusion, all of the information we've gotten thus far indicates that spoked wheels will NOT be available on any CB1100 in the US for 2014. It's mags or nothing for US buyers. Many dealers have now confirmed this.
I would like to have spokes. Might try to buy a front and rear hub, get some bucanon stainless spokes and nipples, Honda rims and lace up a set of wheels. probably looking at $1,000 to $1500. would be worth it for me. I'd rather have the smaller tank, don't care about 6ht gear that much. Would also like to have the 4 into 2 pipes, Probably $1500 or so. I love the Red on my 13. Just need spokes and pipes.
 
I suspect you could get the spoked wheels from Europe as a Honda part. The exhaust from your local dealer as a stock part.
 
I would think you probably could even get that sixth gear in there if money was no object.

I am disappointed no spoked wheels.

None of the additions are sufficient for me to make a swap but IF the bike had spokes I'd be slightly tempted.
 
Thread starter
Just a guess on my part, but Im guessing the seat is the same, the vinyl cover is different.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
That new tank is fat 'n ugly. It ruins the lines of the bike, IMO.

Spokes are prone to corrosion in FL, when mags wheels came out there was a cheer across the state.

The dual exhaust is cool, especially if it doesn't go to crap the first time you ride it. I'm looking forward to seeing it when the 14s arrive.
I agree that the lines of the bike take a real hit from the more bulbous tank, but I don't think of it as ugly. Realistically, it's probably the best compromise that Honda could come up with in an effort to increase fuel capacity.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Where are you guys seeing this increase in tank size? Width? Height? Length? All of the above? It's only 1/2 gallon difference. It doesn't look much different to me.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Where are you guys seeing this increase in tank size? Width? Height? Length? All of the above? It's only 1/2 gallon difference. It doesn't look much different to me.
I'm with you on this one. I've compared similar pics from '13 and '14 side-by-side and I'd be hard-pressed to point out even very subtle differences between the two tanks... certainly nothing that detracts from the overall look of the bike in any significant way. Some have even gone so far as to call it 'ugly' and 'fat'. I don't see it at all.

*shrug*
 
The ferret_imp said:
Where are you guys seeing this increase in tank size? Width? Height? Length? All of the above? It's only 1/2 gallon difference. It doesn't look much different to me.
They've added height towards the back of the tank, giving it more of a bulbous appearance.

Obviously the impact this has on one's feeling towards the design varies from one individual to the next. For me, changes to shape and/or scale are often like fingernails on a chalkboard, it doesn't take much to drive me nuts.

It's one reason that I find Triumph Bonnevile tanks from the 60's to be near perfection, and tanks on the current Bonnies to be not so much.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The ferret_imp said:
Where are you guys seeing this increase in tank size? Width? Height? Length? All of the above? It's only 1/2 gallon difference. It doesn't look much different to me.
This just goes to show how different our individual tastes can be. To me the difference in the tanks is glaring. That's why I stuck the IMO in there.

Also IMO, a 1/2 gallon doesn't seem like enough to get excited about. That's what, 20-30 miles more? Would that really change the fueling dynamics of a long trip?
 
I should also add that I can imagine others preferring the shape of the new tank, and that's cool by me.

I was floored by the original CB1100 design — everything worked in harmony to my eye. The fact that the new model deviates from the original is bound to lose some points in my book. But there are plenty of folks who are ecstatic with some of the changes.

I'll give you another example: I really dig the shape of the original side covers, leaving the front section of the frame triangle exposed. Plenty of others clearly prefer the new design that extends over the frame.

I love the original design as it stands on its own. The new deluxe is a bit more of a nod to the past and that can't help but resonate more deeply with some than it does with others. They are both wonderful to look at and everyone will have their own preferences. And while I prefer the original design, I'll readily admit to being envious of the double-wall construction that they've gone to for the headers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hey, I'm excited that anyone is excited about anything new in motorcycles. That it's because of a new model CB1100 is icing on the cake. Love this forum!
 
Back
Top