emptysea
Road warrior
Thread starter
I use my iPhone X and an app called Scenic to navigate my planned routes and to track my routes, planned or otherwise. I have it mounted on a Ram mount which really works perfectly for me.
I use a waterproof case from OTBBA which I got from Amazon. It works great in general (very waterproof/very shock resistant - I have first-hand testimonials for both), but I'm getting glare on the screen that makes it difficult to read. Yes, I have adjusted the mount to keep it as much out of the sun as possible, but that doesn't help. Yes, I've changed the brightness control on my iPhone (I've tried both the True-tone and manual options)--I feel like it's probably bright enough without the case, but I haven't experimented with that yet. Yes, I know that iPhone screens can dim when the device gets hot, but the dimness/glare thing happens even in the winter. I think that the screen on the case is causing the glare or maybe is filtering the light in a manner that causes the iPhone to dim.
My question to you who use their phone for navigation is this: Do you have a waterproof case and, if so, do you have problems with glare/screen dimness?
Thanks for the help.
P.S. No, I don't want to use a paper map or buy a Garmin, but thank you.
I use a waterproof case from OTBBA which I got from Amazon. It works great in general (very waterproof/very shock resistant - I have first-hand testimonials for both), but I'm getting glare on the screen that makes it difficult to read. Yes, I have adjusted the mount to keep it as much out of the sun as possible, but that doesn't help. Yes, I've changed the brightness control on my iPhone (I've tried both the True-tone and manual options)--I feel like it's probably bright enough without the case, but I haven't experimented with that yet. Yes, I know that iPhone screens can dim when the device gets hot, but the dimness/glare thing happens even in the winter. I think that the screen on the case is causing the glare or maybe is filtering the light in a manner that causes the iPhone to dim.
My question to you who use their phone for navigation is this: Do you have a waterproof case and, if so, do you have problems with glare/screen dimness?
Thanks for the help.
P.S. No, I don't want to use a paper map or buy a Garmin, but thank you.