Ingrish translation

Tezza_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Saw someone mentioned japanese instructions in a post and thought I would post this up for a bit of a laugh.
 
After years of moderating several forums, I've always said " English, tough language" ( even for native English speaking people sometimes) lol
 
:D I've seen a few of those over the years and they always bring a smile.
English has to be one of the hardest languages for a foreigner to learn due to words that are spelled the same but have different meanings - depending on how it's used - and those words that are spoken the same but spelled differently and mean different things.
I like to think that I'm pretty good at the English language, but I do crossword puzzles and read a lot to stay current.
Even after 70 decades I'm often amazed at words I find for the first time.
 
Rocky_imp said:
:D I've seen a few of those over the years and they always bring a smile.
English has to be one of the hardest languages for a foreigner to learn due to words that are spelled the same but have different meanings - depending on how it's used - and those words that are spoken the same but spelled differently and mean different things.
I like to think that I'm pretty good at the English language, but I do crossword puzzles and read a lot to stay current.
Even after 70 decades I'm often amazed at words I find for the first time.
I know you are one of our senior forum members but....
 
Yeah, 70 decades ago- I wasn't around myself but I heard they were moving from solid wooden wheels to wood spokes and iron rims. Big improvement! :)

Ben
 
:rofl: hey be nice to your elders...
 
Any language is difficult to learn at first. In class or on-line every word is spoken slowly, correctly, and with perfect diction. It ain't like dat on the street man.

But whaddaya expect, huh? English has been kicked around for centuries all over the world. This is really evident when you receive a text from the younger generation. Like, u know whaddi mean, a?

Some of the English spellings could use an upgrade however.
laugh ... log?... laff ... oh!
Caterwauling? Wouldn't catawailing make more sense?

For 30 years of my working life, I worked in a French environment. Now after 12 years of retirement, I couldn't order poutine. Fortunately I can still read a bit of French with the help of the Roget French/English dictionary.
 
My first foreign car was a 1970 Datsun 2000 Roadster I bought in 1973, the factory service manual was kind of like the instructions you posted...lol.
 
Back
Top