If You Could Own Just Three Motorcycles....

My CB (Obv.)
R nine T Racer
BMW GS

......and an RC30

Dang! you see, I've just proved the age old equation that the correct number of motorcycles a biker should have in their garage is:

The number you already own + One.

This is a given and also clearly applies to imaginary garages as well as ones in the physical world.
 
- Any CB1100
- '92 to '94 CBR900RR
- Any Africa Twin with that 52 degree v-twin engine(of Hawk/Bros etc.)

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk
 
Guth_imp said:
RockHop_imp said:
Pretty easy since the 3rd garage currently has 3 bikes ...

ac15eb5300a52c77002dc1d768dc3997.jpg
I had no idea that there was a Montessa/Honda trials bike (not that I keep up with it all that much) — pretty wild How long have those been around? I know a guy down in Austin that rides trials. He restored an old KT250 a few years ago that looked like it turned out really slick. I must admit that Kawasaki green looked particularly good on that bike.
I had no idea that there was a Montessa/Honda trials bike (not that I keep up with it all that much) — pretty wild How long have those been around? I know a guy down in Austin that rides trials. He restored an old KT250 a few years ago that looked like it turned out really slick. I must admit that Kawasaki green looked particularly good on that bike.
I think Honda has had 85% ownership of Montesa since about 1985. Built in Japan and assembled at the Montesa plant in Barcelona per the agreement with the Spanish government. Previously imported into the US through LewisportUSA until about 2010(?). Not imported again until 2014 when they became available through Honda dealers. Listed on the MSO as a Honda.

The 4RT260 & 300RR models can be found on Honda USA's website in the Offroad -Competition section. Repsol Team Honda is pretty serious about trials and Spanish rider Toni Bou (22 indoor and outdoor World titles) has has been riding the Montesa since 2007. Here's a quick sample:


About the above: In my dreams :rofl:

BTW - jedd rides a Beta trials bike in Austin.
 
I've already "only" got 3 bikes in my garage. Mainly cos there is no more room for another bike as the rest of the space is filled with bike parts (or junk according to the missus) and my TVR T350C.
Bikes sitting in there at the mo.
1) CB1100RS
2) Ducati 900 Superlight
3) Suzuki GSX-R750F/G (its really a G that looks like an F)
I have been tempted to get another bike but that would mean one of the 3 above are sold and none are easy to part with. The other temptation i'm facing is a Honda CRF1000DCT Adventure Sports . It would be easier financially to loose the CB for the CRF, however practically wise the Ducati is the least ridden these days (well when the GSXR starts) .
 
For me:

CB1100 DLX in Black
KTM 1290 SuperAdventure
Suzuki GSX S1000F

Not logical, but fun.
 
DAC, I've always felt that the original CB1100s looked really nice with the black tank combined with the silver engine and wheels (with the silver side covers to match) as well the white tank combined with the black engine and wheels (with the polished rims).
 
Guth_imp said:
DAC, I've always felt that the original CB1100s looked really nice with the black tank combined with the silver engine and wheels (with the silver side covers to match) as well the white tank combined with the black engine and wheels (with the polished rims).

This one ?

 
F800GT_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
DAC, I've always felt that the original CB1100s looked really nice with the black tank combined with the silver engine and wheels (with the silver side covers to match) as well the white tank combined with the black engine and wheels (with the polished rims).

This one ?
This one ?
Yes, envision that bike with the silver side covers and that's exactly what I'm talking about. I think that the silver engine and silver wheels looks particularly good with the black tank.
 
Let's assume that you could own three, and ONLY three, motorcycles.

Including your CB1100, List the 3 bikes you would have in your garage.

Tough question. However, my VFR800 is the best bike I have ever owned, and yes, I like it much better than the CB1100. I would need to own a dirt bike, and I prefer 2-strokes, so my second bike would have to be the Yamaha YZ250 that I own. Since I would like to own a nice touring bike someday (only because my wife won't tour with me on the VFR anymore), I think I would like to own the new Honda Gold Wing - the 2018 model looks really nice.
 
Guth_imp said:
F800GT_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
DAC, I've always felt that the original CB1100s looked really nice with the black tank combined with the silver engine and wheels (with the silver side covers to match) as well the white tank combined with the black engine and wheels (with the polished rims).

This one ?
This one ?
Yes, envision that bike with the silver side covers and that's exactly what I'm talking about. I think that the silver engine and silver wheels looks particularly good with the black tank.

Like this ?

 
Looks better with the black side covers to me lol
 
Love the silver engine and wheels Django. Wish my U.S. 2014 CB Standard came that way. However, I am grateful to have what I have!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Looks better with the black side covers to me lol
This. Mind you, I am quite content with my red DLX. It is just gorgeous in my eyes and, in truth, every baby is such to the parents, no?
 
I own six bikes, and have an itch to buy a BMW R Nine T Pure. And another TW200.

I got the sickness. Don't think I could ever whittle down to three.

I'm screwed!
 
Back
Top