Interesting Discovery

ridesalot_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I have been installing Lockhart-Phillips bullet turn signal lights this week. Knowing that the CB11 has front marker lights combined with the turn signals I ordered the 3 wire version with dual filament bulbs for the front. When I began to disconnect the stock lights I found only two wires. After doing 6 similar installations on other bikes this is the first time I have encountered this system. Apparently, Honda sends a low amperage signal down the turn signal wire full time to serve as marker lights. When the turn signals are operated a higher amp signal is sent down the same wire to produce the flashing. I installed the lights leaving the marker light wires disconnected. Works fine. So... anyone planning this farkle, you will only need the two wire lights.

P.S.
This farkle is a bit more involved on the CB11 than on other bikes I have done. For those who are going to do it, have patience. You will have a few problems to solve.
 
What about the emergency flashers?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
What about the emergency flashers?
I never thought of that. I think they will be unaffected by my mod since the the same type turn signal filament is being used in the new bullet lights.
I'll let you know when i get out to the garage.
 
Back
Top