Influx of 2014?s

Buff7mm_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I’m trying to grasp where all these brand new 2014’s are coming from, was Honda just setting on these just waiting for the right moment to reduce the prices and flood the market with new older model year bikes. I’m just trying to figure out Honda’s thinking.
 
Nobody can figure out Honda's thinking.
 
They did not sell well in 2014.
Now riders are appreciating them!
Worked for me
 
As I was made to understand, Honda's Powersports division just does this on a regular basis. The dealership I got my CB from told me how there are also other 2-3 year old honda models being slowly distributed by the factories which were over-produced. It's supposedly not a sign of poor sales, it's just that they tend to continue production too long after the initial sales falloff. For fans of honda products, it works out wonderfully. just wait a few years and that new model you love will probably have a leftover sticking around for thousands less. This kind of thing never happens with cars, and other japanese manufacturers don't even do it, so i'm grateful, honestly. I know that if i ever go shopping for another bike i will probably look at Honda first, just for this reason.
 
It depends on the dealer. I bought mine with just registration and sale tax beyond the $6999 price. I bought two helmets at dealer cost and rode away at under $7500 last October. I thought the price would go up this spring, not down.
 
Gentlemen,

I believe in the years to come these CB1100's will be cult classic bikes and the starting point for countless custom builds. Actually they already are that. It's such a solid simple platform and they work so well with modern fuel injection and electronic ignition that older air cooled 4's lack. Back in the 1960's Shelby Mustangs didn't sell well. It took a couple decades for them to be appreciated. I think the CB1100 is like that. Like another poster in this thread I have a Road King. Great bike to travel on but when I just want to go out for a ride I always jump on the CB1100. All the best.

Chip
 
Buff7mm_imp said:
I’m trying to grasp where all these brand new 2014’s are coming from, was Honda just setting on these just waiting for the right moment to reduce the prices and flood the market with new older model year bikes. I’m just trying to figure out Honda’s thinking.
They've been available since 2014. Just sitting in a warehouse waiting for buyers. Honda has advertised them on their U.S. website continually since then. I suspect that we are seeing more of them recently is because Honda is lowering the prices to dealers to try and clear them out for good.
 
May be there was a leftover for me? Might come in handy for next year. Plans are evolving. More about this in the near future....
 
Django rides the US??
 
Django, if you come to the U.S., make sure to start a thread to plan to meet up with as many of us as possible. Please plan to come through Utah. There are lots of beautiful places to ride in the dry mountain air.
 
Roper_imp said:
Django, if you come to the U.S., make sure to start a thread to plan to meet up with as many of us as possible. Please plan to come through Utah. There are lots of beautiful places to ride in the dry mountain air.
Oh, yes!
Plan to ride highway 14 through Duck Creek and highway 9 through Zion on April 30, then North Rim of Grand Canyon on May 1 (first day road is normally open).

It was like that May 5 of last year, but only a lightweight jacket needed, then. Coming back from Denver, yesterday, I saw that a lot of snow fell on Utah along I15, below I70, down to Cedar City.

Highway 14 looks clear on highway cameras, but lots of snow on both sides.
 
Django_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Django rides the US??
Stay tuned... :)
Stay tuned... :)
I need an emoji of head on one hand, fingers drumming!

It’s like waiting for the second part of Batman. :D
 
Back
Top