aschem_imp
Been there
Feels sportier than my old CB900F (better brakes, lighter steering, smoother throttle response). A classic sport-themed CB.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
But I feel that way about all my bikes. Most of all, the 2015 ZX-10R, which fits me like a glove and is more of a touring bike than the CB1100. Big engine, big power, comfy, easy handling. True story. Must be my Neanderthal DNA.The ferret_imp said:Well, I think that statement was a lot truer in 1969 (or more accurately 1979 when talking the I-4 DOHC engines) than it is today, since the GP bikes of today only have a name badge in common with today's street bike. so I guess you could say this is a 1979 equivalent sport bike, although even the same displacement bike in 1983 made a lot more horsepower than this one does.
If you read the design criteria from Honda for this bike they did not design it to be a sport bike
Honda Motor Co.,Ltd.|Honda Global Corporate Website
Quote from the article:
"Built on Honda's motorcycle origins. Polished to perfection
Although it offers a sporty ride, the CB1100 is not a sport bike. It's a great motorcycle to take on a tour, but it's not a tourer or a cruiser. Despite how good it feels to zip around town on the CB1100, it's not a street bike, either. Focused only on the elements that make a motorcycle a motorcycle, we built the CB1100 on the origins of Honda's motorcycles and polished it to perfection. The result is an archetypal "cool bike."
It's a bike that requires no big "Let's ride!" occasion or attitude. Rather, you can simply think, "The weather is nice—where shall I go?" and take your CB1100 for an easygoing spin. It's a bike that will soon become a trusted friend and ally."
and again, as I've said many times already, there is no problem running this engine to redline, either occasionally, or all the time for that matter. Engines are designed to run within a certain " range " and the range on this bike is from 2500-8000 rpms. It's ok to run this bike in any gear between those rpms (although it is electronically rpm limited in certain gears meaning you will not be able to run it at 8000 rpms in certain gears) but other than that, it will not harm this motor to run it anywhere between those rpms and it's not " better" for it to run it at any given rpm than another rpm in that range

Well, I would never actually TELL anyone it is a sport bike. Especially the guy I followed going down that fast mountain road who was riding a KTM 1190 Adventure. But it felt pretty sporty at the time.holy666diver_imp said:I agree Honda needs to get their act together and have a naked standard category. I've had plenty of people call it a sport bike though I correct them. I like the term "Vintage/Modern Standard". Cause that is what this bike really is a vintage looking machine with modern performance with a standard riding position.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/GWrbDJ]image by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/55838481@N07/]cbiz_wiz, on FlickrRolls_imp said:Designers say, "It's a bike that will soon become a trusted friend and ally."
Take it wherever you enjoy having a friend and ally.
This bike's been very, very good to me, as a machine, as therapy, and as an introducer to top-quality friends, online and in person.
My $0.02, adjusted for inflation.
Enjoy!
[url=https://flic.kr/p/GWrbDJ]image by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/55838481@N07/]cbiz_wiz, on Flickr
Cormanus_imp said:Rolls_imp said:Designers say, "It's a bike that will soon become a trusted friend and ally."
Take it wherever you enjoy having a friend and ally.
This bike's been very, very good to me, as a machine, as therapy, and as an introducer to top-quality friends, online and in person.
My $0.02, adjusted for inflation.
Enjoy!
[url=https://flic.kr/p/GWrbDJ]image by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/55838481@N07/]cbiz_wiz, on Flickr
Very well said, Rolls. The same is true for me, even though I could not hope to emulate your riding style.