Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


No argument from me! :worship:Rboe_imp said:I may, just may have been silly there. Cast iron is the way to go.![]()
No argument from me! :worship:The ferret_imp said:No argument from me! :worship:Rboe_imp said:I may, just may have been silly there. Cast iron is the way to go.![]()
Is this board so civil that we can't get into a dino vs synthetic pissing match!? In that case, I say peanut oil is the only way to fry chicken. Anyone that says canola is the way to go is a tree-hugging, gun-toting, liberal, conservative hippy, redneck, moron!wildezt_imp said:That Lodge cast iron stuff is great , I have their double burner girdle, a skillet, and the Dutch oven... Ahh!
And like Rboe said in an another thread ,they gett better with time . Quoting his words:-
" I think of it like cast iron cook wear. New looks good, but a well seasoned pan has a certain rugged handsomeness to it that is appealing."

I think mom used Crisco oil. Is that stuff even available today?oldgoat01_imp said:Is this board so civil that we can't get into a dino vs synthetic pissing match!? In that case, I say peanut oil is the only way to fry chicken. Anyone that says canola is the way to go is a tree-hugging, gun-toting, liberal, conservative hippy, redneck, moron!wildezt_imp said:That Lodge cast iron stuff is great , I have their double burner girdle, a skillet, and the Dutch oven... Ahh!
And like Rboe said in an another thread ,they gett better with time . Quoting his words:-
" I think of it like cast iron cook wear. New looks good, but a well seasoned pan has a certain rugged handsomeness to it that is appealing."
![]()
You're all wrong. The ultimate.....bacon grease.Tripod_imp said:Peanut oil? Crisco? Canola?
Lard, baby, lard...
You're all wrong. The ultimate.....bacon grease.Deanohh_imp said:You're all wrong. The ultimate.....bacon grease.Tripod_imp said:Peanut oil? Crisco? Canola?
Lard, baby, lard...

Heh. If your cast iron pan says "Made in the USA" it's made by exactly one company. All cast iron pans made in the USA are made by the same company; they white-label their stuff for other manufacturers of kitchenware who feel they need cast iron items to be "complete." The stuff you learn on "How It's Made."Tripod_imp said:No argument from me! :worship:The ferret_imp said:No argument from me! :worship:Rboe_imp said:I may, just may have been silly there. Cast iron is the way to go.![]()
And only a Lodge cast iron skillet. Anyone who uses anything else doesn't know anything about frying chicken... :angel:
