I'm in love Yamaha MT-10

Riko_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Compared to the CB1100 this is of a whole different level.
Not better, but different.

Liquid cooled, tons of power and modern looking to say the least.
Ow, and it has the engine of the mother of all supersports, the latest R1.:rolleyes:

Basic facts that made my jaw drop.
160hp
110nm
210kg wet weight.
ABS, riding modes and traction control

Need I continue? Yes I do:
Cruise Control as stock
optional heated grips
optional windshield
optional handshields
optional comfortseat
optional soft saddlebags
optional topcase
optional 12V outlet
So its a naked with capabilities to transform into a Tracer according to recent Yamaha tradition :)

Also:
optional quickshifter (only for upshifts)
full lcd display
190 rear tire

To be clear, I love the 'tracer' version of this bike, with all touring accessories, all black.







As some of you know, my experience with my CB has been somewhat troublesome, and I've only owned it since December 2015...

But rest assure, the CB is a keeper, let there be no mistake about that!
I knew this was thé bike I wanted since it first came out and now that I have my dreambike its still amazing to realise I actually own it, so I will not part from it.
I still simply look at the bike for no reason when I'm not riding it...that says enough :)

The MT-10 just got on top my 2nd bike to own list.
My 2nd bike has to have power more/better wind protection and a little added practicality.

And besides the sheer power, I absolutely adore that weird look the MT-10 has.
Weird, yet beautiful, it oozes tons of aggression and power due to that Decepticon like front end and the windshield actually complements the look, imo.

What do you guys think of this killing machine?
 
It's a cool bike. Their decision to include cruise control instead of a quick shifter seems a bit odd, as the bike seems geared more toward the market that would want the QS. Its Canadian MSRP also makes it compete with the S1000r, which gives you everything the MT does and more (at least in terms of tech).

Still I'd probably choose this over the Euros, as I'm sure it's relatively bomb-proof and low maintenance compared to an s1000 or a Tuono.
 
Thread starter
decepticon for sure :)
kmoney_imp said:
It's a cool bike. Their decision to include cruise control instead of a quick shifter seems a bit odd, as the bike seems geared more toward the market that would want the QS. Its Canadian MSRP also makes it compete with the S1000r, which gives you everything the MT does and more (at least in terms of tech).

Still I'd probably choose this over the Euros, as I'm sure it's relatively bomb-proof and low maintenance compared to an s1000 or a Tuono.
they also offer a quick shifter, as an option
 
I'm diggin' it. It looks a lot like a Triumph Explorer in the above pics, but I went and looked it up (I assume this is not to be a U.S. model), and it's pretty cool looking. Kind of has that whole alien/insect/snapped-together-Legos thing going for it. The specs are pretty impressive, too. Not sure that it would still be on my radar, but I can certainly appreciate it, never-the-less.
 
Love the bike! would go for the flourecent yellow/ matte color. Love the whole stance of the bike specially the headlights and love the sound the engine makes . Doubt that it will come over here in the states. The Mt-10 would be a perfect urban assault machine for my use.

If I had to nit pick It would be the black and white tft display, wish they came with the colored ones like the r1-m
 
Thread starter
Papa Weeley_imp said:
I'm diggin' it. It looks a lot like a Triumph Explorer in the above pics, but I went and looked it up (I assume this is not to be a U.S. model), and it's pretty cool looking. Kind of has that whole alien/insect/snapped-together-Legos thing going for it. The specs are pretty impressive, too. Not sure that it would still be on my radar, but I can certainly appreciate it, never-the-less.
my thoughts exactly the more I look at those pics, but nicer and more agressive :cool:

they do sell it in Canada, as FZ-10, I assume the States will follow
lola_imp said:
Love the bike! would go for the flourecent yellow/ matte color. Love the whole stance of the bike specially the headlights and love the sound the engine makes . Doubt that it will come over here in the states. The Mt-10 would be a perfect urban assault machine for my use.

If I had to nit pick It would be the black and white tft display, wish they came with the colored ones like the r1-m
yeah, that display on the R1 is freakin cool, maybe thats why the MT-10 is the cheapest of all its competitors, you get a lot of bike for the money

Yamaha MT-10 (2016): First ride review
 
Riko_imp said:
Compared to the CB1100 this is of a whole different level.
Not better, but different.

Liquid cooled, tons of power and modern looking to say the least.
Ow, and it has the engine of the mother of all supersports, the latest R1.:rolleyes:

Basic facts that made my jaw drop.
160hp
110nm
210kg wet weight.
ABS, riding modes and traction control

Need I continue? Yes I do:
Cruise Control as stock
optional heated grips
optional windshield
optional handshields
optional comfortseat
optional soft saddlebags
optional topcase
optional 12V outlet
So its a naked with capabilities to transform into a Tracer according to recent Yamaha tradition :)

Also:
optional quickshifter (only for upshifts)
full lcd display
190 rear tire

To be clear, I love the 'tracer' version of this bike, with all touring accessories, all black.







As some of you know, my experience with my CB has been somewhat troublesome, and I've only owned it since December 2015...

But rest assure, the CB is a keeper, let there be no mistake about that!
I knew this was thé bike I wanted since it first came out and now that I have my dreambike its still amazing to realise I actually own it, so I will not part from it.
I still simply look at the bike for no reason when I'm not riding it...that says enough :)

The MT-10 just got on top my 2nd bike to own list.
My 2nd bike has to have power more/better wind protection and a little added practicality.

And besides the sheer power, I absolutely adore that weird look the MT-10 has.
Weird, yet beautiful, it oozes tons of aggression and power due to that Decepticon like front end and the windshield actually complements the look, imo.

What do you guys think of this killing machine?
I'm glad to read the first sentence.
It's oh so good that the CB will stay with you.

Weird look is the right expression for what the MT offers and still not my cup of tea.
As all the other members of the new and even old MT family too. Maybe nice made machines, but
to much manga comic design involved, 'cause cad cam programs find their way into designing
and producing bikes. I more appreciate the "new" old look of modern classics, that may be created
the same way, but still present some kind of coming out of an earlier age. Likewise
I'm too retro, but I enjoy being this way.

Killing machine doesn't hopefully mean, that on the long run it will kill you
'cause of its sheer power. So always be aware of its overwhelming might, that a CB
in its own sweet way also has.

Wisedrum
 
Thread starter
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Buy it. Particularly if you are "in love" with it. You only live once.

Cheers
even if I had the cash available right now I couldn't justify a second bike for now since I haven't got the place.

And I wouln't park any bike, let alone such a bike, on the street in public.

I'll satisfy with cheating the CB once in a while and go behind her back hoping they got some MT's left so I can take her for a ride :)
Wisedrum_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
Compared to the CB1100 this is of a whole different level.
Not better, but different.

Liquid cooled, tons of power and modern looking to say the least.
Ow, and it has the engine of the mother of all supersports, the latest R1.:rolleyes:

Basic facts that made my jaw drop.
160hp
110nm
210kg wet weight.
ABS, riding modes and traction control

Need I continue? Yes I do:
Cruise Control as stock
optional heated grips
optional windshield
optional handshields
optional comfortseat
optional soft saddlebags
optional topcase
optional 12V outlet
So its a naked with capabilities to transform into a Tracer according to recent Yamaha tradition :)

Also:
optional quickshifter (only for upshifts)
full lcd display
190 rear tire

To be clear, I love the 'tracer' version of this bike, with all touring accessories, all black.







As some of you know, my experience with my CB has been somewhat troublesome, and I've only owned it since December 2015...

But rest assure, the CB is a keeper, let there be no mistake about that!
I knew this was thé bike I wanted since it first came out and now that I have my dreambike its still amazing to realise I actually own it, so I will not part from it.
I still simply look at the bike for no reason when I'm not riding it...that says enough :)

The MT-10 just got on top my 2nd bike to own list.
My 2nd bike has to have power more/better wind protection and a little added practicality.

And besides the sheer power, I absolutely adore that weird look the MT-10 has.
Weird, yet beautiful, it oozes tons of aggression and power due to that Decepticon like front end and the windshield actually complements the look, imo.

What do you guys think of this killing machine?
I'm glad to read the first sentence.
It's oh so good that the CB will stay with you.

Weird look is the right expression for what the MT offers and still not my cup of tea.
As all the other members of the new and even old MT family too. Maybe nice made machines, but
to much manga comic design involved, 'cause cad cam programs find their way into designing
and producing bikes. I more appreciate the "new" old look of modern classics, that may be created
the same way, but still present some kind of coming out of an earlier age. Likewise
I'm too retro, but I enjoy being this way.

Killing machine doesn't hopefully mean, that on the long run it will kill you
'cause of its sheer power. So always be aware of its overwhelming might, that a CB
in its own sweet way also has.

Wisedrum
I'm glad to read the first sentence.
It's oh so good that the CB will stay with you.

Weird look is the right expression for what the MT offers and still not my cup of tea.
As all the other members of the new and even old MT family too. Maybe nice made machines, but
to much manga comic design involved, 'cause cad cam programs find their way into designing
and producing bikes. I more appreciate the "new" old look of modern classics, that may be created
the same way, but still present some kind of coming out of an earlier age. Likewise
I'm too retro, but I enjoy being this way.

Killing machine doesn't hopefully mean, that on the long run it will kill you
'cause of its sheer power. So always be aware of its overwhelming might, that a CB
in its own sweet way also has.

Wisedrum
i think i am not exaggerating when calling this new Yami a killing machine, if you can wheelie in 4th gear, its a killing machine.
If it has a R1 engine and the total weight is 210kg wet, its a killing machine :)

For the conscience type, its a good thing to know its a possible killing machine, its all about acknowledging the power and learning to handle with it.

Anyway, if I was to sell my CB (cant believe I actually typed those words), I know I would regret it the day after....so that aint gonna happen! Ever.
This should be my new signature :)
 
The new Yamahas are winners no doubt but the styling leaves me cold. The new Triumphs show how handsome a modern, liquid cooled bike can be.
 
Riko_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Buy it. Particularly if you are "in love" with it. You only live once.

Cheers
even if I had the cash available right now I couldn't justify a second bike for now since I haven't got the place.

And I wouln't park any bike, let alone such a bike, on the street in public.

I'll satisfy with cheating the CB once in a while and go behind her back hoping they got some MT's left so I can take her for a ride :)
Wisedrum_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
Compared to the CB1100 this is of a whole different level.
Not better, but different.

Liquid cooled, tons of power and modern looking to say the least.
Ow, and it has the engine of the mother of all supersports, the latest R1.:rolleyes:

Basic facts that made my jaw drop.
160hp
110nm
210kg wet weight.
ABS, riding modes and traction control

Need I continue? Yes I do:
Cruise Control as stock
optional heated grips
optional windshield
optional handshields
optional comfortseat
optional soft saddlebags
optional topcase
optional 12V outlet
So its a naked with capabilities to transform into a Tracer according to recent Yamaha tradition :)

Also:
optional quickshifter (only for upshifts)
full lcd display
190 rear tire

To be clear, I love the 'tracer' version of this bike, with all touring accessories, all black.







As some of you know, my experience with my CB has been somewhat troublesome, and I've only owned it since December 2015...

But rest assure, the CB is a keeper, let there be no mistake about that!
I knew this was thé bike I wanted since it first came out and now that I have my dreambike its still amazing to realise I actually own it, so I will not part from it.
I still simply look at the bike for no reason when I'm not riding it...that says enough :)

The MT-10 just got on top my 2nd bike to own list.
My 2nd bike has to have power more/better wind protection and a little added practicality.

And besides the sheer power, I absolutely adore that weird look the MT-10 has.
Weird, yet beautiful, it oozes tons of aggression and power due to that Decepticon like front end and the windshield actually complements the look, imo.

What do you guys think of this killing machine?
I'm glad to read the first sentence.
It's oh so good that the CB will stay with you.

Weird look is the right expression for what the MT offers and still not my cup of tea.
As all the other members of the new and even old MT family too. Maybe nice made machines, but
to much manga comic design involved, 'cause cad cam programs find their way into designing
and producing bikes. I more appreciate the "new" old look of modern classics, that may be created
the same way, but still present some kind of coming out of an earlier age. Likewise
I'm too retro, but I enjoy being this way.

Killing machine doesn't hopefully mean, that on the long run it will kill you
'cause of its sheer power. So always be aware of its overwhelming might, that a CB
in its own sweet way also has.

Wisedrum
I'm glad to read the first sentence.
It's oh so good that the CB will stay with you.

Weird look is the right expression for what the MT offers and still not my cup of tea.
As all the other members of the new and even old MT family too. Maybe nice made machines, but
to much manga comic design involved, 'cause cad cam programs find their way into designing
and producing bikes. I more appreciate the "new" old look of modern classics, that may be created
the same way, but still present some kind of coming out of an earlier age. Likewise
I'm too retro, but I enjoy being this way.

Killing machine doesn't hopefully mean, that on the long run it will kill you
'cause of its sheer power. So always be aware of its overwhelming might, that a CB
in its own sweet way also has.

Wisedrum
i think i am not exaggerating when calling this new Yami a killing machine, if you can wheelie in 4th gear, its a killing machine.
If it has a R1 engine and the total weight is 210kg wet, its a killing machine :)

For the conscience type, its a good thing to know its a possible killing machine, its all about acknowledging the power and learning to handle with it.

Anyway, if I was to sell my CB (cant believe I actually typed those words), I know I would regret it the day after....so that aint gonna happen! Ever.
This should be my new signature :)
Oh, dear, Riko, never say never. It will come back to haunt you.
 
I had to go with "indifferent". I really like the specs and features, but I'm not a fan of the Transformers look.
 
I voted indifferent, not because of any bias against the bike. I guess there are many more out there that appeal to me, something in the MV Brutale range for instance. But if it fries the bacon for Riko, that's good.

Cheers
 
Riko_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Buy it. Particularly if you are "in love" with it. You only live once.

Cheers
even if I had the cash available right now I couldn't justify a second bike for now since I haven't got the place.

And I wouln't park any bike, let alone such a bike, on the street in public.

I'll satisfy with cheating the CB once in a while and go behind her back hoping they got some MT's left so I can take her for a ride :)
Wisedrum_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
Compared to the CB1100 this is of a whole different level.
Not better, but different.

Liquid cooled, tons of power and modern looking to say the least.
Ow, and it has the engine of the mother of all supersports, the latest R1.:rolleyes:

Basic facts that made my jaw drop.
160hp
110nm
210kg wet weight.
ABS, riding modes and traction control

Need I continue? Yes I do:
Cruise Control as stock
optional heated grips
optional windshield
optional handshields
optional comfortseat
optional soft saddlebags
optional topcase
optional 12V outlet
So its a naked with capabilities to transform into a Tracer according to recent Yamaha tradition :)

Also:
optional quickshifter (only for upshifts)
full lcd display
190 rear tire

To be clear, I love the 'tracer' version of this bike, with all touring accessories, all black.







As some of you know, my experience with my CB has been somewhat troublesome, and I've only owned it since December 2015...

But rest assure, the CB is a keeper, let there be no mistake about that!
I knew this was thé bike I wanted since it first came out and now that I have my dreambike its still amazing to realise I actually own it, so I will not part from it.
I still simply look at the bike for no reason when I'm not riding it...that says enough :)

The MT-10 just got on top my 2nd bike to own list.
My 2nd bike has to have power more/better wind protection and a little added practicality.

And besides the sheer power, I absolutely adore that weird look the MT-10 has.
Weird, yet beautiful, it oozes tons of aggression and power due to that Decepticon like front end and the windshield actually complements the look, imo.

What do you guys think of this killing machine?
I'm glad to read the first sentence.
It's oh so good that the CB will stay with you.

Weird look is the right expression for what the MT offers and still not my cup of tea.
As all the other members of the new and even old MT family too. Maybe nice made machines, but
to much manga comic design involved, 'cause cad cam programs find their way into designing
and producing bikes. I more appreciate the "new" old look of modern classics, that may be created
the same way, but still present some kind of coming out of an earlier age. Likewise
I'm too retro, but I enjoy being this way.

Killing machine doesn't hopefully mean, that on the long run it will kill you
'cause of its sheer power. So always be aware of its overwhelming might, that a CB
in its own sweet way also has.

Wisedrum
I'm glad to read the first sentence.
It's oh so good that the CB will stay with you.

Weird look is the right expression for what the MT offers and still not my cup of tea.
As all the other members of the new and even old MT family too. Maybe nice made machines, but
to much manga comic design involved, 'cause cad cam programs find their way into designing
and producing bikes. I more appreciate the "new" old look of modern classics, that may be created
the same way, but still present some kind of coming out of an earlier age. Likewise
I'm too retro, but I enjoy being this way.

Killing machine doesn't hopefully mean, that on the long run it will kill you
'cause of its sheer power. So always be aware of its overwhelming might, that a CB
in its own sweet way also has.

Wisedrum
i think i am not exaggerating when calling this new Yami a killing machine, if you can wheelie in 4th gear, its a killing machine.
If it has a R1 engine and the total weight is 210kg wet, its a killing machine :)

For the conscience type, its a good thing to know its a possible killing machine, its all about acknowledging the power and learning to handle with it.

Anyway, if I was to sell my CB (cant believe I actually typed those words), I know I would regret it the day after....so that aint gonna happen! Ever.
This should be my new signature :)
Naughty Riko! You are a butterfly.

Cheers
 
Uh oh

Must lie down quickly.... Someone pass me a Xanax or a beer .. Or maybe both....

Must resist....

The bike I had before my ktm 990 adv was a gen1 fz1... It was modded, and I had it tuned by a local pro, who now tunes ferraris.. All the stuff that Yamaha did to reduce the hp was undone... I loved that bike and I miss it.. I got rid of it as I wanted a big adv bike and I was going waaaaaaay to fast on it...

I love the CB, but right now, but it's the most aggressive riding bike I own.. I'd love a big holligan bike that one could tour on.. The good news was that there wasn't anything that spoke to me. The bmw s1000r kinda peaked my interest, but didn't command my attention..

The mt10 or more likely the fz10, has me going..... Hmmmmmmm

Uh oh
 
Thread starter
Hondahawkrider_imp said:
Uh oh

Must lie down quickly.... Someone pass me a Xanax or a beer .. Or maybe both....

Must resist....

The bike I had before my ktm 990 adv was a gen1 fz1... It was modded, and I had it tuned by a local pro, who now tunes ferraris.. All the stuff that Yamaha did to reduce the hp was undone... I loved that bike and I miss it.. I got rid of it as I wanted a big adv bike and I was going waaaaaaay to fast on it...

I love the CB, but right now, but it's the most aggressive riding bike I own.. I'd love a big holligan bike that one could tour on.. The good news was that there wasn't anything that spoke to me. The bmw s1000r kinda peaked my interest, but didn't command my attention..

The mt10 or more likely the fz10, has me going..... Hmmmmmmm

Uh oh
that definitely sums up the tracer version of this bike perfectly I think.
 
I voted that I like it. It definitely has an industrial look about it. I prefer the simpler lines and components of the CB but there is something oddly attractive about the MT10.
 
Back
Top