Is your CB a keeper?

The CB is almost everything I look for in a motorcycle, certainly in a single rider medium distance motorcycle and I can't imagine it going anywhere as long as I am alive other than to my son when I finally quit riding.

It won't be the only motorcycle in the garage though. Ever.
 
It is today; that is, I have absolutely no desire to replace it, I truly enjoy it, and with minimal modifications in terms of cash outlay (less than a thousand bucks).

I got it July 2013, 10,000 miles so far. It gets about 20 percent of my riding miles per year but that has gone up a bit here lately. Next thing I hope to try is a longer ride, all day, with the handlebar mods. Very, very smooth now.
 
I go back and forth on keeping or not. Right now I'm leaning 'not', as I have other bikes that I choose to ride more, or prefer their particular characteristics. But that changes daily. And I do have an occasional urge to do a custom job on it.

I am still totally smitten with the looks and quality of the CB, less so with the riding experience, which is not a slight to the bike, just my preferences. I can completely understand one deciding to keep a CB forever, it's a special machine.
 
Probably not; I'll keep it for a few years and move on to another bike that weighs less. Hopefully Moto Guzzi will come out with a V9 Scrambler and then the Honda will probably go to a new owner.
 
nostalgia plays a big part in me keeping mine and it is hard to explain.
with only two bikes to ride they fill a different niche in my life as one is all about the past and one all about the future while remembering the past.

once knew an old man who watched X movies most of his day and he told me he was once a great football player but was now to old to play but still liked watching a good game being played ...... have no idea how that fits in but i like throwing you guys a curve to make you day more interesting.
 
I'm still as happy with my CB1100 as the day I brought it home. It embodies everything I need in a motorcycle and it's a pleasure to see every time I walk through the garage. When I reach that point when I no longer can ride, I'll sell it to someone who will, hopefully, enjoy riding it as much I have.
 
I love my CB. It's the best bike I have owned. I have no intention of ever parting with it, especially after all the "customization" I have done to it. I don't get how some guys can do so much work on their bikes and then turn around and sell them like nothing. Adding new bikes to the stable, however, is always an option.
 
For me the CB does everything that I want a bike to do, it's simple to maintain, it's cost effective to own, it handles very well and it looks like a motorcycle should look. No reason to sell it. I do hope that Honda comes out with the NEOWing in a touring configuration along the lines of the Gold Wing. I owned a Can't Aim Spyder for a couple months and like the concept but they are a royal PITA to service, the suspension flat out sucks and the security system is a major problem so down the road it went. Only reason I like the 3 wheelers is that I don't like balancing the weight of the big Harleys or Wings. BTDT.
 
I've traded through two dozen bikes in the last 26 years. I want to stop doing that. I just had the 8000 mile service done on my CB because I intend to keep it and I want it to be right. I think that's saying something too because only one of my previous bikes ever had a 500 mile service done at the dealership and this 8000 mile thing...my dealership charged the full Honda shop time hours for it. Yikes

I'm keeping this bike. Not because I just shelled out a ton of dough for service but simply because it is a joy to ride and I love it.
 
Rebel73_imp said:
I love my CB. It's the best bike I have owned. I have no intention of ever parting with it, especially after all the "customization" I have done to it. I don't get how some guys can do so much work on their bikes and then turn around and sell them like nothing. Adding new bikes to the stable, however, is always an option.
I have trouble understanding that, too. I think the only reason I'd sell it is if I really got where I could not manage the weight for some health reason or due to an injury.
 
I don't ride that much but everytime I ride my DLX it just keeps getting better, the quality feel of a Honda product puts a smile on my face whenever I ride. I feel I own something that is hard to find and that makes me want to keep it even more and just looking at it in my garage makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!yeah for now she is a Keeper.:thumbsup:
 
I'm going to run the wheels off mine.
 
I have been dreaming of owning an in-line 4 since the CB750 K0 came out. Now I am proud owner of a CB1100 for 2 weeks now, parting with it is the last thing on my mind. You might say you would have to pry my cold dead hands off of the handlebar grips before I would say good-bye to this bike.
 
I have had at least one motorcycle in my garage for the past 48 years. The best decision I ever made was to down size to the Cb1100. It is all and everything I need in a motorcycle. It will, unless something tragic happens to it before me, be my final motorcycle. That is unless technology catches up and there is a truly viable all electric option before I am so old I can no longer navigate on two wheels. Even then I may upgrade to two.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Yes mines a keeper, though it doesn't mean it will always be my solo ride. I got into motorcycles because my old man kept his first street bike (xs650), that will eventually be passed on to me. I plan on having others but I can't imagine not keeping the cb to be passed on down one day as well.
 
When it comes to bang for the $$ the CB is hard to beat. I'm happy with the one I have and see no reason to get rid of it. I used to look at the high dollar stuff that I owned and seldom rode and thought why do I have it if I'm not going to ride it, well the CB has solved that issue. It's a relatively low $$ bike, I love to ride it, how can you beat that. Happy, Happy, Happy!:excited::beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Rocky_imp said:
Truth be told, I really have too many bikes (some say you can never have too many bikes :D) and over our relatively short summer each one doesn't get ridden that much.
I love the 1100, and it's the star of the fleet, but in three summers I've only ridden it 6000+ km's.
It's a keeper, but there are no other riders in my family so the day will come when all the bikes will be sold.
Rocky, I'd hate to tell you the combined total miles I've ridden on 3 bikes, in 3 full years. You're doing good my friend!
 
^ Yeah, but you work too hard ride4now. Just wait till you retire. :)
 
Back
Top