Italian GP ***Spoiler Alert***

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Ch 219 7-9 am


FP is going on in Misano right now in the rain
 
Actually, just to be pedantic, it is the San Marino Grand Prix. The Italian is run at Mugello.

I'm just mad because a friend of mine is on site and I'm not...
 
Thread starter
Ok the San Marino GP is this Sunday ( in Italy) lol

Big surprise who is running fastest in FP2.... Ok, so it's no surprise .......
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ok the San Marino GP is this Sunday ( in Italy) lol

Big surprise who is running fastest in FP2.... Ok, so it's no surprise .......
Let me guess...His initials are the same as a popular candy?LOL
 
Thread starter
Well he was leading last time I looked, but a quick check over on MotoGP.com showed Dovisioso fastest for the day. Lots of crashes in rain today. Sunday is forecast to be dry
 
Good to see Yamaha finally acknowledging Phil again after all these years! It seems ever since he decided to fight Bill Ivy for the 250cc title, and win it, Yamaha has pretty much ignored him.

I had the immense privilege to spend some quality time with Phil last year. There is a classic bike hill climb run on the road behind my house every two years, and last year a number of old champions showed up, including Phil Read and Freddie Spencer. One of my best friends who now works for the FIM, and used to work for HRC back in Spencer's day, was also there riding a Honda 750 Daytona replica, so obviously I went up to meet him. He was chatting with Phil in the paddock, and so I got a chance to also meet one of my childhood heroes.

After chatting for a while, I asked Phil if he wanted to come over to my place for a BBQ the following day. To my surprise he seemed honestly happy to say yes! So the next day, Phil and his girlfriend showed up in the afternoon, and we spent the rest of the day just talking about racing and life in general. Truly a great person, and a Sunday afternoon I will never forget...
 
Wish I could have been there for that BBQ Henrik.

Just read that Aprilia has made it official, they'll be in Motogp next year with Melandri rumored to be a team rider. Now if Kawasaki could be persuaded to come back.
 
Thread starter
Holy cow Henrik..that is cool! Awesome experience I'll bet.


In his interview I like how he said he showed up with two Yamaha 250 road racers in his car lol
 
Thread starter
Race starts in 5
 
Thread starter
Great stuff eh Henrik?
 
Thread starter
Yep...unbelievable!
Wow..
 
Wow, indeed. What a race. A pity we can't talk about it.
 
Thread starter
Ok changed title..... feel free to discuss

Good for Rossi, good to see him back on top especially in front of the home crowd...and I thought he was washed up after his stint at Ducati..silly me.
 
Rossi is never washed up! He is a pure racer who loves the sport more than anything. I honestly though he would quit after Simoncelli died, but I believe racing is his life. Amazing to see how he was pushing in the early laps, determined not to let Marquez get the better of him. Then increasing his speed just a bit more until Marquez actually cracked. I would have loved to see Marc with him on the podium though because the two seem to have true admiration of each other.
 
I love it when the old guy wins in any sport. Rossi was on top of his game today. The celebrations will last into the wee hours in Misano.
 
Back
Top