Is Synthetic really worth it?

jmc1100_imp said:
Best thing for your engine...Change oil before winter storage and fog that engine!!
What is this "winter storage" you speak of? That's prime riding season around here :)
 
I've eaten fried chicken at a lot of restaurants. None of it has ever held a candle to " home made"
 
Supermarkets down here have cooked whole chickens for about $5-$7 that are wonderful. Oh man they are tasty and not fried (although I do like the Col. Chicken).
 
Best place around here is the Lake Manor Inn in Mt Orab, Ohio..about 30 miles from me. They used to have an awesome salad bar as well, but sadly the salad bar has gone down hill.
 
Best dang salad bar I've ever been at was a Country Buffet in Ames Iowa. They know how to do a spread in Ames. This was about thirty years ago so things may have changed a wee bit.
 
What??!!! Fried chicken up north? Next thing you know, y'all be eatin' biscuits and gravy for breakfast and washing it down with Dr. Pepper!
 
A few years ago when my wife and I rode our Nighthawk down the Natchez Trace, we had seen an episode of Feasting on Asphalt where Alton Brown ate fried chicken at a place called the Old Country Store in Lorman Misissippi. When we got to Natchez we learned that store was about 25 miles away so we rode up there. I would NEVER have stopped there if it hadn't been for the TV show, and I was apprehesive still. Old rundown, dilapidated dry goods store form last century. We went inside and there was this old black man who ran the place said he learned to cook chicken from his mom, and his chicken was the best in the country. It was awfully good. best? Hard to say. But combined with the ambiance, and him serenading my wife, and the deep south greens we never see, it was a special experience. Glad we did it.
 
If you liked that experience, I could send you to some BBQ places that you'd swear you would never set foot in but has the BEST BBQ you've ever had. I was at one place called Wild Horse BBQ in OK (named because it's at the foot of Wild Horse Mountain, not because of the meat!). I thought it had a dirt floor until I looked closer. It was the best I've ever eaten.
 
Well...this thread took a turn.....
 
Yes but you have to admit, its the most civil oil thread you've ever read...right? lol

I think the OP 's questions were pretty much answered in the second post ( yours)
 
LOL!...(dern 5 letter minimum to make a post!)
 
Lets get this back on track. A lot of people waste their money by changing their oil after every chicken, but I change my oil every 6 chickens and have never had a problem. However I always check the level before each chicken and have to top off from time to time.
 
Back
Top