Installed Corbin Seat For 2014 CB1100 STD

venturer434_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Thanks to CB1100 forum member T30 for meticulously packing the Corbin seat and shipping it to me with care. Great experience buying from a fellow forum member.. Installed the corbin seat in no time and clocked 100 miles today.. The weather in Houston has been great off lately... First impression ..very happy with the seat comfort..
 
Nice pictures of your CB. It appears the profile of your new Corbin seat may reduce the seat height a little. Is that the case? Could be a good thing for some riders.
 
Looking good.. now get some RLET's on that machine
 
Black bike, black seat, and nice black gaiters--RLETS WOULD look good!
 
Bike does look good, allow enough miles for the seat to break in. Mine now feels perfect after 5k miles.
I hate to join the chorus BUT the RLETs would add a touch of black to your otherwise unadorned handlebar area.

Really like the grab rail and luggage rack combo look, with I had gone that route. If anybody wants to swap ........
 
I'm curious about whether or not the seat height is lower too...another half-inch would allow me to flat foot it on this bike.

In any case, looks great, especially with the rear rack and gaiters!
 
c-breezy_imp said:
I'm curious about whether or not the seat height is lower too...another half-inch would allow me to flat foot it on this bike.

In any case, looks great, especially with the rear rack and gaiters!
Oh yeah, I've got to get those gaiters on this winter!
Enough with the procrastination!!
 
Purely subjective response to seat height but it "seemed" a bit lower to me. $500 bucks for a lower seat is a pricey mod. Look around, my buddy hated his Corbin and he's not the only one.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for all the good comments.. I hear all the forum members suggesting about the RLETS ... they are still pending.. will get to them soon..

Suhawk305 and C-breezy , Though the Corbin Seat profile appears a bit low, it does not necessarily translate to the foot placement to be low as this is still governed by the inner leg curve the seat profile offers.. Corbin seat is very hard and does not comply like the standard seat when you sit on it.. So to answer your question no I did not find any major difference in the change in foot placement ...I dont recommend investing on a corbin seat just for a lower seat... You can read about the FAQ on the corbin website , Corbin Motorcycle Seats | 800-538-7035 .

Though the corbin seat is very hard.. I have no complaints and I am very happy with it..
 
No, a board is hard, a concrete slab is hard...

a Corbin has both of those beat :rofl:
 
I haven't put that many miles on my Corbin yet, but I am getting accustomed to it. Even put my Air Hawk seat bladder under a sheepskin to soften the "board feel." If I think about something else, I don't notice the different feel vs. OEM, which I did not like.
 
Back
Top