Is your CB a keeper?

ride4now_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I pose this question because every now and then I read that someone is selling his CB and moving on... there's been more than a few of late and that's sad to me. Most seem to be just wanting to try something new... and that's fine. But this bike is so special to me (even though I currently don't ride it much) that I don't think I could bear to part with it. So that's really my question. I had this discussion, briefly, with Motogeezer a few weeks ago on FB when he announced he was selling his. He doesn't get emotionally attached to his machines and periodically moves on to something new. Is anyone else like that? Or are you like me... when you find something you like, you KEEP it. I have a 23 year old boat, of my 3 cars, one is 11 years old, of my 3 bikes, one is 12 and the other one is 7 years old. And I have only had one wife... 40 years now. Oh, maybe I shouldn't have brought that up... LOL. So, is the CB a keeper for you? Or not? And if not, what would you trade it for?
 
I'm too old and too poor to do much changing....

I plan on keeping this one until some has to wheel me out to the garage in a wheel chair and start it up for me so I can hear it run ;-)

+1 on the 40 year wife ;-)
 
Mine is, at least for now. Someday it will be too heavy for me and I will need to move on, but for now I really enjoy riding it and every time I wheel it back into the garage, I promise myself never to sell it.
 
My CB will become a family heirloom. No plans for parting with it. Still excited about the opportunity to purchase and own a motorcycle with retro flair and built to quality Honda standards.
 
Mine isn't. I'll probably start looking around for something I like more after a while. Just estimating, but I'd guess another 200,000 mi or 20 years and I'll be ready for a change. So far, though, I like this bike more every year.
 
I don't feel an emotional attachment to my CB1100. However, it does everything I want it to do and looks great doing it. You never know what the future holds, but it is my intention to keep this bike until I quit riding altogether. I would like to have a true sport touring bike someday, and if I were a little younger or a little wealthier, I might look at a dedicated track bike, but those would be in addition to the CB1100
 
Rolls_imp said:
Mine isn't. I'll probably start looking around for something I like more after a while. Just estimating, but I'd guess another 200,000 mi or 20 years and I'll be ready for a change. So far, though, I like this bike more every year.
:rofl:
 
Oh yeah, mine is a keeper for sure. I've been riding street bikes since '78, maybe six bikes or so. This bike is way better than anything else I've ever owned. When I test rode it I thought I was experiencing some kind of miracle. I had a 2000 Suzuki Bandit that was a little stronger & quicker, but this Honda has got plenty of power for my needs. Yeah, when they come to take my poor body down they'll find the CB1100 in the garage and they'll say, 'Well, he had a good life didn't he?'
 
Mine is not. I bought it as an interim street bike for slab rides longer than I care to make on my dual sport (KTM690R). KTM is supposed to come out with an 800 adventure in 2018. If they do and it has wet weight of 450 lbs or less I'm buying one and this bike will be up for sale. I like my Honda CB1100 but dirt riding is calling as usual.
 
I like mine but it was really just a push of the button on Ebay so i am not emotionally attached however my CB750K is the one i will never part from.
Plan on keeping the CB1100 for the remainder of my riding life which i wonder how much longer that will be and am well satisfied with the bike , no regrets.
 
I have owned (own) many a motorcycle over the past 50 year, I currently own four.
My CB1100 will be the last bike I will ride when the time comes for me to hang up my helmet.
I hope that day is a long way off, but, one never knows what cards life will deal you.
My CB1100 is the bike I hope to grow old with, and will enjoy her as long as I am able.
 
A serious illness has kept me from riding for the past several months, but it has been my pride and joy just parked in the garage to LOOK at whenever I want. The bike is simply beautiful to behold! I look at it fondly and admire its masuline lines and the "all black" integrated paint scheme is stealthy if not elegant. The whole package is simply striking.

My riding days may be temporarily over, but thoughts of riding my CB1100 again frequent my dreams.

So yes, its a keeper, at least for the next 3-1/2 years until the pink slip is officially mine.

Here's a few pictures of a bone stock bike. I have moderately accessorized mine, but succeeded in staying as true to its original appearance as possible, because it's hard to improve on perfection. :-)
 
ride4now_imp said:
I pose this question because every now and then I read that someone is selling his CB and moving on... there's been more than a few of late and that's sad to me. Most seem to be just wanting to try something new... and that's fine. But this bike is so special to me (even though I currently don't ride it much) that I don't think I could bear to part with it. So that's really my question. I had this discussion, briefly, with Motogeezer a few weeks ago on FB when he announced he was selling his. He doesn't get emotionally attached to his machines and periodically moves on to something new. Is anyone else like that? Or are you like me... when you find something you like, you KEEP it. I have a 23 year old boat, of my 3 cars, one is 11 years old, of my 3 bikes, one is 12 and the other one is 7 years old. And I have only had one wife... 40 years now. Oh, maybe I shouldn't have brought that up... LOL. So, is the CB a keeper for you? Or not? And if not, what would you trade it for?
I'm like you! :thumbsup:

Mine is a keeper. I think the UJM was the pinnacle of multipurpose, standard motorcycle design. After riding my CB750 for 15 yrs., I knew it wasn't going to last forever and eventually I'd have to find something else to ride. I did a lot of browsing at motorcycle dealers, but nothing made me want to open my wallet. When the CB11 finally showed up, it was exactly what I was looking for, so I bought the first one I could find. Like MTC, I'm not emotionally attached to my CB, but it's unlikely that I'll run across anything that can replace it.

I've had my plane for 22 yrs., my CB750 for 20 yrs. and my truck for 18 yrs. The CB11 isn't even 4 yrs. old, so it's a good bet that it will be around for a long time to come.
 
I bought an 04 Sportster new, rode it 32,000 some miles, loved it's look and all, and swore I would never sell it, but it's funny how high siding your ride can reshape your thinking. Then a couple of years after the accident, I thought, why didn't I rebuild that bike and do something interesting with it? Nearly a year with the CB and 7500 miles later...it's one of the few bikes that looks as good as my sportster did (along with the Triumph Scrambler and of late the new breeds Triumph has put out). So yes, the CB is a keeper. If I don't immediately think, wow, that's a cool LOOKING motorcycle, then I'm just not interested. At night I flip on the garage light just to look at it instead of flipping through mc magazines.
 
Yes the cb1100 is a keeper and will be good companion for the other bike's. Pic's of the other keepers.
forgot one.
 
No question will never part with it, have another bike and may well purchase somthing else but the quest to continue to modify and improve it will never end
Work in the industry and there is something new coming every few months from one brand or another so the temptation sometimes is hard to resist but the cb is a keeper
Probably build something like this next
 
I hope both my CB and Interceptor will become family heirlooms. I love looking at both of them and riding the CB is the best (under 70).
 
Truth be told, I really have too many bikes (some say you can never have too many bikes :D) and over our relatively short summer each one doesn't get ridden that much.
I love the 1100, and it's the star of the fleet, but in three summers I've only ridden it 6000+ km's.
It's a keeper, but there are no other riders in my family so the day will come when all the bikes will be sold.
 
Back
Top