the_undecider_imp
Been there
If I or my wife lost our job, something of that nature.The ferret_imp said:As in needing money to buy another new bike?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
If I or my wife lost our job, something of that nature.The ferret_imp said:As in needing money to buy another new bike?
All of what you just described is why I like it. If one checks themself, a CB1100 is all the bike one would ever need to experience motorcycle harmony with the environment.LongRanger_imp said:Yep. It's way too underpowered for an 1100 (it should have 120+ hp, right?) and is way too heavy. It doesn't have a beak, traction control, ride by wire, ride modes, or stability control. Why would anyone want one? The old ones (pre-2017) don't even have LED lights for crying out loud.
I bought it beacause it doesn't have any of those things - I was a little iffy on the ABS and fuel injection (never had a bike with either before) but accepted them as necessary evils.LongRanger_imp said:Yep. It's way too underpowered for an 1100 (it should have 120+ hp, right?) and is way too heavy. It doesn't have a beak, traction control, ride by wire, ride modes, or stability control. Why would anyone want one? The old ones (pre-2017) don't even have LED lights for crying out loud.
Enjoy your new HD, let us know how you like it. I personally tried out a few HD too. I like the twisty mountain roads but the HD foot pegs are too low, they too easily scrape the asphalt. You don't need to go fast to scrape them. That was it for me. I currently have a 2012 Harley Road King and regret ever buying it! Details in the post Bike's you were disappointed with.usa_imp said:Enjoy your new HD, let us know how you like it. I personally tried out a few HD too. I like the twisty mountain roads but the HD foot pegs are too low, they too easily scrape the asphalt. You don't need to go fast to scrape them. That was it for me.xmike_imp said:@The ferret. Shaking, sound, slow speed maneuvering, low center of gravity. I had a feeling that CB is quite top heavy. I tried sportster 72, fatboy and low rider. Fatboy weights approx. 60kg more than CB, but it felt very maneuverable also in "walking" speed. Much more maneuverable than CB for me. On CB I always worn full gear, because I was little affraid of her, of that top heavy feeling. But with HD I was not afraid about anything after 10 metres. I was really surprised how easy it turns. And that feeling about engine full of life under you, engine you can feel, feeling that engine will jump out of frame and run away...(sportster 72)I wish I could keep CB, she is best looking bike, eye pleasing. I loved looking at her every morning and evening in garage. But riding on CB didn't bring any emotion for me. She is very powerfull bike, accelerates faster than harley, but for me she is (emotionally) something like ford mustang with 2.0 ecoboost engine and HD is shelby with 5L V8 (roaring...).
Funny, I have a 2014 standard with a Staintune and have the headers at Jet Hot as we speak. They are expected to ship back to me on July 11th. I'll do a separate post once received and installed.B-rad G_imp said:Keeping mine! Recently added a Staintune slip on (which I love!) and hoping to Jet Hot my headers before summer's end.
Hmm ... (I know you're being facetious, but this gives me an opportunity to increase my low post count).LongRanger_imp said:Yep. It's way too underpowered for an 1100 (it should have 120+ hp, right?) and is way too heavy. It doesn't have a beak, traction control, ride by wire, ride modes, or stability control. Why would anyone want one? The old ones (pre-2017) don't even have LED lights for crying out loud.