Itching to ride

Johnboy_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
-4 degrees here today ... Just left the dealership waiting on my oem rear carrier to come in ... Itching to ride ... Love reading your posts from around the globe !
 
You are not alone. Lots of guys in the northern climes itching to get back out. Our Canadian brothers have it the worst. Might be May before they can get out.

It is amazing how this motorcycle has brought so many guys from around the world together
 
Thread starter
Yes it is Ferret ! I am simply amazed ... Wow ! Poor guys in Canada .... Give me some mid to high 40's and I'm gone riding ... I can see you are die hard anytime rider ... Lots of respect for the heated suite I'm sure .. Lol
 
It was a bone jarring, teeth chattering 40 here this morning. Thank goodness it's up to 50 now :)
Supposed to be about the same tomorrow, but I'm heading south to Clearwater Beach on business.
Be back Sunday, temps supposed to be in the 80's. Hope to ride a little :)
 
I like the title of this thread. I've been a bit quiet lately and haven't been on any bike in the last month or so as I'm dealing with a prostate problem... seriously dealing with it since October. To the point that I had the TURP procedure done yesterday. I hope to get back on the bike soon. I'm missing some incredible riding weather here in Fla. and I've found that I'm getting crabby knowing that and not getting any riding in. Ps... if your prostate acts up...DEAL with it. It won't get better on its own! Sorry... not a bike issue... just a male biker issue.
 
ride4now, hope your recovery comes along quickly and well.
 
It's time.

The weather breaks tomorrow here. Last nights 3 inch snowfall has already melted by noon and the trees are budding, the robins have landed in the yard and my doctor has okayed me to ride now fully six months after very successful bypass surgery and the local MSF trainer squeezed me in for this Saturday and Sunday!.

Its time, ya'll. Time to pick up that helmet I ordered and pick out jacket, pants, gloves and boots. An exciting time, a good time and thanks to you all for being part of it especially during those long cold months leading up to this.

- Art
 
good night that's a lot of snow.

My driveway is pretty long, and I've got it perfectly clean (can't say as much for the road out front). Today I actually considered getting a bike out and riding up and down the driveway a couple of times. How pathetic is that? lol
 
hb9400_imp said:
Maybe you can take it for a spin :)
There are places around town I would love to clean up. There was no place to put it. There at the train station we lost all the parking on that side. 20 spaces. The K Mart parking lot in town is FULL of HUGE mountains of snow trucked in from other places and cleared off the lot. But it will melt soon enough.
 
The ferret_imp said:
good night that's a lot of snow.

My driveway is pretty long, and I've got it perfectly clean (can't say as much for the road out front). Today I actually considered getting a bike out and riding up and down the driveway a couple of times. How pathetic is that? lol
We might give up a thread to answering that question, Ferret! :P
 
Thread starter
Well since my first post on this thread we have had an ice storm ... 20,000 without electricity.... Power poles broke in half and trees down everywhere.. It's been a real eye opener for us ... The worst disaster my little county has ever experienced .. Today still about 10,000 without power .. Fortunately I have power now and have invested in very nice generator in case this happens again ... Haven't had Internet until a couple days ago .... The Red Cross is set up at my church here in Cumberland Coumty .. You' all keep us in prayer .. I'm still ITCHIN to RIDE!
 
Mother Nature can be a cruel mistress. Sorry she is taking it out on you right now.

What I can tell you from disasters is having been thru a flood, 2 tornados (here) and a hurricane (when I lived in Florida), is that a year from now you won't even know anything happened when you look around. Hang tough things will go back to normal.
 
That picture of the New England snow looks a lot like it is around here.
No wheels turning around here until about mid April.
 
Back
Top