I'm close to buying this exhaust, BUT

Ha! I've been there. Sometimes, it's futile to resist those urges to mod your bike! I'm sure you'll get it all sorted out just fine. Be sure to post photos once you get the exhaust installed.
 
Thread starter
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on the Nojima exhaust. :banana:
I asked Takashi for three Nojima decals, and he told me it comes with one but Nojima wanted to charge extra for the other two. Evidently Mr T put his foot down and got me the 2 extra stickers for free! :thumbsup:
He is also throwing in a set of exhaust gaskets as well. Glad he thought of that; I had forgot that I would need a new set.
Takashi ROCKS! :worship:
I also asked him if he knew of another Nojima for the CB1100 being sold to anyone here in the US. It will be interesting to see his reply. :D
Now I just have to wait about a month for it to be built and another few days for shipping. Its too cold to be wrenching around here anyway.
 
Inline4_imp said:
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on the Nojima exhaust. :banana:
I asked Takashi for three Nojima decals, and he told me it comes with one but Nojima wanted to charge extra for the other two. Evidently Mr T put his foot down and got me the 2 extra stickers for free! :thumbsup:
He is also throwing in a set of exhaust gaskets as well. Glad he thought of that; I had forgot that I would need a new set.
Takashi ROCKS! :worship:
I also asked him if he knew of another Nojima for the CB1100 being sold to anyone here in the US. It will be interesting to see his reply. :D
Now I just have to wait about a month for it to be built and another few days for shipping. Its too cold to be wrenching around here anyway.
For what you are paying, they should send you a dozen, if you wanted them. Wanting to charge you for two decals is a scary thought. What could it be, an extra dollar?
 
Thread starter
DGShannon_imp said:
Inline4_imp said:
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on the Nojima exhaust. :banana:
I asked Takashi for three Nojima decals, and he told me it comes with one but Nojima wanted to charge extra for the other two. Evidently Mr T put his foot down and got me the 2 extra stickers for free! :thumbsup:
He is also throwing in a set of exhaust gaskets as well. Glad he thought of that; I had forgot that I would need a new set.
Takashi ROCKS! :worship:
I also asked him if he knew of another Nojima for the CB1100 being sold to anyone here in the US. It will be interesting to see his reply. :D
Now I just have to wait about a month for it to be built and another few days for shipping. Its too cold to be wrenching around here anyway.
For what you are paying, they should send you a dozen, if you wanted them. Wanting to charge you for two decals is a scary thought. What could it be, an extra dollar?
For what you are paying, they should send you a dozen, if you wanted them. Wanting to charge you for two decals is a scary thought. What could it be, an extra dollar? My sentiments exactly. I was rather surprised that, after purchasing an exhaust in excess of $1200, that Nojima wanted to charge me for 2 extra decals. Understanding that samurider is just an agent for Nojima, if I were to be dealing directly with them they would get a piece of my mind, and probably a cancellation of my order. Its just audacious on their part.
On a brighter note, Takashi told me that he has not sold a Nojima exhaust for the CB1100 to anyone in the US. That alone makes me feel pretty good about my purchase. I just hope the craftsmanship is on par with the pics posted online. It is one beautiful piece!
Darn, a month or more of waiting. :( :heart:
 
Thread starter
I got some pretty cool news today. Stopped at Dunkin Donuts for coffee and a customer/friend pulled up just as I was walking across the parking lot.
He was admiring the CB and told me that if I ever need anything done to it, his brother-in-law is Chuck Wilburn and he can get me hooked up!
The funny thing is, I had already contacted Mr Wilburn about tuning my bike once the new exhaust is installed. He owns Tupelo Performance Cycles, which is a Power Commander authorized tuning center. I tell ya, its a small world we live in!
Now if I could just get that exhaust delivered!
http://tupeloperformancecycles.com/
 
Back
Top