Is there a sense of humor on this forum?

Personally I think this thread is hilarious, answering the OPs question, and fully support whatever the awesome CB1100 Forum proprietor and mod see fit for their baby. I love it here.
 
It's a pity the thread has been deleted, if only because I'd like to know what Houtman said that caused such a contretemps.

My $0.02 worth is that it seems a pity to delete a whole thread because of one post. A better solution would be to delete any problematic post and lock down the thread if it's getting out of control. Unless, of course, storage space is a problem, in which case deleting things may be necessary.
 
Cormanus, if it had been a thread containing valuable info about the CB 1100, that might have been the case, however, it was ANOTHER thread which denigrated to whether Harley riders wave back or not. Im sure there are several in the archives that were not deleted, because it has been discussed before, always with the end result being insulted members of our forum who also own that brand, feeling forced to defend their choices of motorcycle ownership.

I cringe when ever I see Harley Davidson in a thread because I know it will not end well. Never has, doubt it ever will.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus, if it had been a thread containing valuable info about the CB 1100, that might have been the case, however, it was ANOTHER thread which denigrated to whether Harley riders wave back or not. Im sure there are several in the archives that were not deleted, because it has been discussed before, always with the end result being insulted members of our forum who also own that brand, feeling forced to defend their choices of motorcycle ownership.

I cringe when ever I see Harley Davidson in a thread because I know it will not end well. Never has, doubt it ever will.
And the reason for that is........well, most of us know. :D
 
this group is straight forward, single and simple dimension - a sense of humour can create misunderstanding, so there is no humour here, not yet.
 
:thumbsup:
cbdtran_imp said:
this group is straight forward, single and simple dimension - a sense of humour can create misunderstanding, so there is no humour here, not yet.
I see it as someone's LACK OF humor and not understanding our humor as the cause of any misunderstanding.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus, if it had been a thread containing valuable info about the CB 1100, that might have been the case, however, it was ANOTHER thread which denigrated to whether Harley riders wave back or not. Im sure there are several in the archives that were not deleted, because it has been discussed before, always with the end result being insulted members of our forum who also own that brand, feeling forced to defend their choices of motorcycle ownership.

I cringe when ever I see Harley Davidson in a thread because I know it will not end well. Never has, doubt it ever will.
As always, Ferret, your call. Just to be clear though, I wasn't saying this particular thread should have been kept; I was offering a principle for deletion generally: delete posts rather than whole threads.

It's a pity really because Papa Weeley's original observation—that Harley riders have been behaving differently towards him since he got the CB1100—was interesting and worth talking about. Maybe it was inevitable that it would go the way of all threads where the words "Harley" and "Davidson" are mentioned.
 
Sorry all if I contributed to this issue... but I do get annoyed when people pick on Harley's and their stereotypical (which I'm not one...) rider. And like Ferret said, I feel the need to defend the brand just like I would defend 'rice burners' on an HD or any other forum. And even though I didn't get to see the issue or comment that caused Ferret to shut it down (probably a good thing), I defend his right to do so. This is a great place to spend some time taking about CB's and bikes... and I'm glad I found it. And it is at times pretty funny!! Guth and Ferret... Thanks.
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
Love the CB1100. Glad my son bought his and that I've ridden it more than him. No joke, but it is pretty funny :)
I think the notion that you're taking part in this forum, riding a machine that belongs to your son... And is riding it more than him... is not only funny... :rofl: but
really smart. :idea: Your $$$ stay invested and you still get to have a blast. What a concept!!!!!! :D. I wish my son and I were so smart... :beerchug:
 
Thread starter
I think that issues about a thread being closed down has a simple solution:

A Let us know who closed the thread : the OP or the moderator

B Tell us the reason why it is being closed.

C Do not delete it, just close it to further postings but do not delete .

We are all adults and should be able to make up our own mind about a thread.

I do not think that I was insulting to any one but now people might think that some thing terrible was posted.
 
I think we are all adults and as such should already know, or not care, why a thread was removed. We also, as adults, should not be judging a member by one comment he or she makes. Finally, as adults, we should recognize that the moderators have lives outside of this forum and should not have to take time from their lives to post a detailed explanation to the two people that actually care why a thread was deleted. If a person is that concerned, I think he or she should PM a moderator and ask him. I really don't need a useless, locked, thread popping to the top of the queue just so I can read an explanation why it's useless and locked.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I think we are all adults and as such should already know, or not care, why a thread was removed. We also, as adults, should not be judging a member by one comment he or she makes. Finally, as adults, we should recognize that the moderators have lives outside of this forum and should not have to take time from their lives to post a detailed explanation to the two people that actually care why a thread was deleted. If a person is that concerned, I think he or she should PM a moderator and ask him. I really don't need a useless, locked, thread popping to the top of the queue just so I can read an explanation why it's useless and locked.
Yep
HTFU
 
ride4now_imp said:
Sorry all if I contributed to this issue... but I do get annoyed when people pick on Harley's and their stereotypical (which I'm not one...) rider. And like Ferret said, I feel the need to defend the brand just like I would defend 'rice burners' on an HD or any other forum. And even though I didn't get to see the issue or comment that caused Ferret to shut it down (probably a good thing), I defend his right to do so. This is a great place to spend some time taking about CB's and bikes... and I'm glad I found it. And it is at times pretty funny!! Guth and Ferret... Thanks.
Sorry to point out the fact that all stereotypes have their basis in truth.

Interesting that you feel the need to defend whatever type of rider gets mentioned. I think they should defend themselves without my help if I'm an outsider.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I think that issues about a thread being closed down has a simple solution:

A Let us know who closed the thread : the OP or the moderator

B Tell us the reason why it is being closed.

C Do not delete it, just close it to further postings but do not delete .

We are all adults and should be able to make up our own mind about a thread.

I do not think that I was insulting to any one but now people might think that some thing terrible was posted.
I concur
 
Back
Top